Author Topic: Fuckn intensity members  (Read 5720 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Fuckn intensity members
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »
Being less of a pessimist would be a start. Having a distraction would be even better.
A distraction is not going to help me with what I'm going through right now
Thanks for the advice though  ::) But I think I know myself better than you do
And so far, distractions have just made me worse
Have you tried it? I suspect not.
Thats just sad tbh, especially given the free time you have.
I'm sad because I've never played chess?
I have a lot of free time now, yes
But there are plenty of other things I'd enjoy a LOT more than chess and going out drinking
I'm more likely to do those
But havent. Why?
Because you are being a fool...

How you get through life is largely dependent on your attitude. Something you need to look at, I suspect.
I'm being a fool? If anyone's being a fool, you are
My problems are nothing to do with my attitude
[/quote]
Really? So why is your life not quite where you want it to be? Care to explain?

Soph

« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2008, 04:38:32 PM »
Tried what?
Going out and getting drunk? No. And I've already explained this about 50 times

But havent. Why?
I'm not doing much at all right now
Half the time I can't even get out of bed
I'm not really in the mood for going out all the time

I've had a fucking shit year
And I have mental health problems I haven't been able to get out of yet

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »
Fucking hell, will you fuckers lay off??

If someone wont take your advice, maybe its shit advice, or maybe you dont know how to deliver said advice.

No need to get your panties in a twist cos someone wont take your expert advice. Shit, if their life is hard enough, no matter what is causing it or has caused it, telling them that their life would have been better had they listened to you isnt going to help things.

Why do people get it in their head that if you tell them a string of negative things about themselves, that they are magically going to turn around and start following your sage advice?

Oh and Hadron, once again you have proven the asshat that you are. In one breath you say ppl shouldnt follow the station in life that they are born into, yet then turn around and say that there is no escaping the social norm of drinking, partying and chess? Even to the point of saying its sad or stupid or it isnt possible.

Hang on, there is something on your face, yeh, just near your lips, no no, the other side, yep, you got it. It was just a piece of shit that got on there while you were delivering your verbal diarrhoea.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2008, 05:30:15 PM »

Don't lump me with hadron here.
You don't know shit.

I might be wrong. But, I did what I
felt bound to, out of the demands of
friendship.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2008, 05:36:09 PM »

If someone wont take your advice, maybe its shit advice, or maybe you dont know how to deliver said advice.

No need to get your panties in a twist cos someone wont take your expert advice. Shit, if their life is hard enough, no matter what is causing it or has caused it, telling them that their life would have been better had they listened to you isnt going to help things.

Why do people get it in their head that if you tell them a string of negative things about themselves, that they are magically going to turn around and start following your sage advice?

Oh and Hadron, once again you have proven the asshat that you are. In one breath you say ppl shouldnt follow the station in life that they are born into, yet then turn around and say that there is no escaping the social norm of drinking, partying and chess? Even to the point of saying its sad or stupid or it isnt possible.

Hang on, there is something on your face, yeh, just near your lips, no no, the other side, yep, you got it. It was just a piece of shit that got on there while you were delivering your verbal diarrhoea.

:agreed: :plus:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2008, 05:37:11 PM »
Tried what?
Going out and getting drunk? No. And I've already explained this about 50 times
Explained yes. But for the wrong reasons. Your real reason is so you can excuse your own mistakes and continue to make them.
But havent. Why?
I'm not doing much at all right now
Half the time I can't even get out of bed
I'm not really in the mood for going out all the time
Then drag yourself out of bed. Find something to do. Being in bed isnt going to help you to be completely honest.
I've had a fucking shit year
I have had plenty of shit too. Paddle through it.
And I have mental health problems I haven't been able to get out of yet
Doesnt nearly everyone have mental health problems of some sort? What matters is not what problems you have, but how you deal with them.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2008, 05:41:42 PM »
At least we can fuck...
Or just maybe they are in denial. Its normally the case.
Yeah, lets get people to continually repeat their mistakes as opposed learn from them. Is that the best wisdom you have to offer?
Erm, because if you dont point out their mistakes, how can they learn from them? Lets all take schrooms and be delusional instead... ::)
No, my point is that there is no point in not trying those things. Obviously if you properly try drinking, you will get drunk.
How about you suck on this :finger and get back to whatever great things you do in your life... ::)

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2008, 05:42:20 PM »
can is not do

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
All Im saying is if the person isnt taking your advice, dont be quick to blame the person, maybe you arent great at giving that person advice.

You already admit things like they could be in denial, and I think in most cases that's a given. Its also part of their problem. Its not like you can turn around as say "yes, I have denial". Most ppl deny they have denial.

Its almost like you have a built in excuse for when your advice doesnt work. "Oh you're not taking my advice cos you are in denial".

If denial is getting in the way of a person doing something about their problems, then work on the denial first. If thats not working, you are probably not qualified to be giving said advice to that person. Better to be there as a friend.

I think sometimes people are mean to their friends when they wont take their advice as a sort of punishment because their ego has been brused.

Soph

« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2008, 06:21:27 PM »
Explained yes. But for the wrong reasons. Your real reason is so you can excuse your own mistakes and continue to make them.
And who the fuck are you to tell me why I do things?
You don't know anything about me
If I make mistakes, I recognise that, accept it, do what I can to improve the situation, and move on
It's not me who has a problem there

Then drag yourself out of bed. Find something to do. Being in bed isnt going to help you to be completely honest.
I have dragged myself out of bed and been to places I previously enjoyed
It doesn't help me. It's made me worse so far - physically ill in some cases
"dragging myself out of bed" has failed. I'm getting professional help to be able to do that properly now

I have had plenty of shit too. Paddle through it.
Paddle through it?
I've tried "paddling through" it, and that hasn't worked
Some things are too big to be able to just push aside and ignore

Doesnt nearly everyone have mental health problems of some sort? What matters is not what problems you have, but how you deal with them.

And I am trying to deal with it
These aren't things that can be fixed by me clicking my fingers and suddenly making everything ok

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2008, 06:25:45 PM »
All Im saying is if the person isnt taking your advice, dont be quick to blame the person, maybe you arent great at giving that person advice.

You already admit things like they could be in denial, and I think in most cases that's a given. Its also part of their problem. Its not like you can turn around as say "yes, I have denial". Most ppl deny they have denial.

Its almost like you have a built in excuse for when your advice doesnt work. "Oh you're not taking my advice cos you are in denial".

If denial is getting in the way of a person doing something about their problems, then work on the denial first. If thats not working, you are probably not qualified to be giving said advice to that person. Better to be there as a friend.

I think sometimes people are mean to their friends when they wont take their advice as a sort of punishment because their ego has been brused.

Yeah. I just feel I have to try, now
and then. And that this was the best
time, given certain circumstances. Call
it a (near) last chance for something.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2008, 06:28:27 PM »

:agreed:

Yes, I think that's part of what's happening here.

If someone asks for advice and someone else offers it, that does not obligate the recipient to take the advice offered.

The recipient knows more about herself and her own life than the advice offerer does, and she may accept or reject the advice based on this knowledge.

That is not a signal for the advice offerer to argue about this and say nasty things about the recipient.

I think that sometimes people forget that the point of offering advice is to be helpful to the other person, and going on and on about it is not helpful.

Soph

« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2008, 06:32:23 PM »
If I ask people for advice, I always listen to what they suggest, and take that into consideration
If I know it's not right though or it's not going to work, I'm not going to do it just because I "should" always "try" everything

I'm sick of people telling me I never do anything to fix my problems though, when that's completely the opposite of what I'm doing

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2008, 06:36:13 PM »

It's really not. I was trying to shake her a bit.
Should know that's not effective, in her case,
but one gets frustrated, seeing someone else
making the same mistakes that one is prone
to.

Soph

« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2008, 06:36:46 PM »

It's really not. I was trying to shake her a bit.
Should know that's not effective, in her case,
but one gets frustrated, seeing someone else
making the same mistakes that one is prone
to.
Do you mean me?