Author Topic: Malls  (Read 284 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Malls
« on: January 20, 2008, 11:04:12 AM »
This morning I went to a place I rarely go because my wife wanted to go for a walk and it was cold.  It was Sunday and early so she suggested the Mall because most of the stores would still be closed so there would be few people.  I had not been in a long time because of crowds I avoid it at all costs.  Well I was amazed the place is huge.  I can't get over the fact of how big it is and my first thoughts where how do all these stores make enough money to support this.  Most of the stores sell clothing and accessories some just sell sunglasses.  My God how much are the utility  bills alone it must have been 80 degrees in there and I can't even make a guess at how many lights there are. How do they make money and who buys all this crap?  I really can't get over it.  I enjoyed looking at the structural aspects of it all but even then the cost of it all amazes me.
This is the mall check out how many stores there are http://westfield.com/connecticutpost/ourstores/index.html

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Soph

Re: Malls
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:39:13 AM »
I don't go to the one near me anymore - http://www.traffordcentre.co.uk/
They have HMV there, that's about the only shop I went in, and a couple games shops.
Most of it is shitty clothes shops though and the kind of borin ones my mum goes in like Marks and Spencers and Debenhams :puke:

They have a bit that doesn't have shops in it though, that has loads of cinemas and an arcade and bowling and McDonalds etc. They used to have a kids' ride there called Dreamyland lol, I went on that a few years ago with my friend from school. You have to ride round in this thing shooting these alien things. It was fun but they got rid of it :(

There's a Lazerquest there now though. Or there used to be. I've only been there twice though, they've probably got rid of that now as well

Anyway, I hate clothes shops and shite like that. What a load of bollocks
I want to go toi the cinema again though, I want some sweets

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »
This morning I went to a place I rarely go because my wife wanted to go for a walk and it was cold.  It was Sunday and early so she suggested the Mall because most of the stores would still be closed so there would be few people.  I had not been in a long time because of crowds I avoid it at all costs.  Well I was amazed the place is huge.  I can't get over the fact of how big it is and my first thoughts where how do all these stores make enough money to support this.  Most of the stores sell clothing and accessories some just sell sunglasses.  My God how much are the utility  bills alone it must have been 80 degrees in there and I can't even make a guess at how many lights there are. How do they make money and who buys all this crap?  I really can't get over it.  I enjoyed looking at the structural aspects of it all but even then the cost of it all amazes me.
This is the mall check out how many stores there are http://westfield.com/connecticutpost/ourstores/index.html

...my first reaction was to see if it was too far for a road trip (it is.)   :laugh:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 02:20:11 PM »
I really don't understand how they make money obviously they do but damn that's a lot of overhead and they all sell the same stuff

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 02:23:12 PM »
I used to enjoy malls.
Well, always hunting down
a game store in them (or KB)
But, none have anything I need,
any more.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »
Wow, that is a huge mall, Parts.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »
It's what the town is famous for around here ::) 

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 02:40:42 PM »
I've been there. Ugh.