Educational

Author Topic: Best scene ever from Girl interupted  (Read 832 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
Re: Best scene ever from Girl interupted
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 11:22:36 PM »

Well some of the girls on the forum seem like sociopaths more than aspies. the majority aspies don't have much social skills and possibly  can't feel emotion. As do sociopaths (Like Lisa) can be very social (You can't win an argument over Lisa!) I have been in psych ward when I was 13 there were girls (Sociopaths)  there that had amazing social skills but no empathy.

ok......more verbal diarrhea.

I'm not pointing fingers at people on the forum saying "YOUR NOT ASPIE!!!!" cause no one will really know who is and who isn't. It's the internet anyone can claim their aspie anyone can claim there Howard Stern if they
wanted to.
My point is that Aspergers is very misdiagnosed it took me eight years to get diagnosed.  It's like ADHD one of the most misdiagnosed mental disabilities. I have known aspies in real life (Special Ed classes) that were total assholes and wrecked everything for me and they would spit out insults constantly about me and I would cry and they just didn't care. Than there was Parker he often did care about peoples feelings  (he was diagnosed AS) we had compassion and empathy for each other and everyone around us. While the other aspies who were diagnosed by a few doctor visits (and psych ward emergencies) seemed more like they had Mental Illness than Aspergers.
I do belive most of us on the forums are aspie. I have something called an "AUT-DAR" programed in my head
kind of how guys have "GAY-DARS" I can suspect who is aspie. You can't really tell unless if you spent lots of time with them or witnessed a lot of their behavior on the forums.
Looking at people like Richard and Spokane my AUT-DAR goes "beeeeeeep beeeeep asspie alert aspie alert"
while people like Sophomore it makes me go "hmmm...mabey..she defintently has something similar to aspergers but she doesn't scream ASPIE in my face.  but still...I will never know. Not trying to insult people by saying they don't have AS. I'm just saying they might have been misdiagnosed and might have another kind of mental illness/disability.
Also a lot of these aspies here are adluts waaaay older than me (I'm only 19) so they could possibly have more scoial skills than me.
OH HELL IT'S THE FUCKING INTERNET. A FORUM'S A FORUM.
Park.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 11:31:51 PM »

Well some of the girls on the forum seem like sociopaths more than aspies. the majority aspies don't have much social skills and possibly  can't feel emotion. As do sociopaths (Like Lisa) can be very social (You can't win an argument over Lisa!) I have been in psych ward when I was 13 there were girls (Sociopaths)  there that had amazing social skills but no empathy.

I'm not pointing fingers at people on the forum saying "YOUR NOT ASPIE!!!!" cause no one will really know who is and who isn't. It's the internet anyone can claim their aspie anyone can claim there Howard Stern if they
wanted to.
My point is that Aspergers is very misdiagnosed it took me eight years to get diagnosed.  It's like ADHD one of the most misdiagnosed mental disabilities. I have known aspies in real life (Special Ed classes) that were total assholes and wrecked everything for me and they would spit out insults constantly about me and I would cry and they just didn't care. Than there was Parker he often did care about peoples feelings  (he was diagnosed AS) we had compassion and empathy for each other and everyone around us. While the other aspies who were diagnosed by a few doctor visits (and psych ward emergencies) seemed more like they had Mental Illness than Aspergers.
I do belive most of us on the forums are aspie. I have something called an "AUT-DAR" programed in my head
kind of how guys have "GAY-DARS" I can suspect who is aspie. You can't really tell unless if you spent lots of time with them or witnessed a lot of their behavior on the forums.
Looking at people like Richard and Spokane my AUT-DAR goes "beeeeeeep beeeeep asspie alert aspie alert"
while people like Sophomore it makes me go "hmmm...mabey..she defintently has something similar to aspergers but she doesn't scream ASPIE in my face.  but still...I will never know. Not trying to insult people by saying they don't have AS. I'm just saying they might have been misdiagnosed and might have another kind of mental illness/disability.
Also a lot of these aspies here are adluts waaaay older than me (I'm only 19) so they could possibly have more scoial skills than me.
OH HELL IT'S THE FUCKING INTERNET. A FORUM'S A FORUM.

Is this supposed to be funny?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »

Pretty much sums it up.

Look, there are obviously differences between
people. Soph strikes me as having MORE social
anxiety than SG or Richard. On the other hand,
they both strike me as being less learned than she.

The point is that there's ENOUGH difference that
your senses are picking up those with certain traits,
but missing out on more important ones. As an example,
I NEVER have seen you engaging in wordplay, which I'd
almost consider de rigour. But, THAT'S me - it's got NOTHING
to do with the actual definition.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 11:32:42 PM »
Maybe, FBRingo, you were misdiagnosed yourself?

I'm not an aspie btw.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 11:35:20 PM »
 :hahaha:

Nor am I.

I am quite mature in some ways though and I sport really good social skills, until I run up against my limits.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »
 ???

I don't know WHAT I am.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 11:45:50 PM »

???

I don't know WHAT I am.

:D

I/we (my two kids and I) have a half bag full of diagnoses, these days. We are going to be back in for more evaluation in middle March. We go once a year until the kids reach puberty, due to a thing we signed up for. I only barely mentioned it last year, because there were so many other things going on that were more fun to talk about. I think all I said was something like - "OH, I just discovered ..." but that was about all.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 11:47:15 PM »
The social encounter can be made far less stressful when you are in control of the situation, so it always helps the be confident.

Confidence (familiarity?) usually increases with age.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 11:53:09 PM »
The social encounter can be made far less stressful when you are in control of the situation, so it always helps the be confident.

I certainly have age in my corner and experience has turned out to be a very good cutman.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 01:33:59 AM »

My confidence has decreased, in a lot of areas.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 01:36:52 AM »

Would you say you find social situations easier now, or in adolescence?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 01:47:45 AM »

I THINK I was at my best, in general social situations,
in my late 20's, early 30's. But, it's a matter of habit.
I'm better now, in classroom situations, or giving
presentations. But, I've not been around people
socially, very much at all, in five or six years. Skills
fade. With them, any confidence - 'specially when
there's some negative reinforcement.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 02:26:14 AM »

I THINK I was at my best, in general social situations,
in my late 20's, early 30's. But, it's a matter of habit.
I'm better now, in classroom situations, or giving
presentations. But, I've not been around people
socially, very much at all, in five or six years. Skills
fade. With them, any confidence - 'specially when
there's some negative reinforcement.

I agree that you need to keep up practicing those social skillz, this is more and more pertinent with our current rate of social evolution.

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 11:07:41 AM »
I was diagnosed with AS, ADHD & PTSD last year at age 41.  The AS diagnosis was based on a list of my childhood symptoms, observation of my adult communication skills, and an interview with my mom, who's also got AS.  It's very prevalent in her side of the family.

That being said, my problems stem mainly from PTSD acquired in childhood.  I know I also probably meet the criteria for anti-social personality disorder, although it's improving a lot with therapy.  Yeah, some of us actually do need it.   :-\ 

The dreaded Angelina was the only character in this movie with whom I identified.  Not the easiest thing for me to admit, but true.  I didn't have her skills at manipulation, but I showed a lot of similar behavior at that age.  Still do somewhat...when it comes to seeing through people's motives, aggression, over-protecting those I see as friends, etc.  I've ripped into people much harder than even Miss Jolie did, in defense of people I considered friends and whom I thought needed defending.  Posting on these forums has helped me very much.  I'm able to distance myself from confrontations online, because they're not face-to-face and therefore my adrenaline doesn't kick in.  It's taught me how to handle myself better, when to step into a conflict and when to sit back.  The deal with Soph and Alex Plank was a good example of my being able to sit back and be rational.  Because it wasn't an actual face-to-face conflict, I could distance myself from it and not take over.  Since I can't really stay mad when I write or type something out, it gives me time to think through social conflicts online and then transfer that reasoning to situations that happen in real life.  Doesn't always work well, but I'm getting there.

hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »
... but social skills do not emerge in whole form from logic or reasoned consideration.  They are a part of our inner make up and, even though they can be exercised and possibly improved upon, they must come from a place that is more spiritual or emotional - a place that makes little sense to the thinking parts of the brain.

The commonly desirable social, "off-the-top-of-my-head" responses are not logical. They must be "felt."  Of course, it helps quite a bit to know what it is that you are feeling, WHILE you are feeling it - NOT three days later.

:asthing: