Educational

Author Topic: Fuckn intensity members  (Read 5728 times)

Soph

Re: Fuckn intensity members
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »
Because you didnt enjoy going out in the first place. If you are enjoying yourself, the last thing you pay attention to is your alcohol intake.
Yes, I don't like going out and drinking etc, that's just me - I enjoy other things, and I doubt that will change much

Yeah, but that does mean you have little or no reason not to get pissed. (not that being a member of some bullshit religion is an excuse)
I have little or no reason not to, other than that I don't want to. That's reason enough
SOME people don't drink becuase of their religion or their upbringing and think it's "wrong" or whatever
Its really sad that they define themselves on whatever circumstances they were born into.
I agree
Iw as just saying that although some people do it for shit reasons like that, others just don't want to get drunk anyway

What is sad is that they dont trust their friends at all. Most people who refuse to drink do it because of one form of cowardice or another.
A lot of people do it just because they're not internested in getting drunk

No, what makes sense is you try new things. If you dont try new things, you become a recluse

I'm willing to try new things
If it's something I have no interest in whatsoever, and am pretty sure I won't like it, I won't bother though

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2008, 03:17:02 PM »
Because you didnt enjoy going out in the first place. If you are enjoying yourself, the last thing you pay attention to is your alcohol intake.
Yes, I don't like going out and drinking etc, that's just me - I enjoy other things, and I doubt that will change much
If you enjoyed these other things so much, you would not be depressed I suspect.
Yeah, but that does mean you have little or no reason not to get pissed. (not that being a member of some bullshit religion is an excuse)
I have little or no reason not to, other than that I don't want to. That's reason enough
You havent actually suggested any reason why not so far...
SOME people don't drink becuase of their religion or their upbringing and think it's "wrong" or whatever
Its really sad that they define themselves on whatever circumstances they were born into.
I agree
Iw as just saying that although some people do it for shit reasons like that, others just don't want to get drunk anyway
Out of the all the students in my college, I do not know one person like that (despite being well known enough to be running for exec)
What is sad is that they dont trust their friends at all. Most people who refuse to drink do it because of one form of cowardice or another.
A lot of people do it just because they're not internested in getting drunk

No, what makes sense is you try new things. If you dont try new things, you become a recluse

I'm willing to try new things
If it's something I have no interest in whatsoever, and am pretty sure I won't like it, I won't bother though
Alcohol used to be like that for me, and a whole host of other things. Sometimes you can be wrong.

duncvis

« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2008, 03:20:16 PM »
GAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!! why are people fighting over alcohol??

there's plenty for everyone. :beergrin:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2008, 03:22:30 PM »

:laugh:

Exactly, I dont want any fine booze to go to waste.

Soph

« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2008, 03:24:27 PM »
If you enjoyed these other things so much, you would not be depressed I suspect.
You know nothing about my depression
If it was as simple as finding something I liked and going out more, I wouldn't even be depressed
That is the least of my problems

I don't WANT to. It's not that I actively dislike it; it's that I lack a reason to want to. I don't need to explain that. Just like I don't regularly play chess. I don't hate chess - i'm just disinterested in it

Out of the all the students in my college, I do not know one person like that (despite being well known enough to be running for exec)
I'm not interested in being like all the other students in your college
And I still don't understand why you seem to think getting drunk is so important to your degree

Alcohol used to be like that for me, and a whole host of other things. Sometimes you can be wrong.
I know i can be wrong. But I've been out to pubs, parties, clubs even. And I didn't like it. I see no reason why I should bother trying that, I have a load of other things I'm actually interested in trying.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2008, 03:31:07 PM »

I don't see a fight. I see typical Hadron behavior.

:hadron:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »
If it was as simple as finding something I liked and going out more, I wouldn't even be depressed
Really? So why havent you tried it?
I don't WANT to. It's not that I actively dislike it; it's that I lack a reason to want to. I don't need to explain that. Just like I don't regularly play chess. I don't hate chess - i'm just disinterested in it
No, but you must have at least tried chess and given it a good go. Its sad if you havent. You cannot judge everything from observation you know.
I'm not interested in being like all the other students in your college
And I still don't understand why you seem to think getting drunk is so important to your degree
I also came to uni to have a good time, which is a big part of the point of it. Ever heard of personal development?

I know i can be wrong. But I've been out to pubs, parties, clubs even. And I didn't like it. I see no reason why I should bother trying that, I have a load of other things I'm actually interested in trying.
You went with a negative attitude, I suspect. If you are intrested in trying stuff, why havent you? I suspect you easily have the time on your hands.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »

Like the last thread of yours that I turned out to be right on (after you had jumped though all the hoops and gotten paranoid about it)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »

Like the last thread of yours that I turned out to be right on (after you had jumped though all the hoops and gotten paranoid about it)

You turned out to be right?

Refresh my memory, please.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2008, 03:37:55 PM »

Look in the problems forum, where you eventually got told pretty much what I told you by the proffessor... ::)

Soph

« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »
We're going round in circles here
I just don't WANT to
It's not going to help me with my depression, and I doubt I'd enjoy it, therefore why would I bother when I have so many other things to worry about?

No, but you must have at least tried chess and given it a good go. Its sad if you havent. You cannot judge everything from observation you know.
I haven't tried chess
Just like I haven't tried sky-diving or stamp-collecting or baseball
I don't have any interest in it
I'm not saying chess is shit. I don't know. I'm NOT judging it, becuase I havne't don it
But at the same time, I don't feel any need to try chess either

I also came to uni to have a good time, which is a big part of the point of it. Ever heard of personal development?
Yes I've heard of personal development. I'm not stupid
I came to uni because I enjoy my course and wanted a degree. Not to go out drinking. I could do that anyway

You went with a negative attitude, I suspect. If you are intrested in trying stuff, why havent you? I suspect you easily have the time on your hands.
I've already told you before, I didn't go with a negative attitude. This was before I knew I had AS and was TRYING to enjoy these things, because everyone else was. If anything I went there were a more positive attitude
I'm interested in trying things I think I might like. Why try something I'm pretty sure I will dislike?
And it's not about having the time. I have plenty of time, but I haven't been doing things I even enjoy, why would I spend it doing things I don't think I'll enjoy?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »
We're going round in circles here
I just don't WANT to
It's not going to help me with my depression, and I doubt I'd enjoy it, therefore why would I bother when I have so many other things to worry about?
Being less of a pessimist would be a start. Having a distraction would be even better.

I haven't tried chess
Just like I haven't tried sky-diving or stamp-collecting or baseball
I don't have any interest in it
I'm not saying chess is shit. I don't know. I'm NOT judging it, becuase I havne't don it
But at the same time, I don't feel any need to try chess either
Thats just sad tbh, especially given the free time you have.
Yes I've heard of personal development. I'm not stupid
I came to uni because I enjoy my course and wanted a degree. Not to go out drinking. I could do that anyway

I've already told you before, I didn't go with a negative attitude. This was before I knew I had AS and was TRYING to enjoy these things, because everyone else was. If anything I went there were a more positive attitude
I'm interested in trying things I think I might like. Why try something I'm pretty sure I will dislike?
And it's not about having the time. I have plenty of time, but I haven't been doing things I even enjoy, why would I spend it doing things I don't think I'll enjoy?
Because you are being a fool...

How you get through life is largely dependent on your attitude. Something you need to look at, I suspect.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2008, 03:42:18 PM »
This thread makes me want a drink.  :angel:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2008, 03:48:35 PM »

Look in the problems forum, where you eventually got told pretty much what I told you by the proffessor... ::)

You could not possibly know what I heard from the professor or how the meeting went yesterday. I have not posted anything but a brief note.

I just looked back at your posts and you approached the issues no closer than a tangent.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »

You could not possibly know what I heard from the professor or how the meeting went yesterday. I have not posted anything but a brief note.

I just looked back at your posts and you approached the issues no closer than a tangent.
Same with you, as I said you were being paranoid about it. I could have just written "do it" if I was less bored.