Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Intro
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 08:30:28 AM »
So, you're the photographic equivalent of a guy who cuts cows in half and pickles them, or who throws buckets of paint at a wall?

Nope. I'm the guy who takes pictures of the wall after someone throws buckets of pickled cow at it.

Actually, now that I think about it, do you happen to have access to a cow, Peter? A black and white one, preferably. For the contrast, you see.

Or, failing that, how much do you happen to weigh?

Jeff
(Aspie Disclaimer: The above was meant to be at least slightly humorous. I'm sure Peter would not be amenable to bisection. Nor do I have the energy for that much sawing.)

It's mostly highland cows here, and horses, and some deer.  You could use a big circular saw; I bet I'd make a pretty bisection.

Are you on the no-fly list yet for those anti-war photos?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline gitchel

• Rookie (be kind to me)
  • Life's a bitch, and then you die.
    • Perseveration.org
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 09:59:36 AM »
Are you on the no-fly list yet for those anti-war photos?

hehe

Well, technically, the photos aren't anti-war. The march was. The photos are just "news" coverage.

Actually, someone asked me to cover the march - so I did. I have no idea what they did with the pictures afterward. I assume they aren't violating my copyright ;-)

Personally, I get a bit peeved at the new Peaceniks. I was against this war - actually the entire administration - from the very beginning. In fact, I was against them when they were all Nixon's buddies - except for the few Reaganites. Sheesh. Doesn't anyone have a memory anymore? I KNOW they have Google. Couldn't they look these guys up before voting for them? These are the same guys who ALWAYS start wars when they get in power. Always. They don't consider it a sin to kill other folks' kids for cash.

Whatever, Sorry for the rant.

Anyway, I am well and truly aspie. Therefore, I have just a tiny bit of trouble actually asking people to model for pose or model for me. You may have noticed an almost complete lack of non-candid people photos in the 1200+ pictures I posted on Flickr. So, I try to cover the periodic march or parade or event just so I can get a little practice shooting humans. When a person is acting publicly, they can't refuse a photo.

Still, if I were on the no-fly list, it would be a big relief: I hate airlines almost as much as the dentist. Actually, the dentist doesn't torture you for such large blocks of time - nor charge you as much. Hmmm. Ok, I hate air travel WORSE that the dentist - and I REALLY hate the dentist. (Can I hear an "amen!" from the congregation?!)

Jeff
(Aspie Disclaimer: The above was meant to be mostly grumpy and contrary. It's Sunday morning!)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:20:59 AM by gitchel »

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 10:01:51 AM »
 :agreed: About the "peaceniks."
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline gitchel

• Rookie (be kind to me)
    • Perseveration.org
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 10:18:32 AM »

Wow, thanks for even more Welcomes! :-)

I saw a few references to this site on WP. Mostly, they were fairly lame attempts to insert it into the Evil Site thread.

Evil site thread? Gotta link?

Somehow, I'd presume that ANY links
to the land of the ass fairies would disappear,
right quick.

Oh, snap! I fucked up. It wasn't on WP. It was on AFF.

http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/showthread.php?tid=921&page=14

It was funny. I had to get someone to private message the link to me (Hard to search for "I2"). I had to verify that I was over 18 ;-)

Apologies for the mistake. (I make mistakes often, and like to share them with my friends. Aren't you lucky that I don't knit tea cozies and share THEM with my friends? ;-)

Jeff
(Aspie Disclaimer: Oh, whatever.)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »

Wow, thanks for even more Welcomes! :-)

I saw a few references to this site on WP. Mostly, they were fairly lame attempts to insert it into the Evil Site thread.

Evil site thread? Gotta link?

Somehow, I'd presume that ANY links
to the land of the ass fairies would disappear,
right quick.

Oh, snap! I fucked up. It wasn't on WP. It was on AFF.

http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/showthread.php?tid=921&page=14

It was funny. I had to get someone to private message the link to me (Hard to search for "I2"). I had to verify that I was over 18 ;-)

Apologies for the mistake. (I make mistakes often, and like to share them with my friends. Aren't you lucky that I don't knit tea cozies and share THEM with my friends? ;-)

Jeff
(Aspie Disclaimer: Oh, whatever.)

Cool.  Thanks for the link, Gitchel.   :plus:

Oh and thanks for the link back, Mad Kangaroo.  I wonder how long your link will last on AFF?   :plus:

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 11:01:57 AM »
Gah. This is how people end up being burned for witchcraft. Wish people would check things out for themselves before forming their opinion.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline gitchel

• Rookie (be kind to me)
    • Perseveration.org
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »
Gah. This is how people end up being burned for witchcraft. Wish people would check things out for themselves before forming their opinion.

What are you? Some sort of radical?!

Jeff

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 11:59:09 AM »

What are you? Some sort of radical?!

Jeff

I think you will find most here are ;D Welcome to the madness
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2007, 02:50:31 PM »
haha they have some wild ideas about us. :laugh: derogatory comments about women? where? :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 03:15:26 PM »
haha they have some wild ideas about us. :laugh: derogatory comments about women? where? :laugh:

I'm not sure.  Maybe where McJagger says that the neurological issues of PMS are caused by societal conditioning?

:laugh:

Like garmonbozia said, there are plenty of women here who will fire right back.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 03:20:53 PM »
I'm not sure.  Maybe where McJagger says that the neurological issues of PMS are caused by societal conditioning?

:laugh:

yeah that's what i thought. nothing else that pops to mind.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

duncvis

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2007, 03:28:33 PM »
lol@ kosmo  :lol:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2007, 10:38:14 PM »

Yeah. The early posts seemed pretty ignorant.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2007, 10:38:50 PM »

Shut up, you fucking cunt.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2007, 10:55:13 PM »
 :'( omg they were right!
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar