Author Topic: Any recent good deeds to make up for your past  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Any recent good deeds to make up for your past
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2008, 02:24:59 PM »
there is that.  and there's also the fact that i genuinely don't give a fuck, of course.  :laugh:  that sounds bad, but i mean that i usually think about things before i do them, so there's no point regretting things if you've thought the consequences through first, if you see what i mean.

i really am like granny weatherwax.  :witch:

ozymandias

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2008, 05:38:09 PM »
i have nothing in my past i feel i need to make up for.  that sounds arrogant, but believe me, i'm harder on myself than i am on other people, and i have tried to live as impeccably as i know (according to my own code, obvoiusly.  :laugh: )

QFT and Ditto.   :thumbup:

ozymandias

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2008, 05:39:22 PM »
i have nothing in my past i feel i need to make up for.  that sounds arrogant, but believe me, i'm harder on myself than i am on other people, and i have tried to live as impeccably as i know (according to my own code, obvoiusly.  :laugh: )

At first I interpreted this thread as being about so-called "Good Deeds" that may have gone wrong and the consequences.

The most out of character wrongs I have done in my past were from lack of impulse control. I acted or re-acted in ways that were not thought out well a few times.

Regrets from some of those times are still with me, when I am down. The ones that really bug me can not be reversed.

Also QFT and DITTO. 

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2008, 05:48:01 PM »

At first I interpreted this thread as being about so-called "Good Deeds" that may have gone wrong and the consequences.

The most out of character wrongs I have done in my past were from lack of impulse control. I acted or re-acted in ways that were not thought out well a few times.

Regrets from some of those times are still with me, when I am down. The ones that really bug me can not be reversed.

Also QFT and DITTO. 

How is that possible? The two are a contradiction. Either you have things you regret at times, or you don't.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2008, 05:57:46 PM »

Also QFT and DITTO. 

How is that possible? The two are a contradiction. Either you have things you regret at times, or you don't.

Trust me, you can be cruising along just fine and then, BAM, a little flicker of something triggers a memory of something stupid that I did or said and  "Presto" we have what I call a "cringe moment." 

Thats the best way I can describe it.  Human beings are all walking contradictions, or at least a big percentage are!

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2008, 06:08:57 PM »
That would be why I added the key phrase "at times".
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2008, 06:50:33 PM »

Also QFT and DITTO. 

Regrets can be kind of like dust bunny nests. No matter how well I think I have cleaned them out they always seem to come back. The things that come back again and again are things that are truly regrettable to me (like using one of my old cameras as a mace on one of the thieves to keep them from robbing me of my cameras - I really hurt that guy or breaking that guys ribs who ran me off the road and hit my car a couple of months ago.) I can never escape them. I can only resist the effects they have on me.

I am better able to resist when I keep from getting bored or depressed in general. That's what I meant by, "when I'm down."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 03:14:44 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2008, 10:16:06 PM »
Trust me, you can be cruising along just fine and then, BAM, a little flicker of something triggers a memory of something stupid that I did or said and  "Presto" we have what I call a "cringe moment." 
I find it strange when this happens and I don't like the feeling of getting embarrassed and feeling awful about it all over again!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

ozymandias

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2008, 10:23:24 AM »
I find it strange when this happens and I don't like the feeling of getting embarrassed and feeling awful about it all over again!

Agreed and DD did an apt analogy.  You think you have resolved or made peace with a past "Incident".  And like a dust bunny, it keeps occuring.  I really hate it, it's in the past, often years ago and yet I still cringe at the memory.   :grrr:

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2008, 10:40:28 AM »

Agreed and DD did an apt analogy.  You think you have resolved or made peace with a past "Incident".  And like a dust bunny, it keeps occuring.  I really hate it, it's in the past, often years ago and yet I still cringe at the memory.   :grrr:
I have one of those...  it's been probably 20 years, and I can still see it so clearly in my head.  It makes me sick whenever I think of it. 
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2008, 02:16:40 PM »
I have a few of those. Every time I think of them I cringe. I know I can't do anything about them but I wish I would have acted differently.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2008, 03:25:22 PM »
I have a few of those. Every time I think of them I cringe. I know I can't do anything about them but I wish I would have acted differently.

That is close to my point.

It doesn't matter how much energy you divert to resolve certain regrets, some of them never go away.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2008, 03:27:01 PM »
I regret the fact that Alex Plank is still badly running a website.  :P

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2008, 03:29:52 PM »
I regret the fact that Alex Plank is still badly running a website.  :P

But do you lose sleep over it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2008, 03:30:28 PM »

That is close to my point.

It doesn't matter how much energy you divert to resolve certain regrets, some of them never go away.

Yes. I don't have many of them but the ones that I have aren't going anywhere.

- Albert Einstein