Poll

how many of yous is what one would call a substance abuser?

i am! i love abusing substances.
6 (23.1%)
i never touch any substances! i am clean as a whistle!
5 (19.2%)
i only drink booze and shit
10 (38.5%)
i only do drugs, no booze
1 (3.8%)
i do drugs and booze cuz they are teh awesome
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: do you self-medicate?  (Read 4810 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: do you self-medicate?
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »
agreed. :plus:

Dawg, i appreciate what you're saying, i'm very passionate about stuff and get into a blind rage when someone misunderstands my intentions or what i'm trying to say. i lost my cool, not unlike me. :P and you're on edge cuz you're on edge, i get that. if i had to work outside home i'd probably have people's heads for dinner when i came home. :P

i do understand you have to provide for your family. i guess my badly communicated point was, i find it frustrating you do, and so many do. it's not fair. you should be able to wear what you want and be paid and treated fairly. noone can make a change by quitting their job. not unless people access a state of being where they all communicate like the Borg and make a decision together to do so at the same time. but people are individuals, they are cynical and scared to lose their livelihood. and that's how "the man" keeps them down. it just frustrates me. there's a collective fear in the world and it keeps the masses in check, otherwise the few rich assholes wouldn't have power. if there was an international, interprofessional strike, they would lose their power. people would see they are not alone. but people are cut off from each other. that's the source of the problem. i think.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2007, 03:15:58 AM »
 :plus: for both of you.

duncvis

« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2007, 04:13:33 AM »
Now THATS the spirit Intensity was built on. The cameraderie of the outcast and rebellious - argue like bastards, then make up over beer. :beergrin:

GalileoAce

« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2007, 04:16:57 AM »
Beer?...  Got any Whiskey?

duncvis

« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2007, 04:18:34 AM »
pick yer own poison. :glug:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2007, 04:31:27 AM »
Now THATS the spirit Intensity was built on. The cameraderie of the outcast and rebellious - argue like bastards, then make up over beer. :beergrin:

now i just have to get some beer then. or will wine do?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #171 on: December 01, 2007, 05:21:13 AM »

I thought we made up over sex. :-\

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2007, 05:24:01 AM »
Now THATS the spirit Intensity was built on.

I thought Intensity was built on beer. ???
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

GalileoAce

« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2007, 05:33:21 AM »

So that's the bitter aftertaste.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2007, 05:36:29 AM »

So that's the bitter aftertaste.

Er, no. That's the diapers.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2007, 06:23:53 AM »

try vodka. that's a spirit.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2007, 06:33:17 AM »
agreed. :plus:

Dawg, i appreciate what you're saying, i'm very passionate about stuff and get into a blind rage when someone misunderstands my intentions or what i'm trying to say. i lost my cool, not unlike me. :P and you're on edge cuz you're on edge, i get that. if i had to work outside home i'd probably have people's heads for dinner when i came home. :P

i do understand you have to provide for your family. i guess my badly communicated point was, i find it frustrating you do, and so many do. it's not fair. you should be able to wear what you want and be paid and treated fairly. noone can make a change by quitting their job. not unless people access a state of being where they all communicate like the Borg and make a decision together to do so at the same time. but people are individuals, they are cynical and scared to lose their livelihood. and that's how "the man" keeps them down. it just frustrates me. there's a collective fear in the world and it keeps the masses in check, otherwise the few rich angel fluffy bunnahs wouldn't have power. if there was an international, interprofessional strike, they would lose their power. people would see they are not alone. but people are cut off from each other. that's the source of the problem. i think.

I completely get what you are saying, today. I totally agree.

:plus:

Wine will do, quite nicely. I won't even need a glass, just a corkscrew.

Cheers!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2007, 06:53:15 AM »
:slams bottles together, turns them up, notices small dribble on Milla's chin, licks:

Now that's a good way to start the day!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2007, 06:59:37 AM »
 :laugh:  :-*

i got wine yay. J.P. Chenet Merlot. 8)
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2007, 09:17:45 AM »
Bah, fraternizers. Don't I get an apology? You hurt my feelings too.
!!Super atomic enema!!