Author Topic: My WP Banning Party  (Read 3522 times)

Soph

Re: My WP Banning Party
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2007, 06:36:56 PM »
me and sophie got banned around that time when richard got banned, and janicka and i think ahayes got banned around then as well. quite a lot of people did.
me and sophie(starbuline) got unbanned but then banned again

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2007, 06:40:53 PM »
OK then. Who were you there? I was rossc. I wasn't that active there.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Soph

« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2007, 06:44:14 PM »
i was Sopho

i posted a lot between april and june/july

Teejay

« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2007, 06:48:18 PM »
Hey TeeJay. My last post was not directed at you specifically. It seems to just be that people here are on one hand saying how they don't like it but on the other hand miss being a part of it.
I had not realised you had posted this site there. Good luck with the advertising effort though. A bloke I am battling on a blog gave me the heads up about this place. He was saying it was "extremist Intensity Squared forum - which says plenty" and. "If anyone wants to observe profanity - IS is the forum to go to". The irony is he considered this a bad thing.
The reason he bought it up was because he had a run in with some dude called Phlexor who posts here.
I am sure though that your posting there will have some effect. I will look out for it

That is not me, it is thepeaguy using my picture without my permission.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2007, 08:49:09 PM »
Right TJ OK. Sopho I do remember you. Lots of posts, into chicks, liked cats, Glasses, you and Starbuline were mates. Yeah as I say I could probably recall a dozen names as familiar and don't really remember too much about any of them.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Soph

« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »
yeah that was me  :)
me and starbuline spammed random discussion with cat threads a couple times lol

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2007, 09:14:27 PM »
OK I see what you were saying. WP was better until it changed or members changed or what have you. Seems to have been a few members here who got shafted somewhere along the line.
I remember when I was there last a rash of people got banned. I am shit with names but there was a Sofie, Starbuline, RichardBenson (?)and a couple of others. I think I asked one of the mods there Calandale(?). Seemed excessive.
Seems alright here.
As for Phlexor, I figure either Phil (Timelord) is having a delusional moment or Phlexor exists and posts here under a different nick. Not suggesting both are mutually exclusive.

Phlexor is a member here but he does not post much.  I think he posts more on Aspergian Island.  He seems like a really good guy to me.  He recently had a new baby daughter, so maybe he does not post much anywhere right now.  I think that I have seen Timelord post on Aspergian Island as well. 

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2007, 02:06:09 AM »

I remember when I was there last a rash of people got banned. I am shit with names but there was a Sofie, Starbuline, RichardBenson (?)and a couple of others. I think I asked one of the mods there Calandale(?). Seemed excessive.
Seems alright here.

Yeah. That was really the beginning of
the end. This is calandale, btw.  :laugh:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2007, 02:29:46 AM »
How fucking stupid do I feel talking about Sopho and there she was talking about you there you are? LOL.  I have Malador sussed and Sedaka wasn't that difficult to pick. Any other refugees from WP. Spokane Girl too. Ozymaides I have seen around the traps. Same with TeeJay. Callaway rings a bell.

Doesn't matter I am still a newbie so I will get there. Feel free to hang shit on me in the meantime though.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2007, 02:38:55 AM »
Since we can, we tend to change names
a bit, here.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2007, 03:30:41 AM »
$30,000 a year isn't enough to pay for WP if it's costs 50 dollars a day. That is low income.

I never knew he changed his myspace profile about his income. I did say on there it was misleading people if he really doesn't make that much.

Actually, $30,000 per year is more than enough for Alex to pay for both hosting and advertising costs, Spokane Girl.

$50 per day times 365 days per year is $18250 per year that Alex pays for advertising costs for WP.

He says that hosting costs are $280 per month, but multiply that by 12 months per year and you get $3360 per year that he pays for hosting costs.

Add the two and you get $21610 per year for advertising costs plus hosting costs.

But the question that I have is, what benefit do the members of WP derive from Alex advertising WP on other sites and in the media?  I don't see any benefit at all.

He says that WP grosses nearly $30,000 per year, so if he did not spend $50 per day advertising WP, he would be making a lot more money.  As it is, he makes nearly $8390 per year from WP without these donations that he is asking for.

I figure he maybe lives in an apartment so he has to pay rent and utilities and maybe he has a car and has to make car payments to so it eats away his money from paying for WP? I don't know his lifestyle so I wouldn't know. I'm always coming up with logical explanations like a Lisa Simpson. 

If he makes money from WP, why ask for donations?

Alex saying WP costs $280 a month? No way, he says it's $50 a day so that make it 1550 a month for 31 days and $1500 for 30 days and February would be the cheapest because it only has 28 days but 29 days every 4 years.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2007, 06:36:22 AM »
$30,000 a year isn't enough to pay for WP if it's costs 50 dollars a day. That is low income.

I never knew he changed his myspace profile about his income. I did say on there it was misleading people if he really doesn't make that much.

Actually, $30,000 per year is more than enough for Alex to pay for both hosting and advertising costs, Spokane Girl.

$50 per day times 365 days per year is $18250 per year that Alex pays for advertising costs for WP.

He says that hosting costs are $280 per month, but multiply that by 12 months per year and you get $3360 per year that he pays for hosting costs.

Add the two and you get $21610 per year for advertising costs plus hosting costs.

But the question that I have is, what benefit do the members of WP derive from Alex advertising WP on other sites and in the media?  I don't see any benefit at all.

He says that WP grosses nearly $30,000 per year, so if he did not spend $50 per day advertising WP, he would be making a lot more money.  As it is, he makes nearly $8390 per year from WP without these donations that he is asking for.

I figure he maybe lives in an apartment so he has to pay rent and utilities and maybe he has a car and has to make car payments to so it eats away his money from paying for WP? I don't know his lifestyle so I wouldn't know. I'm always coming up with logical explanations like a Lisa Simpson. 

If he makes money from WP, why ask for donations?

Alex saying WP costs $280 a month? No way, he says it's $50 a day so that make it 1550 a month for 31 days and $1500 for 30 days and February would be the cheapest because it only has 28 days but 29 days every 4 years.

I think that Alex said hosting costs are $280 a month and advertising costs were $50 per day, so I added both of them up for a whole year, even though I don't really think that the members of WP benefit from Alex advertising WP.  If there were really 10000 member there, then why would regular members (or anyone but Alex) want there to be even more?   I think that Alex is seeing WP as a money-making enterprise and he just wants it to pay more, kind of like those TV preachers who live in mansions while asking people who live in shacks for donations "to do the Lord's work." 

The_P

« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »
Hey TeeJay. My last post was not directed at you specifically. It seems to just be that people here are on one hand saying how they don't like it but on the other hand miss being a part of it.
I had not realised you had posted this site there. Good luck with the advertising effort though. A bloke I am battling on a blog gave me the heads up about this place. He was saying it was "extremist Intensity Squared forum - which says plenty" and. "If anyone wants to observe profanity - IS is the forum to go to". The irony is he considered this a bad thing.
The reason he bought it up was because he had a run in with some dude called Phlexor who posts here.
I am sure though that your posting there will have some effect. I will look out for it

That's what you get for fucking with me.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2007, 09:18:39 AM »

That's what you get for fucking with me.

So, you don't mind if someone adopts your cute baby picture as an avatar, do you Peaguy?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »

Who CARES. Yeah, 8k ain't a huge amount of money,
but he doesn't really do much for the site. Hell, there
were a lot of us there who could use a few extra bucks -
should it have been spread around?

As to the advertising, OBVIOUSLY he's just trying to
draw more people in, so that he can make even more
money. Again, NOTHING would be wrong with that, if
the site was clearly a commercial one - but begging people
for money, while already making a profit, while not really
revealing that the site was pulling anything in, was not kosher.