Educational

Poll

how many of yous is what one would call a substance abuser?

i am! i love abusing substances.
6 (23.1%)
i never touch any substances! i am clean as a whistle!
5 (19.2%)
i only drink booze and shit
10 (38.5%)
i only do drugs, no booze
1 (3.8%)
i do drugs and booze cuz they are teh awesome
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: do you self-medicate?  (Read 4838 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: do you self-medicate?
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2007, 08:54:34 PM »
I liked pot better than any other drug as far as relaxing and relieving my anxiety and think it's a shame that it's illegal I feel it could help a lot of people.  I am out of my mind with anxiety at the moment and it would help a lot but I have to settle for my legal remedy I never seem to have enough of klonopin   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2007, 10:10:12 PM »
Pot actually increased my anxiety the one time I tried it, but it was due to the fact I was around other people while observing myself lose inhibitions. I was afraid of what I would do so I detached and went into shutdown until the sensations passed.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2007, 01:49:17 AM »
Sorry to hear pot did nothing for you, but that is how it is with some people actually.   It isn't always that strong anyways, unless you get really good stuff.   Just because a bud looks pretty, it does not mean it is potent THC wise.
I smoked some once and then I twitched for hours. I couldn't go to sleep. I wonder what caused that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2007, 01:57:15 AM »
Maybe the pot.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2007, 03:57:13 AM »
The pot and my brain mixed together.  :laugh:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2007, 04:01:15 PM »
Weed has only made me more relaxed.   My friend Matt gets paranoid sometimes, but that is due to it being illegal and us smoking somewhere somewhat in risk of being caught.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2007, 05:07:15 PM »
Weed has only made me more relaxed.   My friend Matt gets paranoid sometimes, but that is due to it being illegal and us smoking somewhere somewhat in risk of being caught.

Risk is a decent high in itself. Too bad it makes him apparanoid.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2007, 05:28:05 PM »
I get paranoid all the time when i smoke nowadays.
Dont know wether it is the strain of weed, or the hypomania or whatever they call it nowadays ( i have cyclothimia - ive read articles recently that it is not good for it - but there is so much anti-drug shit on the internet i dont know what to believe).
Anyway, i have a supply of weed left that i am too feared to use.
Quite a predicament.  :hide:

richard

« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2007, 05:47:37 PM »
hell no!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2007, 06:02:10 PM »
hell no!

Richard, the question includes Blue Ribbon forties.

:asthing:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2007, 07:52:33 PM »

THC, over extended usage, tends to cause paranoia.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2007, 06:17:12 AM »
i do drugs and booze cuz they are teh awesome

I don't abuse drugs, they abuse me.

Actually I turn out fine after a binge, but my mate who also lives in my head has a rough time of it.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2007, 06:17:31 PM »
they want healthy employees. but i don't see them telling fat people to stop eating. ::) how the hell are we allowing them to dictate out lives, i mean where is the world going? people have to stand up and refuse to take that shit.

You need to fuck off, unless you really know what it's like to try to get a fucking job. You have the attitude of an unemployed idiot.

:minusevil:

yeah and if you had read my next posts you would know i know it's hard. :minusevil: right back at you angel fluffy bunnah!

yeah i'm unemployed for good fucking reason.

i know how hard it is to find a fucking job you angel fluffy bunnah. i could never find one. cuz of how i am. so don't tell me i don't know. i was just saying what i think people should do, as a collective. i didn't mean any one person should do it alone. but maybe you'd know that if you'd asked me before you fucking gheyed me you hothead. :finger:

edit: can't type when mad gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nothing to be mad about, anyway. You posted from what I believe promotes a fools mentality. I merely called it such.

I chose to make personal sacrifices to try and find a lifestyle that makes some sense in my situation. You don't have to like it. Hell, I don't have to like it - I just have to do it. You don't, so fuck off with your perfect world bullshit.

Ah, shit!
I just noticed I'm dealing with someone who has the color of power in their stars. I know your not Callaway. I'll be damned if I can figure out who I'm talking to half the time, here.
Doesn't really change anything. Prank me if you need to.

:D
i NEVER said i wouldn't make the same sacrifices. FUCK OFF yourself. what pisses me off is you assume what i think. you don't know what i think from what i said i hope could be done in a perfect world. :finger:

i said should, i never said it could. fuck off assumer. :finger: :finger: :finger:

Just responding to your post as posted. I was not aware there should be several more posts to try to get your meaning straight. I'll remember that.

:wanker:
this is an aspie board, there are miscommunications. :wanker: what are you, NT?
Miscommunication, sure. Perfect world if everyone would just, whatever. I don't think so.

I guess that ends the conversation, eh, Nazi.

:violin:

Hi, Milla,

I'm dusting off this thread, because I feel that I treated you unfairly, a few nights ago, and I owe you an explanantion out of respect for you. It seems obvious that we were not communicating at all, that night, nor did I care who I was talking to, partly because I was overstimmed the point of seeking personal defenses. Some personal defenses, as you know, take on the form of offense. I also used your provocative comments, which I normally bask within, as a direction to vent some of my spleen's foulness.

BUT ... You are right!! Our world is in need of some changes. I just have no idea how to implement them. If I am the person I want to be, then I get stepped on. If I assert myself, I feel like a user.

These companies expect a lot out of their employees for little monetary return. Not only do they test us for drugs, make us pass personality profiles, and expect us to memorize buzz-phrases, they tell us how to dress! That's right, we have a dress code we must follow if we are to remain employed. I must wear khakis pants with a black belt, black shoes, but not trainers, a blue shirt which they supply and we cannot have more than one piercing visible or more than one tattoo visible. I actually make fifty percent more than other comparable companies from dealing with their rules and I also have a chance to advance within the company, put in writing, but the "DOING" causes me some of the same stresses it would cause to you. I am only judging from what you have posted about yourself not pretending to know much about you.

When I came home that night, I was extremely overstimmed from too much personal contact and trying to deal with it as best as I could, still searching for some justification for my existence, while knowing that if I am to continue in my present place as a father and tutor of small children, acceptable husband to a cherished wife and homemaker in general, I MUST find that justification and find it fucking fast! I saw your comment and obviously had no idea what you were saying. I interpreted your statement as a personal attack, making it out that I was giving up my truesoul to be a tool for a big companyl ...or something. like that.
There may be a bit of truth to my misinterpretation, in fact.

If you have ever seen the Hitchcock movie, "The Birds,"  remember one of the final scenes, when the stars were leaving the island in a car and all the birds were somewhat calm, but still present and gathering, every where you looked, still watching their every move, still a danger to them, still could be agitated by the slightest wrong movement.. These people have been pecked half to death, but they will survive, if they can only get away. This is how I feel sometimes when I leave work. It's like that fucking movie! I WILL make it, but I need to get out, right now and go somewhere to heal!

I often come to Intensity to heal, because, as I have said mroe than once, there is power in fraternity and I feel AT ONE with many people here, you included! You, especially, more than some others.

The reason that I am putting this in public view, rather than in a cowardly PM, is that I want everyone to know that I am not some sage father figure or big brother to look up to. I am a fifty two year old, bratty child, sometimes, still feeling his way blindly around a world that baffles him and makes him want to die  or kill at times, but also gives him (this child, ME)  the only pleasures he can conceive.

The way I want to look at what we exchanged the other night is that, we are both passionate people and have much love/hate for each other. I want the balance to weigh down the love side, though. I don't mind a spirited argument, but I feel that neither of us were prepared to defend ourselves in an intelligent way and both resorted to mindless defenses. I remain humble enough to accept more than fifty percent foul. Your call. I could apologize, but you probably have enough stuff to wipe your arse on, already, so let's just agree to tolerate the other's differences and go on to the next day.

If this whole fucking thing sounds like a big whine, so be it. It is merely meant to point out that we are not that different in many ways and that the sacrifices one must make to deal with the ""real world"" (employment search or what ever!) can be extraordinarily damaging to, what I consider to be, good psychological health.

I am hoping that you can accept my arrogance and agree that most of what we had harsh words over was a fluke.

Still love ya,

Dawg

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 06:19:19 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2007, 06:21:59 PM »
:plus: Dawg for integrity and respect.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2007, 07:09:07 PM »
:plus: Dawg for integrity and respect.

Ditto :plus: