Author Topic: My WP Banning Party  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: My WP Banning Party
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2007, 01:49:22 AM »
i like gwen
i dont understand why she doesnt hate alex, but other than that she's a good person

And, I fear she's a dangerous tool.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2007, 10:03:39 AM »
I have to say, part of me thinks Alex is a total Douchebag, and yet he doesnt seem quite as Fucking Stupid as Amy Nelson.
I wish she had at leassome smarts and would kick that Fucking Faggot Max the bear off of AFF. The problem with Alex is
his choice of mods. I cant began to tell you how much I Despise that Bitch gwenevyn..... :grrr:

Max is alright
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »
I don't really understand. You all seem to say that Wrongplanet sucks arse. Then tell us how bad and unfair that you were banned and can't post there? Is it an ego thing or what?
I am a member there and at AFF. I just guess something like a banning is not going to really rock my existence because I have not got that much emotional investment in any one site or forum. Fuck it real life is hard and taxing enough. I just don't give that much of a shit!
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2007, 10:54:21 AM »
I found that it DIDN'T suck ass, earlier.
But, as more and more people got banned,
it got lamer and lamer. AFF, from what I've seen,
is just lame to begin with. Hell, I'm sure it serves
a purpose, for some, but it bores the living shit
out of me. I'm NOT banned there, and doubt
that I could care enough to manage it; if I did,
THAT wouldn't matter.

The_P

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »
I don't really understand. You all seem to say that Wrongplanet sucks arse. Then tell us how bad and unfair that you were banned and can't post there? Is it an ego thing or what?
I am a member there and at AFF. I just guess something like a banning is not going to really rock my existence because I have not got that much emotional investment in any one site or forum. Fuck it real life is hard and taxing enough. I just don't give that much of a shit!

Wow, my advertisement techniques are truly sublime. Look at the AFF crew coming 'round 'ere.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2007, 11:36:01 AM »
Hey TeeJay. My last post was not directed at you specifically. It seems to just be that people here are on one hand saying how they don't like it but on the other hand miss being a part of it.
I had not realised you had posted this site there. Good luck with the advertising effort though. A bloke I am battling on a blog gave me the heads up about this place. He was saying it was "extremist Intensity Squared forum - which says plenty" and. "If anyone wants to observe profanity - IS is the forum to go to". The irony is he considered this a bad thing.
The reason he bought it up was because he had a run in with some dude called Phlexor who posts here.
I am sure though that your posting there will have some effect. I will look out for it

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2007, 01:28:45 PM »

Welcome to Intensity, Sir Les Patterson.

:welcome:

Alex says about Intensity Squared, "That site sucks!"  I think that he has recruited quite a few people to come here and see for themselves.

I think that whether WP sucks depends on your perspective. 

My perspective is that Alex uses people. 

I don't know whether or not you have been on WP long enough to observe this fact for yourself, but if you watch long enough, you will see it. 

Right now, Alex is asking the members of WP for money when he already makes nearly $30,000 a year from WP, by his own admissionHe says, "Maintaining a quickly growing website such as WrongPlanet is very expensive and extremely time consuming. Recently, the community has been growing at a rate that makes it even more expensive to maintain the site. Your donation will help to offset these costs and compensate the creator for his time spent making WrongPlanet.net such a great place to visit."  Bear in mind that many of the people whom Alex is asking for money are in much worse financial shape than he is.  Many people with an ASD are living on disability income.  Alex said on his Myspace page that he makes between $100,000 and $150,000 a year.  On WP, Alex now says that he lied about his income and has edited his MySpace page

If you post anything critical about Alex or some of the mods on WP, you probably will be banned.  If you publicly ask why someone was banned from WP, you probably will be banned.  If you are banned, regular members most likely won't know that you have been banned, since if they ask any questions about it they probably will be banned as well.  I have watched Alex work his way through countless people he enlisted to help him run WP, then either discard them like used Kleenexes, or lie to them and anger them to the point that they walk away.  If you want to post there, I don't think that anyone here has a problem with it.  I certainly don't have one.  I would ask you to be observant, however.  If you watch long enough, you will see what I am trying to tell you.

Soph

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2007, 01:30:44 PM »
i liked wp at first. i guess that's how i got nearly 14 000 posts in three months  :laugh:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2007, 01:37:33 PM »
$30,000 a year isn't enough to pay for WP if it's costs 50 dollars a day. That is low income.

I never knew he changed his myspace profile about his income. I did say on there it was misleading people if he really doesn't make that much.

Soph

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2007, 01:40:19 PM »
i thought it was just the advertising costs that were $50 a day? he doesn't need to advertise it like that.

and i saw someone post something once where he'd said he makes more than enough from his website stuff he does.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2007, 01:55:18 PM »
$30,000 a year isn't enough to pay for WP if it's costs 50 dollars a day. That is low income.

I never knew he changed his myspace profile about his income. I did say on there it was misleading people if he really doesn't make that much.

Actually, $30,000 per year is more than enough for Alex to pay for both hosting and advertising costs, Spokane Girl.

$50 per day times 365 days per year is $18250 per year that Alex pays for advertising costs for WP.

He says that hosting costs are $280 per month, but multiply that by 12 months per year and you get $3360 per year that he pays for hosting costs.

Add the two and you get $21610 per year for advertising costs plus hosting costs.

But the question that I have is, what benefit do the members of WP derive from Alex advertising WP on other sites and in the media?  I don't see any benefit at all.

He says that WP grosses nearly $30,000 per year, so if he did not spend $50 per day advertising WP, he would be making a lot more money.  As it is, he makes nearly $8390 per year from WP without these donations that he is asking for.

Soph

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2007, 02:02:49 PM »
they derive no benefits at all.

i like how he calls it "supporting wrongplanet awareness"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2007, 04:30:58 PM »
Fair enough. To be honest I don't really get into politics or what have you. I also tend to treat people fine until they personally effect or offend me. At the same time I have no problem liking someone who is mates with someone I dislike. Alex Plank = Anti-Christ Okay. I could mention half a dozen nicknames on WP I post infrequently.AFF I am more regular. WP Chat rooms more frequent still.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2007, 04:37:09 PM »
Hey TeeJay. My last post was not directed at you specifically. It seems to just be that people here are on one hand saying how they don't like it but on the other hand miss being a part of it.

But it's obvious. Why complain about something
that was NEVER worthwhile to you? Some of us
had an investment into the site.

He was saying it was "extremist Intensity Squared forum - which says plenty" and. "If anyone wants to observe profanity - IS is the forum to go to". The irony is he considered this a bad thing.

Not too much fucking profane discussion here.
Most are pretty godless, TBH.
The reason he bought it up was because he had a run in with some dude called Phlexor who posts here.

Never heard of him.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »
OK I see what you were saying. WP was better until it changed or members changed or what have you. Seems to have been a few members here who got shafted somewhere along the line.
I remember when I was there last a rash of people got banned. I am shit with names but there was a Sofie, Starbuline, RichardBenson (?)and a couple of others. I think I asked one of the mods there Calandale(?). Seemed excessive.
Seems alright here.
As for Phlexor, I figure either Phil (Timelord) is having a delusional moment or Phlexor exists and posts here under a different nick. Not suggesting both are mutually exclusive.