Educational

Author Topic: Oh Nooooo HELP!!!!  (Read 690 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Oh Nooooo HELP!!!!
« on: November 28, 2007, 01:27:44 PM »
Benny & Joon is starting to skip now. Oh no what do I do? It skips in the scene where Ruthie can't get her car started and Benny is trying to see what the problem is with her car and he has to take her home because her fuel pump is shot. Luckily I know the whole scene and know what the characters are saying even if that part skips.
During the Prom Queen Multator, the movie freezes for a sec and the screen scrambles up and it's back to normal.

(I had to make a B&J post because I miss them, do you?)

Teejay

Re: Oh Nooooo HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 01:36:42 PM »
When you are planning on playing it so many times, you should prepare yourself to replace the DVD with a new copy more frequently than you expected.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 01:54:22 PM »
Maybe you could just close your eyes and play the movie in your head.  I'm sure you have every minutiae memorized by now.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 02:00:22 PM »
I can run to (ride to) Fred Meyers and get a copy. I've seen the DVD's there.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 03:19:12 PM »
Benny & Joon is starting to skip now. Oh no what do I do? It skips in the scene where Ruthie can't get her car started and Benny is trying to see what the problem is with her car and he has to take her home because her fuel pump is shot. Luckily I know the whole scene and know what the characters are saying even if that part skips.
During the Prom Queen Multator, the movie freezes for a sec and the screen scrambles up and it's back to normal.

(I had to make a B&J post because I miss them, do you?)

Er, no. but it your fault for over loading me with them.

It's a currently produced movei. Just buy another copy and be a little mroe careful with this one.

You could also try to clean teh disk you already own. If it's scratched, there are services that re=polish the readable surface and remove some of the scratches. Theay also sell a machine to do it yourself. We have a good professsional machine at work. I have seeen them destroy a disk and bring it back to serviceability byt re=pollishing it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 06:26:03 PM »
if cleaning fails and you're not assed to buy a polisher then get a new copy. older DVDs are dirt cheap. i had Benny and Joon on VHS so it's not very new.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 07:45:16 PM »
You might be able to get a bulk discount.  :laugh:

Kosmonaut

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 07:51:38 PM »
Dont give a fuck either  :kevv:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 11:55:20 PM »
You might be able to get a bulk discount.  :laugh:

:laugh: :plus:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 12:39:51 AM »
rip it and burn a new dvd

the DVD-ROM might be able to get through the scratches
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 04:28:22 AM »
I would try cleaning the disk first.  Do you see scratches on it?

Don't DVD players need cleaning sometimes if they have played too many dirty DVDs with fingerprints or dust on them?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 04:48:25 AM »
good point. it might not be the disc.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 07:36:52 AM »
YOU ARE FREE. BUY A DIFFERENT DVD, WATCH IT 1000 TIMES AND THEN TELL US HOW MUCH YOU LOVE IT.

despite the shouting i doubt it will sink in.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 08:16:26 AM »
TiVo it.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 08:27:43 AM »
I would try cleaning the disk first.  Do you see scratches on it?

Don't DVD players need cleaning sometimes if they have played too many dirty DVDs with fingerprints or dust on them?

There is a lens inside the player, which is like the "pick-up or sensor" for the laser, that can become cloudy with dust. It should probably be cleaned by a professional, though, since the machine will have to be taken apart. It is a little dangerous to take them apart yourself, because they are actually assembled by robots, using jigs to perfectly align the cabinet pieces. Most of the cheaper ones are made this way and once you take them apart, the doors don't line up anymore or the internal mechanism shift and they will not work well anymore.

The thing is - if your machine is a couple of years old, you can buy a better machine for fifty bucks or an upgrade to a much better machine for around a hundred, these days. It will cost nearly a hundred for a cleaning at most places!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.