Educational

Author Topic: Wrong Planet.  (Read 16215 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Wrong Planet.
« Reply #540 on: August 04, 2008, 04:35:41 PM »

It is your prejucide rather than commonsense that made you act and think this way.

wtf is prejucide?  murder of prejus?  in which case, wtf is a preju?

It's a fancy way of saying "before ju".

ohhhhhhhh, i see.

so wtf's "ju"?

Don't know, really, but before ju should be it.

:LMAO:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #541 on: August 05, 2008, 01:53:21 AM »
He would have been better off writing "prejudicial". Against rights or interests? Not sure.

Anyway, my IQ is below average. :P Beat that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #542 on: August 05, 2008, 02:27:42 AM »

It is your prejucide rather than commonsense that made you act and think this way.

It's a fancy way of saying "before ju".

ohhhhhhhh, i see.

so wtf's "ju"?

Don't know, really, but before ju should be it.

:LMAO:

right.  so he wants to kill everything before ju?  i think we should be told.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #543 on: August 05, 2008, 02:28:04 AM »
He would have been better off writing "prejudicial". Against rights or interests? Not sure.

Anyway, my IQ is below average. :P Beat that.

yay!  renaeden wins!

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #544 on: August 05, 2008, 02:49:23 AM »
Der... what's an IQ?

Snap! I win.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #545 on: August 05, 2008, 03:17:14 AM »
I am a trolling, cowardly, whining bully-boy...that HAS to score some points!   :asthing: :asthing: :asthing:

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #546 on: August 05, 2008, 03:22:59 AM »
A test done in two steps when I was 21 said 155+ after the first, and 163 after the second. I think it was a WAIS test because it was somewhat similar to the one I took when dx'd, but this was before there was a WAIS-III, and the uni then employed several tests. This was the one that qualified me for Mensa, according to the uni people supervising the test.

Then how do you explain your prejudice and your childish behavior (replacing my avatar wiith some silly pic TWICE is quite childish)?

wtf is prejucide?  murder of prejus?  in which case, wtf is a preju?

So you never make typos?

In Belgium, the criteria are different. You just need to pass (50% or 60%), but they change the difficulty of the tests depending on the number of people required. For example, some time ago they changed the requirements at the Civil Engineering entry exams from 5/5 exams passed to 4/5 entry exams passed because the number of people passing was too small. That should give an idea of the difficulty of those tests ;)
You can also get onto a civil engineering course over here with similar percentages. However 80% is what you would need to get on a top course.

In Belgium, only three universities teach Civil Engineering. Their criteria for admission are equal and their level of education is more or less the same. Unless in Anglo-Saxon countries, all universities in Belgium have very high standards and the difference between the top universities and the poorest universities is quite small.

So why would you want to join Mensa then. Lets face it, its hardly an organisation known for diversity of membership.

I already gave my reasons in several previous posts.

* It can be useful to address others to know which books exactly to read, rather than just picking books at random
* It would be useful to learn about experiences from others face to face and actually have a conversation on such topics, what you cannot do by reading books.
Your assuming these people actually have in depth knowledge on all this. Like most researchers into autism however, I suspect there is much charlantanism to whatever "knowledge" they peddle about.

True. One needs to start somewhere, though.

I doubt IQ is accurate even for the areas it is designed to measure, myself.

What areas is it designed for?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #547 on: August 05, 2008, 03:39:56 AM »
In Belgium, the criteria are different. You just need to pass (50% or 60%), but they change the difficulty of the tests depending on the number of people required. For example, some time ago they changed the requirements at the Civil Engineering entry exams from 5/5 exams passed to 4/5 entry exams passed because the number of people passing was too small. That should give an idea of the difficulty of those tests ;)
You can also get onto a civil engineering course over here with similar percentages. However 80% is what you would need to get on a top course.

In Belgium, only three universities teach Civil Engineering. Their criteria for admission are equal and their level of education is more or less the same. Unless in Anglo-Saxon countries, all universities in Belgium have very high standards and the difference between the top universities and the poorest universities is quite small.

So why would you want to join Mensa then. Lets face it, its hardly an organisation known for diversity of membership.

Hardly good ones, imo.
* It can be useful to address others to know which books exactly to read, rather than just picking books at random
* It would be useful to learn about experiences from others face to face and actually have a conversation on such topics, what you cannot do by reading books.
Your assuming these people actually have in depth knowledge on all this. Like most researchers into autism however, I suspect there is much charlantanism to whatever "knowledge" they peddle about.

You can go backwards rather than forwards however, by starting with these people. As an aspie, you are more likely to get somewhere with introspection as opposed anything else.

Academic intelligence.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #548 on: August 05, 2008, 03:46:03 AM »
Der... what's an IQ?

Snap! I win.
Snap? Huh? 
:dunce:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #549 on: August 05, 2008, 04:47:04 AM »
You said yours was below average, I misered your trick with my comment. Therefore, I win.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #550 on: August 05, 2008, 05:04:27 AM »

So you never make typos?

oh but of course i do.  but never when my head is so far up my own arse that it's imperative i look as though i know what i'm talking about.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #551 on: August 05, 2008, 05:27:43 AM »
:indeed:

When the man's right, he's right.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #552 on: August 05, 2008, 05:33:54 AM »
I presume the topic is now about IQ for some reason?

All I can say is that, it's what you do and say in life and how you express yourself that truly counts and proves your intelligence over time; not just a numbered result on some tests which insufficiently covers all types of potential intellectual behaviors with creativity, common sense and intuitive capacity also assessed. I mean an IQ test only proves certain aspects of a person's intellect in a specific setting, condition and environment required by the test parameters. Basically you're only seeing a general picture of your intellectual capacity on a specific scope with those tests anyway, not truly reliable.

Besides I believe that if you're truly a genius who is exceptional to the norm and is able to speak out, you name will exist in a academic history book someday that recognizes you for the intellectual achievements you made in life. You will be noted as a gifted contributing mind to the academic progress of humanity. You might even have a university named after you, or whatever you discovered, conceived or invented. Otherwise well, you may be intelligent still, but you fail to put that intellect to good use, but then what's it really worth in the ultimate end if you don't try?

By the way, my IQ is only 108, so I'm no genius according to the IQ tests, but eh, I know I'm fallible and have flaws, everyone has in their own ways. But I prefer prove myself over time on what my intellectual capacity is by what I do and say in front of others, and not just rely on a test result.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 05:49:24 AM by Nexus »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #553 on: August 05, 2008, 05:43:36 AM »
Me am the smart! Me am the smart!  :P
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #554 on: August 05, 2008, 05:48:01 AM »
A test done in two steps when I was 21 said 155+ after the first, and 163 after the second. I think it was a WAIS test because it was somewhat similar to the one I took when dx'd, but this was before there was a WAIS-III, and the uni then employed several tests. This was the one that qualified me for Mensa, according to the uni people supervising the test.

Then how do you explain your prejudice and your childish behavior (replacing my avatar wiith some silly pic TWICE is quite childish)?

So you never make typos?

How do now it was him I am the Hogan's Hero's fan I think you make a good Col. Wilhelm Klink
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw