Author Topic: OMG I started a drama war on WP  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: OMG I started a drama war on WP
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 11:12:18 AM »
I make 100K a year ::) :wanker:

Doesn't K mean thousand? I thought it did. Then what is 100K?

Actually it means 100 kelvin or about -279.67 degrees Fahrenheit :P

Like people tell the truth on the internet:wanker:

No, I was trying to ask if 100K means 100 thousand and you call me wanker or was that directed at Alex?

Not at you :-* at you know who
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

The_P

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 11:39:27 AM »
I make 100K a year ::) :wanker:

Doesn't K mean thousand? I thought it did. Then what is 100K?

Actually it means 100 kelvin or about -279.67 degrees Fahrenheit :P

Like people tell the truth on the internet:wanker:

They will as long as they are honest people.  :wanker:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
I wish I made 100k a year haha.   If he really makes 100k from WP, then it might be worth taking that site down.   He shouldn't make a comfortable living just for having a AS website that is popular (advertising revenue).    100k a year just puts him in the highest tax bracket, you don't really want to make 100k, you want to make way more or just under to fit in the tax bracket right under.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 02:26:35 PM »
My uncle makes about 100K a year. I mean $100,000. I asked him. I make under 20 thousand.

The_P

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 02:58:12 PM »
My uncle makes about 100K a year. I mean $100,000. I asked him. I make under 20 thousand.

I steal over £3,500 per annum!

ozymandias

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »
and why is it bad for WP members to know? Is Alex afraid of losing members because they might get too paranoid to post thinking they might get banned?

He doesn't lose members since he refuses to delete the accounts of those he has banned from the site. I've repeatedly asked him to delete my account, without any luck.

Of course, what it boils down to is the money and the image he wants to convey. A membership comprising several thousand people is good for both. Only the admins can find out how many of those are banned or sockpuppets.

You forgot spambots disabled, but, not deleted.  I'm sure a lot of "members" are that as well.

richard

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 06:06:41 PM »
i saw this shit on google on the news and google ads generate alot of chedder. like 100's of dollars a month

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 06:14:29 PM »
and why is it bad for WP members to know? Is Alex afraid of losing members because they might get too paranoid to post thinking they might get banned?

He doesn't lose members since he refuses to delete the accounts of those he has banned from the site. I've repeatedly asked him to delete my account, without any luck.

Of course, what it boils down to is the money and the image he wants to convey. A membership comprising several thousand people is good for both. Only the admins can find out how many of those are banned or sockpuppets.

You forgot spambots disabled, but, not deleted.  I'm sure a lot of "members" are that as well.

Considering what WP is run on, yes. Only god knows how many spambots we get every day at Gestalt. Well, Sophist knows, and the other admins, too, but you know what I mean. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 06:22:53 PM »
I wish I made 100k a year haha.   If he really makes 100k from WP, then it might be worth taking that site down.   He shouldn't make a comfortable living just for having a AS website that is popular (advertising revenue).    100k a year just puts him in the highest tax bracket, you don't really want to make 100k, you want to make way more or just under to fit in the tax bracket right under.

Tax brackets don't work that way.
You pay based upon EACH bracket.
So, he'd only be paying the highest
taxes on what he makes over 100k.

Soph

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 06:56:46 PM »
wp is shite. i've lost count of how many sockpuppets i've had on there. French_Froggy and Sexy_Christian were the most fun though.

i just posted on there for the first time in ages, asking about some of the starbuline stuff, quatermass and calandale, and the thread is now gone.

ozymandias

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »

Considering what WP is run on, yes. Only god knows how many spambots we get every day at Gestalt. Well, Sophist knows, and the other admins, too, but you know what I mean. :P

I know what you mean, but, as an example...the last month or so,  so many spambots have registered on aspergianisland that I haven't caught up yet on deleting.  We went from 1600+ members to 2000+ "members" within a month.  On a dead forum.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2007, 07:03:57 PM »
Yeah. I keep wishing that we'd switch to something better than that phpBB crap but no luck, so far.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 07:09:27 PM »

i just posted on there for the first time in ages, asking about some of the starbuline stuff, quatermass and calandale, and the thread is now gone.

No doubt. I'm shocked my stuff stayed,
to be honest. It kinda defeats the point
of banning me, if they're going to leave
my broadsides up. Not that anyone goes
into the site discussion section.