Poll

how many of yous is what one would call a substance abuser?

i am! i love abusing substances.
6 (23.1%)
i never touch any substances! i am clean as a whistle!
5 (19.2%)
i only drink booze and shit
10 (38.5%)
i only do drugs, no booze
1 (3.8%)
i do drugs and booze cuz they are teh awesome
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: do you self-medicate?  (Read 4856 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: do you self-medicate?
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2007, 07:13:19 PM »

BTW, I voted as a substance abuser. I will do anything that promises to make me "feel good."  I'm a doper, but I've never been busted, never overdone it to the point of external attention and never ended up in the hospital, except for my experiments with Melatonin.

I have had to make a few choices lately to stay "clean,"  due to the policies at work. Otherwise, I would probably smoke a little dope to get to sleep, each night. It would really help me get to sleep, but I would lose my job, when I get caught.

I want to hear about you ODing on melatonin and being hospitalised.

I already posted this.

... maybe two months ago. It happened in late June.

I don't think you can actually OD. I had taken three (five mil? Don't remember ... it was "confiscated") tabs over three hours. It did not agree with my system.

Who confiscated it?  What gives them the right to confiscate things?

My doctor. No "rights" necessary.
I gave him permission to run all the tests he could fathom, against my personal serum which he also had a sizable quantity of, to peruse. I wanted to know what was going on. He still has no answer, but I suspect he is in unknown territory, trying to figure out what makes me ME.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
Here's a handly dandy link to what they test for http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing_info1.shtml

I will not go for a job that requires it even though I have prescriptions for my anxiety meds that I take them and why is none of their business.  Also I feel I would be discriminated on the basis that I take them at all. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2007, 07:18:36 PM »
they want healthy employees. but i don't see them telling fat people to stop eating. ::) how the hell are we allowing them to dictate out lives, i mean where is the world going? people have to stand up and refuse to take that shit.

You need to fuck off, unless you really know what it's like to try to get a fucking job. You have the attitude of an unemployed idiot.

:minusevil:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2007, 07:24:42 PM »
Whoa, what's wrong with that? I agree, more or less. And I know what a pain in the ass it is to look for a job; it's one of my least favorite activities. I don't even do drugs. I just don't like the fact that WalMart gets to fucking pick and choose who gets to fill their shitty $7 an hour stocking work.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2007, 07:29:10 PM »
Here's a handly dandy link to what they test for http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing_info1.shtml

I will not go for a job that requires it even though I have prescriptions for my anxiety meds that I take them and why is none of their business.  Also I feel I would be discriminated on the basis that I take them at all. 

I have a print out of my test. They tested for everything listed in that link and about thirty others.

If you search erowid and a few other druggie sites, you will find pure urine in dried form that you can buy to fake the tests using pure water. The only problem with that is most testing facilities have tainted water in their stalls. You would have to sneak in a small quantity of distilled water to use for the test. Any clorine, flouride or other additive used to process city water would show that you have tried to fake the test.

It is a fine science.

... and becoming finer as the future approaches. You can not fool them, easily.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2007, 07:32:56 PM »
I was tested once years ago in a workman's comp case they measured the temperature of the urine when I gave it to them.  I since quit that company and am self employed now.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2007, 08:03:11 PM »
I was tested once years ago in a workman's comp case they measured the temperature of the urine when I gave it to them.  I since quit that company and am self employed now.

Yes, that's always the first test. Kind of difficult to fake the temperature. They won't even bother with further testing, if the temperature is not right, within a degree or two.

... but you could hold a small vial of water under your arm for about an hour or maybe between your legs and the temperature would probably pass.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2007, 08:09:35 PM »

Yes, that's always the first test. Kind of difficult to fake the temperature. They won't even bother with further testing, if the temperature is not right, within a degree or two.

... but you could hold a small vial of water under your arm for about an hour or maybe between your legs and the temperature would probably pass.

I was on no meds at the moment and wanted my free tetanus shot.  That company does preemployment screening now and random, along with when you get hurt.
Like I said even with a Rx I feel I would be passed over because of it and the way people think it's a weakness to use them.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2007, 08:12:21 PM »
Whoa, what's wrong with that? I agree, more or less. And I know what a pain in the ass it is to look for a job; it's one of my least favorite activities. I don't even do drugs. I just don't like the fact that WalMart gets to fucking pick and choose who gets to fill their shitty $7 an hour stocking work.

So, what are you saying?

You agree with what? You know it's a pain in the ass to find a decent job and you don't do drugs. How are you insulted and by what, exactly?

Any potential employer, even the evil giant, Walmart, has the right to hire by any standard they choose, as long as they don't reject any prospective applicants, based upon a religious, racial, creed, color, blah, blah ...

How is this a problem for you?

... or are you saying that I am being a little closed minded, now that I have begun to make personal progress once again?

I really don't have a clue what you are trying to say.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:17:24 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2007, 08:16:20 PM »

I was on no meds at the moment and wanted my free tetanus shot.  That company does preemployment screening now and random, along with when you get hurt.
Like I said even with a Rx I feel I would be passed over because of it and the way people think it's a weakness to use them.

But, using an "approved" prescription drug is not a weakness. Your prescription would allow you a "by" on the exact drug families that showed up in your tests.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2007, 08:22:36 PM »

But, using an "approved" prescription drug is not a weakness. Your prescription would allow you a "by" on the exact drug families that showed up in your tests.

But they would show up and have to be explained.  Many people I have met even these days look at any type of anxiety problem as a weakness a lot of my family looks down upon it unfortunately .  I know they shouldn't and employers are not supposed to but I work in the somewhat "macho" field of construction and these things are frowned upon and in their eyes makes you a liability.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »

But they would show up and have to be explained.  Many people I have met even these days look at any type of anxiety problem as a weakness a lot of my family looks down upon it unfortunately .  I know they shouldn't and employers are not supposed to but I work in the somewhat "macho" field of construction and these things are frowned upon and in their eyes makes you a liability.

Sucks that your "peers" can not see the strength that it takes to actually work your way towards finding something to help you and the courage to stick with it long enough to actually start to get some benefits from it and the stamina it takes to cope with the various side effects. You are not the weak one, my friend.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2007, 09:44:47 PM »

Sucks that your "peers" can not see the strength that it takes to actually work your way towards finding something to help you and the courage to stick with it long enough to actually start to get some benefits from it and the stamina it takes to cope with the various side effects. You are not the weak one, my friend.

Thanks :plus: it's just seems so some days.  I keep most of this stuff very private here people understand or don't care which is one of the reasons I like it.  It's funny the same people who look at me funny think nothing of taking illegal drugs or driving drunk

George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2007, 09:51:04 PM »
They will say that an employee on drugs endangers everyone regardless of their duties ::)

Yes, a librarian on amphetamine is an obvious menace, a danger to the planet.

Well if the librarian is high he might not call Homeland Insecurity on you when you take out subversive books  :wanker:

more likely he would since amphetamines make you extremely vigilant. :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2007, 09:57:15 PM »
they want healthy employees. but i don't see them telling fat people to stop eating. ::) how the hell are we allowing them to dictate out lives, i mean where is the world going? people have to stand up and refuse to take that shit.

You need to fuck off, unless you really know what it's like to try to get a fucking job. You have the attitude of an unemployed idiot.

:minusevil:

yeah and if you had read my next posts you would know i know it's hard. :minusevil: right back at you angel fluffy bunnah!

yeah i'm unemployed for good fucking reason.

i know how hard it is to find a fucking job you angel fluffy bunnah. i could never find one. cuz of how i am. so don't tell me i don't know. i was just saying what i think people should do, as a collective. i didn't mean any one person should do it alone. but maybe you'd know that if you'd asked me before you fucking gheyed me you hothead. :finger:

edit: can't type when mad gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:01:38 PM by Moony »
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: