Author Topic: Canadian police taser a guy to death  (Read 735 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Canadian police taser a guy to death
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 10:53:29 PM »
they can't know if someone has a heart condition. this should be also covered in training. they should only use it in extreme situations...not when someone flings a chair around.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 11:33:21 PM »
The voltage at which tazers operate are more than enough to be lethal.  The idea is that the two prongs discharge close together so that they don't discharge through the heart.  However, if multiple tazers are in operation it is entirely possible for there to be enough current to stop the heart.  And there's nothing to say that the prongs won't be in just the right place to discharge through the heart.

This is also true, but there is no need for the current to traverse the heart. There are a number of nerve centers in the body, which interrupting, could have a similar effect. There is an extreme danger in discharging multiple Tasers on one person, simultaneously. This is well known.

I can't imagine police training leaving this important detail out.

I can't imagine police training
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »
Here's a follow up I think the RCMP is in for some trouble
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

richard

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 05:15:42 PM »
yah know these cops are outta control with the tasers. i think they are dangerous as fuck and shouldnt be used by law enforcement!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:20:44 PM by Ihsahn »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »
yah know these cops are outta control with the tasers. i think they are dangerous as fuck and should be used ON law enforcement!
There thats  better

George Bernard Shaw

richard

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 05:19:53 PM »
oh shit! i didnt mean to say that, oh well. yeah i agree!

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 10:19:19 PM »
Seems that they don't want anyone seeing the video of what happened.  A bystander recorded it, and handed the camera to the police on the promise that everything would be returned within 48 hours, but they switched the memory stick for a new one and kept the one with the footage on it, which they aren't making public:

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 05:53:10 PM »
Now in Utah for a traffic stop for not signing the ticket and asking questions you get tasered  :grrr:
(CBS/AP) Authorities are expediting an investigation of a state trooper who zapped a motorist with a Taser after video of the incident was posted on YouTube, the Utah Highway Patrol said Wednesday.

"It definitely put a little bit of conflict out there. We definitely have received a lot of feedback on it, calls and e-mail," said Trooper Cameron Roden, a spokesman for the highway patrol.

This is what the guy said about how it felt
"Fear, panic - it's the scariest moment of my life," he said. "I get tasered, and I hit the ground, and I really, to be honest with you, thought that my life was ending. It's the most horrific thing that's ever happened to me."

George Bernard Shaw