Educational

Author Topic: Calandale  (Read 1431 times)

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
Calandale
« on: November 19, 2007, 06:33:03 PM »
I think he's been kind of bullied here. Seems kind of harsh to blame him for the death of the WC, just because he took an active interest in it, which really no one else did.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Soph

Re: Calandale
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:43:47 PM »
calandale is cool
i think of him whenever i see the pigeons near my sophie tree  :laugh:

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 06:45:08 PM »
Who is WC?

I like Calandale  :)
Booyah.

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 06:48:48 PM »
Can't help but notice that he hasn't been reinstated.

WC stands for Wallaby Cheesecake, a special cheesecake made with wallaby milk. Calandale killed it somehow. I don't know how.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Soph

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 06:49:45 PM »
you just reminded me i forgot to eat my donut last night :(

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 06:50:38 PM »
I did?
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:19:32 PM »
Who is WC?

WC is the World Council. It was an experiment in self government that the Webmasters of this site attempted for its membership. Had it been a success and had you had been around a while longer, you would have been invited to join, automatically.

The original idea was that the WC should be mostly inclusive of the entire, dedicated membership and we, as a group, would decide the direction of the site by discussion. One of the problems was that there were a few members who were more interested in protocols and making up superfluous rules than actually having fun with the site. I have even seen Calandale post that all this rule mongering, nitpicking, and prescription for possibilities WAS fun to him.

There were a few more people who just wanted for the site's World Council to decide what to do about problems, as those problems arose.

One of the reasons Calandale must take some responsibility, along with the entire WC membership, for the demise of the WC is that he attempted to project farther into the future than many wanted to go. This created a rift. He, along with some others, wanted to change the way things were, to a more formal representation of some imagined democracy.

I like Calandale, too.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 07:23:57 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 07:23:15 PM »
I liked the Wallaby Cheesecake explenation more.
Booyah.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 07:31:35 PM »
I liked the Wallaby Cheesecake explenation more.

I did, too, even without ever tasting wallaby milk.

I seem to understand, instinctively, that effluent from wallaby mammaries could become cheese and that cheesecake is one of the most holy ways to enjoy milk, but the thought had not yet crossed my mind.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 08:05:06 PM »
Who is WC?

WC is the World Council. It was an experiment in self government that the Webmasters of this site attempted for its membership. Had it been a success and had you had been around a while longer, you would have been invited to join, automatically.

The original idea was that the WC should be mostly inclusive of the entire, dedicated membership and we, as a group, would decide the direction of the site by discussion. One of the problems was that there were a few members who were more interested in protocols and making up superfluous rules than actually having fun with the site. I have even seen Calandale post that all this rule mongering, nitpicking, and prescription for possibilities WAS fun to him.

There were a few more people who just wanted for the site's World Council to decide what to do about problems, as those problems arose.

One of the reasons Calandale must take some responsibility, along with the entire WC membership, for the demise of the WC is that he attempted to project farther into the future than many wanted to go. This created a rift. He, along with some others, wanted to change the way things were, to a more formal representation of some imagined democracy.

Fixed and QFT! :plus:  But I have to wait an hour to plus you since I already did! :-*

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 10:17:31 PM »
Meh. I'll concede your point, DirtDawg, but it doesn't change the fact that herd mentality has taken hold of some our our distinguished members.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 11:16:57 PM »
Calandale rules. :)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 01:00:30 AM »
Meh. I'll concede your point, DirtDawg, but it doesn't change the fact that herd mentality has taken hold of some our our distinguished members.

::)

mind you, i like the "distinguished members" bit.  :laugh:

and it's hardly bullying - if he can't take it, he shouldn't dish it out.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 01:17:44 AM »
he can take it, he's no pussy! :evillaugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 02:10:50 AM »

::)

mind you, i like the "distinguished members" bit.  :laugh:

and it's hardly bullying - if he can't take it, he shouldn't dish it out.

I guess it's needless to mention that intensity doesn't have any non-distinguished members, so I won't.  :laugh:
!!Super atomic enema!!