Educational

Author Topic: Do you talk about your ex's to your partner/spouse?  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Do you talk about your ex's to your partner/spouse?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 04:54:58 AM »
I had a girl tell me that I was much better at sex than her ex.  She said she'd thought her sex-life was good before, but I think he just fucked her and didn't do other other stuff.

She still had weird commitments to the ex, though, and was protecting him even though he was a violent, schizophrenic asshole who hurt her and did crazy things like hide in her house to access her computer and threatened her with knives and cut her and stuff.  I got sick of the stress of it, since she wouldn't let me help, and told her to stop telling me about it.  I broke up with her soon after.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 11:27:04 AM »
I generally try not to; my Current will talk about girls he's dated, but it's not a big deal, and he said he doesn't mind if I talk about mine.  However, I told him I wanted him to be reacting to me and not to my ex when he was with me (ie not trying to not be the things about my ex I hated), so I said I didn't want to talk much about my ex.  When my Current hangs around with my friends, it will sometimes come up (it's a female-dominated group and we indulge in the occasional rant), but I have yet to really get into the specifics of what went wrong.  I'm guessing I'll tell him more eventually.  Actually, I told him when I was concerned/pissed about being "monitored," but it was more like "this is why I am in a bad mood and kinda looking over my shoulder a lot" than anything else, as I had just found out about a small part of it.

I'm sort of going for the slow reveal, I guess, on Ex1 and on some of the other crappy parts of my past (on the same react-to-me-not-my-past principle- which I also explained), though I did tell him awhile back that if he had any questions he wanted to ask, at this point I was OK with telling him, and I have told him a fair bit about my family.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:30:32 AM by fkng srius »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

The_P

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 11:35:57 AM »
Sure, I talk about my imaginary exs to my imaginary girlfriend all the damn time.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2007, 11:37:20 AM »
Sure, I talk about my imaginary exs to my imaginary girlfriend all the damn time.
That's a bad idea.  You should talk about your eimaginary exes to your imaginary friends and keep the time you spend with your imaginary girlfriend as precious and special.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2007, 11:38:23 AM »
In my experience I only talk about an ex a lot if I can't get over them, otherwise exes are exes for a reason and should stay where they belong...

in the past and forgotten about.

The_P

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 11:38:47 AM »
That's a bad idea.  You should talk about your eimaginary exes to your imaginary friends and keep the time you spend with your imaginary girlfriend as precious and special.

Facetious advice to a facetious statement of mine. I facetiously genuflect to you in gratitude.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 11:41:08 AM »

Facetious advice to a facetious statement of mine. I facetiously genuflect to you in gratitude.

why thank you

Punctuate to preference.

In my experience I only talk about an ex a lot if I can't get over them, otherwise exes are exes for a reason and should stay where they belong...

in the past and forgotten about.

"In the past and forgotten about" is one route to go, though I do feel compelled to adapt that old joke:

I prefer my exes like I prefer my coffee.
Ground up and in my freezer.

The_P

Completely unrelated to the topic at hand...
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 11:42:14 AM »
Peter Mackenzie lives life to the full by shopping at Asda and using the public toilets.

The coolest people I know go to Morrisons.

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 12:38:47 PM »
i do in the sense that any time i talk about stuff ive done with friends... cause it just happens that pretty much my only friends have been my bfs.  some buys dont mind some do... but i tend to not compare them in any way in conversation.  i dont see a point in that.
I am the Steppenwolf who never learned to dance.

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP

The_P

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2007, 02:04:52 PM »
i do in the sense that any time i talk about stuff ive done with friends... cause it just happens that pretty much my only friends have been my bfs.  some buys dont mind some do... but i tend to not compare them in any way in conversation.  i dont see a point in that.

Not even the subject of "penis size spectrum"?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Completely unrelated to the topic at hand...
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2007, 02:14:27 PM »
Peter Mackenzie lives life to the full by shopping at Asda and using the public toilets.

The coolest people I know go to Morrisons.

i'm cooler. i go to M&S.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

ozymandias

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2007, 02:15:44 PM »
No, I don't like doing that unless there's a real point to be made.

Ditto

duncvis

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 06:44:59 PM »
We occasionally talk about exes in passing but it isnt a subject that often has relevance. bearing in mind that we've  been together a long time so it isnt a subject likely to cause any uneasy twinges anyway. and owt since we got together has already been pretty much talked out, where necessary.

ozymandias

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 08:19:40 PM »
We occasionally talk about exes in passing but it isnt a subject that often has relevance. bearing in mind that we've  been together a long time so it isnt a subject likely to cause any uneasy twinges anyway. and owt since we got together has already been pretty much talked out, where necessary.

QFT, I discussed my ex-gf's with my wife before we got married as an exercise in trust and honesty as she did the same.  16 years later it rarely comes up except as a reference point, as in how lucky I was to dodge those "bullets" and wind up with the woman I have. 8)

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2007, 11:15:32 PM »

Not even the subject of "penis size spectrum"?

not that any of them ever asked about the penis-size of my exes... nope, not even to "gf"s
I am the Steppenwolf who never learned to dance.

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP