Educational

Author Topic: Wrong Planet.  (Read 16492 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Wrong Planet.
« Reply #495 on: July 29, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »
Quite frankly I don't see the point with joining Mensa. Idiots like Illusion prove that any moron could join, anyway. /shrugs
Not to mention that the place is full of pretentious twats. A lot like some universities really, but even more pretentious.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #496 on: July 29, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »
 :plus:

Fuck it. Pluses to both you and Odeon
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:45:46 PM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

ozymandias

« Reply #497 on: July 29, 2008, 05:48:26 PM »
Quite frankly I don't see the point with joining Mensa. Idiots like Illusion prove that any moron could join, anyway. /shrugs

Thats why people like me are members of DENSA.   :green:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #498 on: July 29, 2008, 05:50:30 PM »
My parents hid my IQ scores from me as a kid for some reason (I had a bad enough know it all attitude as it was lol), but I got into my elementary school gifted program (which is based on IQ testing).   I really don't care to find out what my IQ is, it just doesn't matter to me.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #499 on: July 29, 2008, 07:59:14 PM »

I once quite fancied the idea admittedly. However, I couldn't say what the point would be and haven't bothered to try again.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #500 on: July 29, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
Not to mention that the place is full of pretentious twats. A lot like some universities really, but even more pretentious.

I assumed that would be true, but the people I met at the MENSA meeting weren't pretentious at all.  They were just nice people who happened to have high IQs. 

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #501 on: July 30, 2008, 03:51:10 AM »
Quite frankly I don't see the point with joining Mensa.

* ) It can be a plus for your resume.
* ) It can make it easier to find people interested in intellectual activities like philosophical debate or abstract board games.
* ) It has a special interest group focussed at researching and debating common side-effects of high intelligence like Asperger's.

Those are pretty much the reasons I joined.

Idiots like Illusion prove that any moron could join, anyway. /shrugs

Can't you even write a single post in this thread without insulting me for disagreeing with your liberal rubbish?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #502 on: July 30, 2008, 07:15:08 AM »

I assumed that would be true, but the people I met at the MENSA meeting weren't pretentious at all.  They were just nice people who happened to have high IQs. 
So why would someone join a club which is set up to say that they are the brightest in the nation, if its not to look down on others that they consider less intelligent? (Ignoring of course insecurity of their own intellects)

TheoK

« Reply #503 on: July 30, 2008, 07:27:51 AM »

So why would someone join a club which is set up to say that they are the brightest in the nation, if its not to look down on others that they consider less intelligent? (Ignoring of course insecurity of their own intellects)

I've actually never joined Mensa, but I know people who have, and there are rumours that some Mensa members have threatened other members that they'd put ice-sticks in their brains if the other person scored higher on an IQ-test. :green:

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #504 on: July 30, 2008, 07:30:53 AM »

I already explained why I joined :

* ) It can make it easier to find people interested in intellectual activities like philosophical debate or abstract board games.
* ) It has a special interest group focussed at researching and debating common side-effects of high intelligence like Asperger's.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #505 on: July 30, 2008, 08:04:43 AM »
Don't worry Phlex, he hazes every up-comming troll.

Just piss everywhere and you'll stake out some territory. Just don't piss on me or you'll be truly sorry. :evillaugh:
Go ahead and piss on Vodzy, he is a closet lover of golden showers.

I'd have to buy him dinner a few times before I did that I think.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #506 on: July 30, 2008, 08:10:18 AM »

Just piss everywhere and you'll stake out some territory. Just don't piss on me or you'll be truly sorry. :evillaugh:

Nah just feed him drugs
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #507 on: July 30, 2008, 09:12:38 AM »

Nah just feed him drugs

Hey, who do you think I am? I have some class you know.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #508 on: July 30, 2008, 09:37:03 AM »
Rrohypnol in his Champagne ? :eyebrows:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #509 on: July 30, 2008, 09:56:04 AM »

I already explained why I joined :

Nah, that is what a first class degree is for.
There are better ways of doing the above as opposed joining Mensa, e.g academia, political parties, think tanks and other such clubs.
Most universities research it anyway, with access to laboratories, the whole academic community and so on.