Educational

Author Topic: Do you get Pissed when everyone thinks your their personal tech support?  (Read 519 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Do you get Pissed when everyone thinks your their personal tech support?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 05:58:28 AM »

c'mon! It's a game system with kiddy games and a remote! and people are giving each other death threats over it. It's just a game system it's not Soylent Green.

Why do you ppl think that a FAMILY system means kiddy? Im 35 you know.

Anyway, Nintendo Wii is people.

The wii is actually very popular among older people.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 06:48:12 AM »
That's a very good point. 

I don't mind helping people with things that I know, though.

I think I may be the same in some ways. I don't mind helping someone I care about with things that I know.

I get more annoyed when I don't know something and the ones who do won't freely share their knowledge.

That happens at work sometimes and there is NO excuse for lording knowledge over people.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 10:03:57 AM »
It can get frustrating for me because I'm not that good with computers, but I guess I seem to be- but only to people with very minimal computer skills, relatively speaking.  This results in people asking me questions that I have no idea how to answer because I'm not sure how to explain things, and I'm not sure how much needs to be explained.  (Like, it's kinda rough to help someone who needs to be shown how to follow a hyperlink to a FAQ.)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 10:13:32 AM »
I am used to it, as most of my family asks me computer questions.   The majority of them are computer illiterate, other than my grandfather (85 year old man who can program in machine code lol).  My friends are mostly more than just tech savvy, as I know some of them from classes I took towards my current IT degree and certifications.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 03:23:12 PM »

c'mon! It's a game system with kiddy games and a remote! and people are giving each other death threats over it. It's just a game system it's not Soylent Green.

Why do you ppl think that a FAMILY system means kiddy? Im 35 you know.

Anyway, Nintendo Wii is people.

The wii is actually very popular among older people.

Yes it is. We have sold hundreds of the fucking things and we could have doubled that if Nintendo had supplied us with our requested numbers.

They fucking ration them DELIBERATELY, to build a market frenzy!!

I think of it as mainly an old persons' game console, too. We have everything for it, but I see the parents spending more time at the demos than the kids. The kids want them because the "other kids" all have them. Again, purchased by the parents. "Get off your ass and do something! ... OK, you can have a WII"

:D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:25:08 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.