Author Topic: kissing banned  (Read 471 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
kissing banned
« on: December 23, 2007, 09:08:28 PM »
Teens in a twist over no under 16 kissing

Derrick Spies DEPUTY CHIEF REPORTER spiesd@avusa.co.za

THOUSANDS of South African teens have gone online and voiced their disapproval of the bizarre new law that bars kissing between teenagers younger than 16.

At least four groups have sprung up on Facebook in the past week in protest against a section in the new Sexual Offences Act, signed into power by President Thabo Mbeki last Thursday.

Although government says the new law is aimed at clamping down on sexual abuse of children by adults, it criminalises kissing or any sexual behaviour among people under 16 – even if it is consensual.

The main group, “Everyone Against The New Kissing Law”, already has 1 251 members and is growing rapidly. The group‘s founder, Franki Murray, describes the new act as “total bull****”.

“It‘s taking away our freedom of choice and is against our human rights,” she says on the site.

Comments against the law abound in Murray‘s group, from the reasonable to the rude.

A pupil from Collegiate Girls‘ High School in Port Elizabeth, writes: “Omf this is sooooooo stoopid i googled it coz i didnt belive it n it sez no kissing under 16 n otha kak but you can av oral sex at da age of 15 . . . sooooo that meanz i can give my bf a blow job but i can‘t kiss him?????”

Christiana from Pretoria writes: “This law is turning hundreds of thousands of teens into law breakers.” Sarah Wolmarans from Suid Natal High School questions whether police would be asking every teenager they saw kissing for an ID. “mayb we all should go kiss in frnt of a police station nd c wat they have 2 say,” she writes.

Laksha Parsotam questions whether the government believes teenagers will obey the new law. “This only means hiding in dark corners . . . so if the government think they‘re getting somewhere . . . they honestly need to change their ways!”

Another protest group has listed an event on Facebook, called “Kiss in protest! – The SA moral police has gone too far!” – and calling for January to be known as “kiss in protest month”.

The creator of the event site, Stephan Fourie, writes: “If we all kiss, they can‘t do anything to us.”

Fourie calls on all young people (and older ones who want to show their support) to get together in groups in public places every Saturday of January to “make out” in protest against the law.

Emile Parker and Shaun Stanley have created a group on Facebook, called “People Unite Against the Threat to Freedom. People Against New Act!” They acknowledge the Act was drafted to prevent sexual abuse, but add “it is badly planned and stupid . . . How can the government enforce such a dim-witted rule?”

Justice department spokesman Zolile Nqayi said the clause against kissing in the Sexual Offenses Act had been placed there to prevent the sexual exploitation of minors.

“We are more concerned about the inappropriate kissing of a 13-year-old girl by a 40-year-old man, than we are about two teenagers sharing a consensual kiss,” he said, adding that in terms of policing the law would only come into effect should the parents report the offence.

WTF ??? ??? ??? ???

What drugs or religion are they on?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

GalileoAce

Re: kissing banned
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 09:25:21 PM »
South Africa... tsk tsk tsk.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »
In protest:

I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 11:03:08 PM »
C'est la AIDS
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 11:21:05 PM »
When your country's life expectancy is cut in half over 10 years, you'll understand.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 02:53:23 AM »
like things weren't bad enough in south africa. ::) if they can't kiss but can give blow jobs, wow. that's like so helpful. no molester ever wants to have a blow job.

and you can't get aids by kissing. not unless you both have an open wound in the mouth.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 03:50:44 AM »
Good. Kissing spreads germs.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 05:22:52 AM »
 :-*  :-*

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 06:09:19 AM »
I see NO problem with it. Kissing is a 'gateway sexual act',
and can lead to more extreme ones.  :laugh:

Soph

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 06:32:22 AM »
tey should ban anything anyone does with their mouth in public
except breathing if you have a cold

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 06:33:49 AM »
Mouth breathers UNITE!

Soph

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 06:34:55 AM »
i have a runny nose
and i miss starbuline

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 07:00:52 AM »
We should all wear respirators and tyvek suits
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 07:08:06 AM »
Mouth breathers UNITE!

i was a mouth breather for all my childhood. my nose was always stuffed cuz of my dust allergy. i had a million plushies and a g-pig.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 07:09:18 AM »
I see NO problem with it. Kissing is a 'gateway sexual act',
and can lead to more extreme ones.  :laugh:

i love those gateway preachers. :laugh: i love the term gateway. it's so funny.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar