Poll

how many of yous is what one would call a substance abuser?

i am! i love abusing substances.
6 (23.1%)
i never touch any substances! i am clean as a whistle!
5 (19.2%)
i only drink booze and shit
10 (38.5%)
i only do drugs, no booze
1 (3.8%)
i do drugs and booze cuz they are teh awesome
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: do you self-medicate?  (Read 4871 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: do you self-medicate?
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2007, 11:03:28 PM »
they want healthy employees. but i don't see them telling fat people to stop eating. ::) how the hell are we allowing them to dictate out lives, i mean where is the world going? people have to stand up and refuse to take that shit.

You need to fuck off, unless you really know what it's like to try to get a fucking job. You have the attitude of an unemployed idiot.

:minusevil:

yeah and if you had read my next posts you would know i know it's hard. :minusevil: right back at you angel fluffy bunnah!

yeah i'm unemployed for good fucking reason.

i know how hard it is to find a fucking job you angel fluffy bunnah. i could never find one. cuz of how i am. so don't tell me i don't know. i was just saying what i think people should do, as a collective. i didn't mean any one person should do it alone. but maybe you'd know that if you'd asked me before you fucking gheyed me you hothead. :finger:

edit: can't type when mad gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nothing to be mad about, anyway. You posted from what I believe promotes a fools mentality. I merely called it such.

I chose to make personal sacrifices to try and find a lifestyle that makes some sense in my situation. You don't have to like it. Hell, I don't have to like it - I just have to do it. You don't, so fuck off with your perfect world bullshit.

Ah, shit!
I just noticed I'm dealing with someone who has the color of power in their stars. I know your not Callaway. I'll be damned if I can figure out who I'm talking to half the time, here.
Doesn't really change anything. Prank me if you need to.

:D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 11:13:02 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2007, 11:10:12 PM »
i NEVER said i wouldn't make the same sacrifices. FUCK OFF yourself. what pisses me off is you assume what i think. you don't know what i think from what i said i hope could be done in a perfect world. :finger:

i said should, i never said it could. fuck off assumer. :finger: :finger: :finger:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2007, 11:15:20 PM »
i NEVER said i wouldn't make the same sacrifices. FUCK OFF yourself. what pisses me off is you assume what i think. you don't know what i think from what i said i hope could be done in a perfect world. :finger:

i said should, i never said it could. fuck off assumer. :finger: :finger: :finger:

Just responding to your post as posted. I was not aware there should be several more posts to try to get your meaning straight. I'll remember that.

:wanker:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2007, 11:17:26 PM »
this is an aspie board, there are miscommunications. :wanker: what are you, NT?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2007, 11:24:29 PM »
this is an aspie board, there are miscommunications. :wanker: what are you, NT?
Miscommunication, sure. Perfect world if everyone would just, whatever. I don't think so.

I guess that ends the conversation, eh, Nazi.

:violin:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2007, 11:27:17 PM »
asshole. you're still not seeing what i'm saying. nevermatter, your brain matter is too fluffy to grasp it.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2007, 11:28:35 PM »
Ah, shit!
I just noticed I'm dealing with someone who has the color of power in their stars. I know your not Callaway. I'll be damned if I can figure out who I'm talking to half the time, here.
Doesn't really change anything. Prank me if you need to.

:D

Moony is Milla.

I admire you for doing what you need to do for your family, DirtDawg.

My husband had a job in the past where they took his hair to test for drugs.  That is a drug test that goes back for a longer time.  He was reluctant to even eat poppyseed muffins.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2007, 11:31:51 PM »
i don't prank people against their will, no matter how annoying they are. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2007, 11:50:21 PM »
Just ask renaeden what happened when she used recreational substances...

what happened when renaeden used recreational substances? she became really sober?
Didn't know this was here.
Anyway, I took LSD and stared at cloud patterns all night.
I took Ecstasy twice but nothing happened but the other people with me were off their heads.
I have smoked marijuana a fair few times and I started to get very paranoid on it so I stopped.
That is about it.

I wish they would make Dexamphetamine long-acting so I can take it once before work and that's it. Going to have to work out a way in the new job to take it without being noticeable.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2007, 11:54:35 PM »
you can put them in a mint container. or something. or in take in the bathroom. there's at least water there and noone can see.

pot never did anything but i didn't smoke enough of it. i dunno. i just had a few puffs, once i bonged and that didn't do anything either.

i love dexamphetamine.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2007, 02:37:56 AM »
BTW, I voted as a substance abuser. I will do anything that promises to make me "feel good."  I'm a doper, but I've never been busted, never overdone it to the point of external attention and never ended up in the hospital, except for my experiments with Melatonin.

I have had to make a few choices lately to stay "clean,"  due to the policies at work. Otherwise, I would probably smoke a little dope to get to sleep, each night. It would really help me get to sleep, but I would lose my job, when I get caught.

</confessional>

that annoys the shit out of me. unless you work in a role which directly affects the safety of others, e.g. air traffic controller, *insert vehicle here* driver, why the fuck is it an employer's business what you choose to partake of outside working hours (providing of course you don't show up for work off your chops)? luckily drug testing employees is much less common on this side of the pond. invasion of fucking liberties. :tantrum:

I'd be tempted to stick a little amphetamine in the water cooler.  Would they fire everyone then?  Including themselves?

They'd have to prove intent, I think, and that goes for every such case, policy or no policy. In practical terms, I doubt that is a problem unless you catch two dozen people high on amphetamines.

From what I've read about it, if you test positive and can't produce a prescription, you're auto-fired.  I've never read a case where the employer had to prove anything, or even offer or allow a re-test.

In this country, at least, you could go to a court (with help from your union, usually) and have them retry the case. Surely, if several people tested positive, all of a sudden, there would be enough reason to do that?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2007, 03:09:49 AM »
Whoa, what's wrong with that? I agree, more or less. And I know what a pain in the ass it is to look for a job; it's one of my least favorite activities. I don't even do drugs. I just don't like the fact that WalMart gets to fucking pick and choose who gets to fill their shitty $7 an hour stocking work.

So, what are you saying?

You agree with what? You know it's a pain in the ass to find a decent job and you don't do drugs. How are you insulted and by what, exactly?

Any potential employer, even the evil giant, Walmart, has the right to hire by any standard they choose, as long as they don't reject any prospective applicants, based upon a religious, racial, creed, color, blah, blah ...

How is this a problem for you?

... or are you saying that I am being a little closed minded, now that I have begun to make personal progress once again?

I really don't have a clue what you are trying to say.

I don't think I can straighten it out, because I'm not really sure what you think I was trying to say. It's too hard to find bad work, is all. Companies like WalMart (old hat, I know) kill all the competition for low paying, entry level work and then make potential applicants jump through hoops to get a job (they have an online "character" test that takes something like an hour and a half to fill out).
!!Super atomic enema!!

The_P

« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2007, 02:17:35 PM »
they want healthy employees. but i don't see them telling fat people to stop eating. ::) how the hell are we allowing them to dictate out lives, i mean where is the world going? people have to stand up and refuse to take that shit.

You need to fuck off, unless you really know what it's like to try to get a fucking job. You have the attitude of an unemployed idiot.

:minusevil:

People are unemployed for various reasons, and that doesn't necessarily make them an idiot as such.

I would finish this post off with another ad hominem attack of mine, but I don't think that this statement applies to me personally.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm a bit tipsy tonight.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:22:06 PM by Ad Hominem Losah »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2007, 07:51:29 PM »
you can put them in a mint container. or something. or in take in the bathroom. there's at least water there and noone can see.

pot never did anything but i didn't smoke enough of it. i dunno. i just had a few puffs, once i bonged and that didn't do anything either.

i love dexamphetamine.
That is what I used to do. Or get the pills from my locker and put them in my mouth when no one was looking and then get a drink from the water cooler. I just don't know what it will be like at the new workplace.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2007, 08:38:03 PM »
Sorry to hear pot did nothing for you, but that is how it is with some people actually.   It isn't always that strong anyways, unless you get really good stuff.   Just because a bud looks pretty, it does not mean it is potent THC wise.
:P   Internets are super serious.