Educational

Author Topic: people here anti ASD science?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: people here anti ASD science?
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2007, 12:13:19 PM »
are you so sure they need help with learning? i wouldn't want someone messing with my brain to make me able to concentrate on stuff that doesn't interest me.

i think morphing autistics into something that can function without "curing" them is undoable and trying to have your cake and eat it too.

what are these associative pathway thingies? they sound like the ones that make me think too much lol
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2007, 12:17:30 PM »
You're looking at it right now: a sad, lonely, fat internet loser.

hey i like that movie.

I'm always trying to find things that'll help me to function better.  I got put on a low dose of dextroamphetamine a little while ago, and it's helping me to stay awake.  Without it, I tend to pretty much pass out half-way through the day.  It's the first thing I've tried that's helped me rather than screwed me up, though the benefits at this dose are pretty limited.

i pass out in the middle of the day too. lately i can't stay awake the whole day even when i sleep at night. it's 6pm and i just woke up. but maybe it's anemia. but even when it's not i tend to sleep lots and take naps. :yawn: give it up Pete, join the sleeper's club. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

The_P

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2007, 12:23:22 PM »
are you so sure they need help with learning? i wouldn't want someone messing with my brain to make me able to concentrate on stuff that doesn't interest me.

i think morphing autistics into something that can function without "curing" them is undoable and trying to have your cake and eat it too.

what are these associative pathway thingies? they sound like the ones that make me think too much lol

Wtf? Some nobody of a researcher is implying that I need help with learning and yet I write far better than she does? Get the fuck out of my internet.

Enough with the pity shit: we don't need it.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2007, 12:28:07 PM »
why are you quoting me i'm not the researcher? :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

The_P

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2007, 12:49:25 PM »
why are you quoting me i'm not the researcher? :P

I wrote a response to the person you were referring to, not you, sugar plum.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2007, 12:50:58 PM »
oh. my aspie brain didn't get that. :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »

i mentioned earlier some of the things... networks to process information from sensory stuff mainly... fear response, audio and visual processing... beyond just how those sensory networks work... how they integrate.

dunno... from how i imagine it you wouldnt even do anything unless your kid was having trouble... and you dont have to do anytrhing

we dunno about this stuff yet though... could just be a bunch of garbage.  lol
I am the Steppenwolf who never learned to dance.

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2007, 01:07:07 PM »
You're looking at it right now: a sad, lonely, fat internet loser.

hey i like that movie.

I'm always trying to find things that'll help me to function better.  I got put on a low dose of dextroamphetamine a little while ago, and it's helping me to stay awake.  Without it, I tend to pretty much pass out half-way through the day.  It's the first thing I've tried that's helped me rather than screwed me up, though the benefits at this dose are pretty limited.

i pass out in the middle of the day too. lately i can't stay awake the whole day even when i sleep at night. it's 6pm and i just woke up. but maybe it's anemia. but even when it's not i tend to sleep lots and take naps. :yawn: give it up Pete, join the sleeper's club. :P

im having issues now that it's past daylight's savings... and it's light (BRIGHT) way earlier.. that plus i cant seem to sleep b4 2am = me bitchy all day and crashing at random times

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2007, 01:09:19 PM »

Wtf? Some nobody of a researcher is implying that I need help with learning and yet I write far better than she does? Get the fuck out of my internet.

im not pitying you

associative learning has no direct link to intellect... try at least cruising wiki (on your internet) b4 damning

im an excellent writer as well... so GTFO MY INTERNET  <3

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »
i can't sleep nights cuz i watch Voyager. :P then i'm on here until morning/noon and go to sleep, then i watch the OC at 1pm or something, if i can be assed, today i just slept past that, then i watch Stargate from 3-5pm, i slept past that too and instead dreamt of Stargate, and go back to sleep and then i wake up around 9pm to be online or watch TV, and then either til it's 1am and Voyager's on. :yawn: sometimes i can't be assed with the grueling schedule, but i try. :yawn:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2007, 01:17:04 PM »
i prefer night because it's dark and quiet. too noisy and light during the day. and hot in summer.

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
i can't sleep nights cuz i watch Voyager. :P then i'm on here until morning/noon and go to sleep, then i watch the OC at 1pm or something, if i can be assed, today i just slept past that, then i watch Stargate from 3-5pm, i slept past that too and instead dreamt of Stargate, and go back to sleep and then i wake up around 9pm to be online or watch TV, and then either til it's 1am and Voyager's on. :yawn: sometimes i can't be assed with the grueling schedule, but i try. :yawn:

i play WoW... because i just moved from West Coast to East Coast... I'm still on a West Coast Server... some some nights, im up til 4am raiding.... and have to be at work/class @ 9am.

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2007, 01:18:56 PM »
i prefer night because it's dark and quiet. too noisy and light during the day. and hot in summer.

yeah... id rather sleep during day anyway... was always my summer schedule while growing up... pissed my parents off to no end... eating dinner for breakfast... if they could get me up!

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2007, 01:20:51 PM »
i don't want to waste the night by sleeping when i can waste the day. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »

and pft... you've not demonstrated any particularly marvelous writing squealz to me yet... nor have i here... or do i generally do so whilst making short posts on forum boards.

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP