Author Topic: Annoyed by post-Xmas crowds?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
Re: Annoyed by post-Xmas crowds?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 09:03:16 PM »
I was lucky. I got Guitar Hero 3 at future shop for the PC. There was 2 left. In all the stores everyone was so mental over guitar hero that it was annoying me. and jelious people saying "You got PC version that one sucks!" It doesn't suck the PC version is great.  PC is a very underrated video game sytem. Anyways I went shopping on fridays. It wasn't bad. In EB games it was a pain more people ranting and raving about guitar hero ands the wii and
EB GAMES WAS FULL OF KIDS begging there parents to buy somthing for them. For fucks sake Christmas is over do they have to be so ungratefull and greedy? Havn't they got all their gifts?
Christmas should be over for the kids.
I hate crowds. I see a lot of peole here do. it's an Aspie thing.
Park.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 09:39:47 PM »
EB GAMES WAS FULL OF KIDS begging there parents to buy somthing for them. For fucks sake Christmas is over do they have to be so ungratefull and greedy? Havn't they got all their gifts?
I am with you there. I can't believe that some kids could be so greedy after Christmas.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 09:55:19 PM »
Wow. Who would imagine EBGAMES
would have kids in it.

GalileoAce

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 10:08:57 PM »
I was lucky. I got Guitar Hero 3 at future shop for the PC. There was 2 left. In all the stores everyone was so mental over guitar hero that it was annoying me. and jelious people saying "You got PC version that one sucks!" It doesn't suck the PC version is great.  PC is a very underrated video game sytem. Anyways I went shopping on fridays. It wasn't bad. In EB games it was a pain more people ranting and raving about guitar hero ands the wii and
I hate crowds. I see a lot of peole here do. it's an Aspie thing.

I didn't know GH3 was on PC...

Offline monastic

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 10:29:33 PM »
Yeah, the kids are greedy and ungrateful but I'm sure it's just a reflection of the way a large part of society is becoming.  It seems like everything is geared towards more and more and bigger is better.  The whole world it seems has an unrelenting need for more - for things that they really don't even need but are told they "can't do without".  Many have enough to suffice but are urged by big business corporations to want more.  I'm sure the children are just mirroring what they hear and see the grown-ups doing.  

I've noticed too, that many Aspies don't get caught up in the whole "I've got to keep up with the neighbors" mentality and therefore do not pay attention to trends, fads and the like.  No wonder so many large corporations support the "Cure Autism Now" groups - the majority of aspies don't follow along with the herd mentality of bubble-headed consumer spending that fill big businesses greedy little pockets and therefore we are not expedient to their purposes.

This Christmas it seemed worse than the years before - it wasn't at all about the giving so much as the getting.  Then everyone wonders why they feel so empty afterwards.....
"To Live a Love, you gotta Give A Love;  To Give A Love, you gotta Be "Part Of"..."   Neil Young - "A Man Needs A Maid"

Soph

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 11:07:16 PM »
i'm gonna go and buy some games soon

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2008, 12:29:19 AM »
I hate how they have Christmas music when it's after Christmas.

GalileoAce

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2008, 01:08:56 AM »
Yeah, the kids are greedy and ungrateful but I'm sure it's just a reflection of the way a large part of society is becoming.  It seems like everything is geared towards more and more and bigger is better.  The whole world it seems has an unrelenting need for more - for things that they really don't even need but are told they "can't do without".  Many have enough to suffice but are urged by big business corporations to want more.  I'm sure the children are just mirroring what they hear and see the grown-ups doing. 

I've noticed too, that many Aspies don't get caught up in the whole "I've got to keep up with the neighbors" mentality and therefore do not pay attention to trends, fads and the like.  No wonder so many large corporations support the "Cure Autism Now" groups - the majority of aspies don't follow along with the herd mentality of bubble-headed consumer spending that fill big businesses greedy little pockets and therefore we are not expedient to their purposes.

This Christmas it seemed worse than the years before - it wasn't at all about the giving so much as the getting.  Then everyone wonders why they feel so empty afterwards.....

My Xmases have always been about family, and giving gifts to my family that actually mean something. (I don't hit that mark 100% of the time though)

This year because I couldn't be there in person (4500km away), I wrapped their presents but didn't put tags on them, and included a DVD of me that told who's pressie was whos and gave a little background on the whys and hows of each. Also on that DVD I included a little "news from my life" segment as well. My mother said it's the best one I've done yet :)

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2008, 05:08:14 AM »
I hate how they have Christmas music when it's after Christmas.

Don't care now, but I remember hating how
it all stopped at once, when I was young.
Like, there was this great build up, with
radio stations playing more and more, and then
going to an all xmas format. Then, the day after -
nothing. I can't handle such abrupt changes.

Offline monastic

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »
I hate abrupt changes, too.  So I keep a little bit of each holiday up all year long. A Valentine here, an Easter bunny over there... Even if it's a nutcracker or a snowman in the heat of July and August, it makes me happy so to heck with everyone elses ideas of what is proper. 

I have a sign just outside my front door that says it all.  It has a trinket from every holiday; a bunny, a turkey, a shamrock, a pumpkin, and a Santa head all dangling from the sign.  The sign reads; "Happy Everything" and that suits me well.

By the way Wash, I love your idea for a Christmas present to your mom.  How perfect.
"To Live a Love, you gotta Give A Love;  To Give A Love, you gotta Be "Part Of"..."   Neil Young - "A Man Needs A Maid"

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2008, 12:42:48 PM »
My wife and I had the nutcracker up
all the time. He was pretty, and someone
needed to hold my letteropener.  :laugh:

duncvis

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2008, 12:52:46 PM »
I have a sign just outside my front door that says it all.  It has a trinket from every holiday; a bunny, a turkey, a shamrock, a pumpkin, and a Santa head all dangling from the sign.  The sign reads; "Happy Everything" and that suits me well.

:laugh: that's funny. and practical.

Offline monastic

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »
Yes, and it drives the door-knocking Jehovah's Witnesses absolutely stark-raving mad!!!! 

>:D   >:D   >:D   >:D

....or at least I like to think so....

duncvis

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2008, 01:00:47 PM »
 :evillaugh: good.

woo, you finally passed ten posts! so the rest of the board is open now. :woohoo:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »
:party: