Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Intro
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 09:36:19 PM »

Wow, thanks for even more Welcomes! :-)

I saw a few references to this site on WP. Mostly, they were fairly lame attempts to insert it into the Evil Site thread. But I was intrigued by the attempt. I tend to be curious whenever someone says there's something I shouldn't see ;-)

Thanks for the compliments in reference to my photos. It's my current preoccupation. I'm very curious about other aspie photographers, and heard there may be some here. I'm looking for a common thread(s) in the photography of autistics. Thinking of putting together a website, show, book, calendar, whatever. Mostly looking forward to gaining a deeper understanding of how aspies/autistics approach Art.

That's very interesting.

Your photos are excellent.  Some are mesmerising.

Your camera is a Nikon?

Offline gitchel

• Rookie (be kind to me)
  • Life's a bitch, and then you die.
    • Perseveration.org
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 10:24:12 PM »

That's very interesting.

Your photos are excellent.  Some are mesmerising.

Your camera is a Nikon?

Nikon D50. Had to pull some serious overtime to afford it. It is a real workhorse, and I recommend it.

Before that, I used a Canon A95 - a very good camera for someone just learning.

In most of my photos, I try to find a new perspective. I'm sure that's what most NT photographers do, of course, but I approach it differently. Instead of focusing on finding unusual angles or juxtapositions, I cheat and stop trying to think like an NT for a moment. What fascinates my aspie self the most about what I'm looking at?

The picture in my avatar is simply the balconies on the new apartment building across the street reflected in the broken glass of an abandoned auto parts store. It seems to say things about time and entropy and how one provides motion for the other. Or something about shinny broken things - I forget which. ;-)

At least I HOPE that's what I'm doing ;-) I find it deeply satisfying for myself. I have no idea if NTs, or other aspies find that it communicates anything to them.

We'll see, I guess.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM by gitchel »

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 10:48:49 PM »

That's very interesting.

Your camera is a Nikon?

Nikon D50. Had to pull some serious overtime to afford it. It is a real workhorse, and I recommend it.

In most of my photos, I try to find a new perspective. I'm sure that's what most NT photographers do, of course, but I approach it differently. Instead of focusing on finding unusual angles or juxtapositions, I cheat and stop trying to think like an NT for a moment. What fascinates my aspie self the most about what I'm looking at?

The picture in my avatar is simply the balcony's on the new apartment building across the street reflected in the broken glass of an abandoned auto parts store. It seems to say things about time and entropy and how one provides motion for the other. Or something about shinny broken things - I forget which. ;-)

At least I HOPE that's what I'm doing ;-) I find it deeply satisfying for myself. I have no idea if NTs, or other aspies find that it communicates anything to them.

We'll see, I guess.

So, you're the photographic equivalent of a guy who cuts cows in half and pickles them, or who throws buckets of paint at a wall?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2007, 11:03:59 PM »
 :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2007, 11:18:25 PM »
I love Nikons mine got damaged by someone else taking a photo and I haven't replaced it with the insurance yet.

I bought a Canon once - for use as an underwater camera.  Never really liked it. 

That's very interesting.

Your camera is a Nikon?

The picture in my avatar is simply the balcony's on the new apartment building across the street reflected in the broken glass of an abandoned auto parts store. It seems to say things about time and entropy and how one provides motion for the other. Or something about shinny broken things - I forget which. ;-)

We'll see, I guess.

So, you're the photographic equivalent of a guy who cuts cows in half and pickles them, or who throws buckets of paint at a wall?

Have you seen the photo's on his website Peter?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:24:07 PM by Creme Deluxe »

Offline gitchel

• Rookie (be kind to me)
    • Perseveration.org
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 11:36:42 PM »

Nope. I'm the guy who takes pictures of the wall after someone throws buckets of pickled cow at it.

Actually, now that I think about it, do you happen to have access to a cow, Peter? A black and white one, preferably. For the contrast, you see.

Or, failing that, how much do you happen to weigh?

Jeff
(Aspie Disclaimer: The above was meant to be at least slightly humorous. I'm sure Peter would not be amenable to bisection. Nor do I have the energy for that much sawing.)

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 11:56:05 PM »
How long were you over at WP?

Offline gitchel

• Rookie (be kind to me)
    • Perseveration.org
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 12:56:40 AM »
How long were you over at WP?

About 3 months. I didn't post much.

duncvis

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 05:52:32 AM »
i assume you weren't a heavy participant in the interminable 'diagnose the dead famous person with AS' and 'my toes wrinkle in the bath! is this a sign of autism?' threads over there, then.  :evillaugh:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 07:07:13 AM »

Wow, thanks for even more Welcomes! :-)

I saw a few references to this site on WP. Mostly, they were fairly lame attempts to insert it into the Evil Site thread.

Evil site thread? Gotta link?

Somehow, I'd presume that ANY links
to the land of the ass fairies would disappear,
right quick.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 07:59:31 AM »
i assume you weren't a heavy participant in the interminable 'diagnose the dead famous person with AS' and 'my toes wrinkle in the bath! is this a sign of autism?' threads over there, then.  :evillaugh:

OMG! My toes do this! :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 08:11:05 AM »

OMG! My toes do this! :o

Mine too!   :o

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2007, 08:11:37 AM »
Mine don't. Maybe I'm not aspie.  :P
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2007, 08:16:34 AM »
You fraud, you. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2007, 08:26:23 AM »
I love Nikons mine got damaged by someone else taking a photo and I haven't replaced it with the insurance yet.

I bought a Canon once - for use as an underwater camera.  Never really liked it. 

That's very interesting.

Your camera is a Nikon?

We'll see, I guess.

Have you seen the photo's on his website Peter?

No, I haven't.  I'll go look.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?