Author Topic: Post your Christmas photos  (Read 3364 times)

Soph

Re: Post your Christmas photos
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2007, 03:41:57 PM »
yeah i want to do an MA somewhere after i've got my degree. i haven't really thought much about it yet, but i will maybe be more likely to meet people more like me then. if only some hot history students went to the museum and the library every day and listened to rammstein. that would be cool  :laugh:

ozymandias

« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2007, 03:59:45 PM »
yeah i want to do an MA somewhere after i've got my degree. i haven't really thought much about it yet, but i will maybe be more likely to meet people more like me then. if only some hot history students went to the museum and the library every day and listened to rammstein. that would be cool  :laugh:

The thing to remember, is that the best is yet to come.  Slogging thru all this shit now will make you appreciate the good things better.   8)

Soph

« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2007, 04:03:32 PM »
but everyone always says that thye loved high school, but then they just go off and get a job and then die
i hated school, so i have nothing. when i've finished here i'll just be sitting round doing stuff i hate and waiting to get old and die probably

or maybe i'm being too negative lol

i am watching the wizard of oz  :P

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2007, 04:23:48 PM »
I hated high school you will be fine.  Stay in school get the highest degree you can and teach or do research stay in the field you like and it will be okay don't let anybody tell you otherwise you seem the type that can do it.  The higher you get in your field the more interesting people you will meet
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Soph

« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2007, 04:24:43 PM »
i hope i can do that  :)

history is the only thing i think i could do without having a nervous breakdown or something

ozymandias

« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »
I hated high school you will be fine.  Stay in school get the highest degree you can and teach or do research stay in the field you like and it will be okay don't let anybody tell you otherwise you seem the type that can do it.  The higher you get in your field the more interesting people you will meet

Ditto on that.  When I got my first invitation to a high school reunion...........I nearly died laughing at the hypocrisy of people who treated me with disdain and contempt, ACTUALLY wanting me around! ::) 

Soph

« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »
yeah there's no way in hell i'll be going to any reunions  :laugh:

there were two people there who i liked, maybe only one actually, and they liked other people more than they liked me

ozymandias

« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »
yeah there's no way in hell i'll be going to any reunions  :laugh:

there were two people there who i liked, maybe only one actually, and they liked other people more than they liked me

At least you had two!   :laugh:

Soph

« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2007, 06:20:14 PM »
sometimes  :laugh:

they didn't really sit with me much by the time i left. they found better people i guess  :P

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2007, 06:21:08 PM »
I recently had a falling out with my best "friends" (ha), but have made many more just from going to more events I like, being open to like-minded people. I find getting to know people a lot easier when I'm wasted mind. Keeping in touch with friends is another issue though  :-\

I'm sure there are heaps of people who have similar interests to you Soph, the trouble is knowing where to find them.
Some kind of historical society?? 
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

ozymandias

« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2007, 06:24:29 PM »
sometimes  :laugh:

they didn't really sit with me much by the time i left. they found better people i guess  :P

Therein lies the joys of high school, friends for life or until a better one comes along!   ::)

Soph

« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2007, 06:26:42 PM »
yeah all the high school friends i had were just "friends" really. not real friends

i dunno if there is a historical society  here  :(

i only ever go to lectures, library and museum (unless you count buying lucozade in Spar as an opportunity to make friends  :P )
and no one is ever there except people working in the library and families bringing their kids to the museum.

things would be a lot easier if people organised themselves into groups by interest and advertised their interests to me so i knew where to find them  :laugh:

i was ok making "friends" in college as i already knew 2 from school who stuck with me and people who recognised me from classes would add me on myspace and get to know me online first

it's the maintaining friendships part that i suck at, becuase they quickly lose interest with me and they all go to clubs and go out at weekends to places i'd have to get the bus to.

Soph

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2007, 06:27:26 PM »
and i am probably the only 19 year old in the country who hasn't been asked to go anywhere for new years eve. again. lol

ozymandias

« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »
and i am probably the only 19 year old in the country who hasn't been asked to go anywhere for new years eve. again. lol

FWIW, when I was 19 I never went anywhere on New Years eve or was invited to go.  I was in my late twenties before I actually went to a real new years eve party.   :violin:

Soph

« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2007, 06:34:55 PM »
i've been to one  :asthing: when i was 16

the only reason i was asked was because there was another girl who wanted to go, but had nowhere to stay the night. i lived nearby so they invited me so she could stay at my house after. of course, they don't admit that, but given that i was asked several days after everyone else and only after they'd realised she could stay at mine, i think i can tell why   :laugh:

i wouldnt mind though, i wouldnt actually go even if i was invited

i just feel stupid when people ask what i did for new years eve

my "i stayed in because i was ill" excuse is getting old now lol

although i dont even have any acquaintances anymore, nevermind friends, so i doubt i'll even be asked about it by anyone this year   8)