Author Topic: Ships?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Ships?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 03:45:05 AM »
i hate Thomas. :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

duncvis

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 04:10:38 PM »
Ringo the tank engine... where's beatle head when you need her? oh yeah, she mimped off sulking about being 'bullied'. c'est la vie.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 04:39:44 PM »
She was bullied? ???
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 04:51:12 PM »
by that mean soph on zomg. and we weren't being sympathetic enough.  :P

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 04:57:24 PM »
I have been on the USS Constitution before.  I was a kid (probably 8 yrs old) when I got to go on Old Ironsides haha.   It is amazing that a ship that old and that has been in as many wars as it has, is still sailing to this day.   Jacksonville is a Navy city (Mayport is the US Navy's 3rd biggest base), so of course I have been on everything outside of a nuclear aircraft carrier here.   Though I have been on the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_John_F._Kennedy_(CV-67) many times at Mayport.   I only have been on a Nimitz class carrier once, and that was in Virginia at the largest naval base in the world haha.

The aircraft shows kick ass imo.  I have seen them several times at both Mayport and Clarks airfield.   I have seen Blue Angels (FA-18s), Stealth fighter/bomber, F22, F16, propeller planes, helicopters, etc perform.   Fun stuff.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:06:02 PM by Alex179 »
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
I love ships, but in particular I love Really fuckin' BIG ships the most. Lately Ive been infatuated with Supertankers cuz they are pretty much the largest, heaviest ships afloat. Trouble is they are slowly being scrapped and so fewer and fewer of these monsters sail the high seas. Thankfully, the Biggest of them all-the greatest of all the world ships is Still afloat :green:

here she is:
To tmia pulumchva nac vatieche evistho, aomai nac murinash aule. Thuvas sheronaith themiasa avilchval aomai marashm. Sanshl selace, etanal unialastres thamuce avish fleresh holaiesh sanshl tiur il  :cthulhu:

Soph

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 05:14:47 PM »
She was bullied? ???
yeah, i "bullied" her by defending my friend when she insulted her after she died.  :-\

nd what is happening with my body? ???  :o

Soph

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 05:15:21 PM »
and why is my A key stuck?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 05:27:26 PM »
what is happening with your body, Soph?

http://www.star-trek-voyager.net/lforms4/species_devore2.htm

DEVORE WARSHIP (text source TOSTFF, only very slightly amended)

The U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656's journey through the Delta Quadrant is often impeded by the xenophobic laws and customs of races that either completely block passage through their sovereign territory, or enforce restrictive conditions that make the journey unpleasant and potentially hostile. The Devoro Imperium's expansive area of space makes its avoidance extremely difficult for the Starfleet vessel, but travelling through it is little easier, as the Devore actively hunt and incarcerate any lifeforms with telepathic abilities - such as Vulcans and Betazoids. The mainstay of the Devore fleet that carries out the intimidation of alien travellers is the Devore warship, a menacing vessel three times the size of an Intrepid-class starship, possessing superior offensive and defensive technology.

Devore warships work in conjunction with a series of automated detection arrays that regularly scan for vessels within their territory. Successful detection of an unauthorized vessel leads to the immediate dispatch of two Warships. Such vessels also take part in routine patrols, adhering to predetermined schedules and routes that increase the security of their space even more. The Devore adopt a policy of ensuring any patrol has equal or superior firepower to any potential threat; a single Devore warship is more than a match for the Starfleet vessel Voyager. The race routinely sends two such vessels to ensure tactical supremacy, and will commit a dozen ships to a single location if necessary.

more info in the link. i have a migraine. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2007, 05:30:36 PM »
what is happening with your body, Soph?
you tell me  :laugh:

I'd like to share someone's body with you.
who's body? :P :evillaugh:
I don't know many people that you do.
Hell, let's share soph's.

take codeine, magic codeine magics away migraines  :)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2007, 05:33:34 PM »
i wish i had some. i never had a prescription for them, they were my mom's ex's. i took three panadol and i still have neckpain. :( the migraine's eased up. i think i might ask a doctor for codeine. :)
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 05:34:39 PM »
i don't know who's mine were, i just found them in the kitchen once i think lol

they shouldnt be prescription-only :(

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2007, 05:38:16 PM »
they should be freely available. :( they really made me happier. like in a weird way. and feel good.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2007, 05:52:20 PM »
they should give out free codeine everywhere. free drugs for everybody!  :laugh:

duncvis

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2007, 06:31:57 PM »
yay for codeine. and tramadol.