Educational

Author Topic: Wrong Planet.  (Read 17480 times)

GalileoAce

Re: Wrong Planet.
« Reply #375 on: July 23, 2008, 07:39:52 AM »
Here's a few tidbits of "wisdom"

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Power corrupts.

History is written by the victors.

Of course that's all just rhetoric :P

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #376 on: July 23, 2008, 07:56:25 AM »
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

... but to learn from history, you need to get your facts straight.

Power corrupts.

... usually.

History is written by the victors.

It definitely is. I often wonder what our history books would look like if Hitler had won the war. The Western-Europeans among us would probably all be forced to learn about the Dresden Holocaust, negative Jewish influence from Moses to Freud and the corruption of "democracy"..... and most of you would probably take this for granted as easily as you take the current status quo for granted ;)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #377 on: July 23, 2008, 08:26:03 AM »
The thread will continue after this message from our sponsor:

When the Ginseng gets to be too much, when the Nazis refuse to stop breathing, and when IQs drop sharply...
The IGNORE Mod
You know you want it. You know you need it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #378 on: July 23, 2008, 08:33:06 AM »
When the Ginseng gets to be too much, when the Nazis refuse to stop breathing, and when IQs drop sharply...
The IGNORE Mod

It's funny you speak of IQ. Did I mention I'm a member of Mensa?!? ;)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #379 on: July 23, 2008, 09:28:03 AM »
The IGNORE Mod

It's funny you speak of IQ. Did I mention I'm a member of Mensa?!? ;)

/unignores

Ah. This is where we compare IQs, then? Mine is higher than yours. A *lot* higher, actually.

/ignores again
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #380 on: July 23, 2008, 09:32:47 AM »
/unignores

Ah. This is where we compare IQs, then? Mine is higher than yours. A *lot* higher, actually.

/ignores again

My IQ is tested at 137 (WAIS-III scale -> sd15). Are you seriously suggesting that a prejudiced liberal jerk like yourself has an IQ a lot higher?

You silly boy...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:12:51 AM by IlluSionS667 »

TheoK

« Reply #381 on: July 23, 2008, 11:15:05 AM »
/unignores

/ignores again

My IQ is tested at 137 (WAIS-III scale -> sd15). Are you seriously suggesting that a prejudiced liberal jerk like yourself has an IQ a lot higher?

You silly boy...

My IQ is about the same as yours. It is possible, however, to be a liberal or a communist and have a high IQ. I knew one communist with an IQ of 180. On the other hand, he wasn't aware that there are bacterias in feces...It's not their IQs but their morals that are wrong.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #382 on: July 23, 2008, 11:20:57 AM »
My IQ is about the same as yours.

How old are you?

It is possible, however, to be a liberal or a communist and have a high IQ.

Sure it is possible. People with a high IQ tend to be more openminded and rational, though. This area is where Odeon hopelessly fails.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #383 on: July 23, 2008, 11:31:42 AM »
The thing is, the shit you are peddling isnt the truth, no matter how much so called evidence you think you have.

Obviously, I strongly disagree here.

Obviously, you are still wrong, get used to it buddy.

Here's what we can learn from WW2. When a country has to pay war reperation that that puts their econonmy in the toilet, idiots like Hitler get elected and can pretty much do what they want for a very long time before they are stopped. I feel the same thing has happened with our last government here in australia and the same thing in the US. We think we need someone tough who will do the things that we are too weak to do ourselves to save our country from going down the shitter.

First of all, Hitler wasn't an idiot. He managed to transform Germany from a nation in chaos and utter despair into one of the most prosperous and strongest nations of the world in a matter of years. Even many of his enemies agree that he was a genius.

Second, there's quite a lot more that we can learn from WW2.

If I don't like someone or agree with them, I call them an idiot. Doesn't mean that they are the sort of person who plays with their own feces.

And you have no right to judge something that you werent a part of. Were you in a death camp or a labour camp? Were you living in a occupied country? It isnt enough that you grandparent did. Hell my grandparent did too.

Why should I as an amateur historian have less right to judge than professional historians or those who actually lived back then? I've read and heard testimonies from all sides. I've seen numerous pictures, numerous documents, numerous videos, etc. I've met people who were sent for forced labor to Germany and I've met people who had to run from the German bombs, but I've also met SS-veterans. etc. I've done all I could to see the issue from as many perspectives as possible and make up my mind only afterwards.

I don't believe you.

You are just an anti government anti society nut job with an agenda to push. You hate the Jews and you want them to pay. You want the whole world to hate them and you want to make them out to be liars. You secrety wish you could finish the job Hitler started dont you?

That's just offensive prejudiced rubbish and you know it.

Do I? Do you? I mean apparently you see it in me, but when you do it, it isn't.

Isnt there a saying for activities like that? Its like you are only fucking this current woman until something better comes along. Think about it, when you followed all those previous beliefs, you were convinced that they were the right thing at the time and now you know better. Are you gonna feel the same way about your current obsession? If you were right all those other times only to be preven wrong to yourself, who's to say you wont end up feeling the same way about now?

The more I evolved down the path I described, the less cognitive dissonance there was and the more the pieces of the puzzle fitted. As such, I grew more and more convinced. Nevertheless, I ALWAYS keep open the possibility that someone at one time might provide me with new information that debunks the views I hold at that moment in time. As I haven't encountered any new information during the last few years to debunk my current views, I'm pretty sure my current views are quite stable. They're likely to only change in depth or nuance.

Perhaps you are in a rut, or perhaps you have settled because you want to believe it.

I understand that it might sound a bit strange to move from one frame of thought to another in just a few years, but that's the consequence of being unprejudiced and openminded. I find it quite ironic that people like you accused my of bigotry, while bigotry is something entirely alien to me.

Just because you don't have the ability to recognise it in yourself, doesn't mean you aren't doing it.

Please also note that the shifts of worldview weren't as extreme as they may seem. For example, national-anarchism was the ideology that introduced me into the world of traditionalism and nationalism. Coming from anarchism and anarcho-capitalism, the step is quite small.

Here's me not caring. Got a good look? Okay lets keep moving...

And just because we arent following your nut job obsession doesnt mean we arent flexable and it doesnt mean we are prejudice.

You make (false) assumptions about historical facts and about people's motivations without any thorough investigation. That's prejudiced.

That's your opinion, not mine, and I happen to disagree with you.

You really do think you are better than everyone else.

As someone who largely applies to the Mr. Spock stereotype of AS, I'm definitely far more rational than the vast majority of mankind and I'm deeply troubled by the overemotional and irrational behavior of many.

Well that's the final nail in your coffin there. Someone who has a disability who thinks that they are better than the majority of people out there. Grandiose Delusions anyone? Superiority complex? Or just plan fuckhead who thinks he's better than everyone else but isn't really, which we all already knew.

People will only believe what they want to.  Arguing with people who not except any facts you give because only his sources are right is futile that is what this has become.

Indeed. Folks just keep on ignoring the facts and sources I present them, because they are too prejudiced to even look into them. I see you know the feeling ;)

Maybe we just think your ideas and so called facts are just so utterly stupid to even give the time of day.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for your sources on torture in the Third Reich. I'd love to look into them.

TheoK

« Reply #384 on: July 23, 2008, 11:32:25 AM »

How old are you?

In my late 30s.

Sure it is possible. People with a high IQ tend to be more openminded and rational, though. This area is where Odeon hopelessly fails.

:agreed:

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #385 on: July 23, 2008, 11:33:22 AM »
/unignores

/ignores again

You silly boy...

Mine is around the same as yours too. But as we all know, IQ tests just measure how well you can do IQ tests.

thepeaguy

« Reply #386 on: July 23, 2008, 11:41:16 AM »
/unignores

/ignores again

You silly boy...

Mine is around the same as yours too. But as we all know, IQ tests just measure how well you can do IQ tests.

That's what people with low IQ's say.

TheoK

« Reply #387 on: July 23, 2008, 11:45:15 AM »
/unignores

/ignores again

You silly boy...

:agreed:

And commies and liberals, of course. 8)

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #388 on: July 23, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »
Obviously, you are still wrong, get used to it buddy.

I'm still waiting for ANYONE to debunk the arguments I presented in earlier posts. Thusfar, none has even attempted to do so.

If I don't like someone or agree with them, I call them an idiot.

So anyone not applying to your own very personal standard of truth or morallity is an idiot?!?

Why should I as an amateur historian have less right to judge than professional historians or those who actually lived back then? I've read and heard testimonies from all sides. I've seen numerous pictures, numerous documents, numerous videos, etc. I've met people who were sent for forced labor to Germany and I've met people who had to run from the German bombs, but I've also met SS-veterans. etc. I've done all I could to see the issue from as many perspectives as possible and make up my mind only afterwards.

I don't believe you.

You not believing me doesn't make these statements any less true. Besides.... why would I lie about all this?

That's just offensive prejudiced rubbish and you know it.

Do I? Do you? I mean apparently you see it in me, but when you do it, it isn't.

For someone claiming to have an IQ over 130, you sure succeed in missing the obvious.

I understand that it might sound a bit strange to move from one frame of thought to another in just a few years, but that's the consequence of being unprejudiced and openminded. I find it quite ironic that people like you accused my of bigotry, while bigotry is something entirely alien to me.

Just because you don't have the ability to recognise it in yourself, doesn't mean you aren't doing it.

Actually, it's one of my friends who first pointed out to me that he had never encountered a single person in his life as unprejudiced as I.

You make (false) assumptions about historical facts and about people's motivations without any thorough investigation. That's prejudiced.

That's your opinion, not mine, and I happen to disagree with you.

Thusfar you haven't been willing or able to produce a single arguments against the views I expressed.

Well that's the final nail in your coffin there. Someone who has a disability who thinks that they are better than the majority of people out there.

AS is not a disability. It's just a way of processing data that deviates from the norm. People with AS can outperform NTs on various levels,, because they're less prewired... although it all depends on what they've learned during their lives.

Maybe we just think your ideas and so called facts are just so utterly stupid to even give the time of day.

That's what makes you prejudiced.

IQ tests are insufficient as ways to measure overall intelligence, but they're definitely strong indicators of a person's cognitive abilities.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #389 on: July 23, 2008, 12:00:57 PM »
/unignores

/ignores again

You silly boy...

Not really.