Author Topic: Have a Question?  (Read 231 times)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Have a Question?
« on: November 15, 2007, 02:31:43 PM »
About My Drinking for Alcohol Treatment I need to ask.

What type of behaviors/actions have friends objected to the most?
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Have a Question?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 05:10:58 PM »

This is a very difficult question to answer, Kevv!

First, you are not really an obnoxious drunk, online, so your drunken behavior is not something that I find hard to tolerate. In fact, I find it hard to recognize, when I pop in for a minute and you have been drinking all night. Your typing sucks, but after two beers, so does mine. You are not a belligerent person, even after a good bit of alcohol. You are still a nice guy, for the most part, even drunk.

I don't really know how much you drink, but a case of beer at a single setting would kick my ass. Really! It's not really about a quantity, though. Alcohol affects us all in different ways and, on top of that, it affects us differently, depending on how much we drink and, again, depending on HOW we drink and WHY we drink. Alcohol is a fickle mistress.

The main thing I fear is that you have lost control of yourself, at times. Some of us seek this displacement of ourselves, but some kind of real life tether is necessary. This is where some local, outside help is beneficial to you. There are times when we all need a reality check.

Any time we see someone we care about, doing things that could possibly harm them, we are distressed. I fear for your liver and your retirement from life's difficult times. You are still a young(ish) man and there is a great deal of time for you to do the things that are your favorites, the things YOU care about, if you want. I would not want for you to miss these things, even though I am not really sure what they all are.

So, I guess what I am saying is that I don't really object to your behaviors, but I don't want to see you miss out on things that you want to do, either. I am afraid that you may have lost some control of your own way, in recent months.

It's an impossible question, Kevv!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 05:49:03 PM »
Friends have rarely objected to me being drunk, but im not really a 'nasty' drunk; most would say it is hard to know the difference whether i am drunk or not.
Maybe more agressive when drunk, but only if provoked

It's hard to know what you are asking, my parents seem to worry when i drink all the time, but it is not so much my behaviour, just my motivation as to why i am drinking.
I like to spend at least one day a week sobre - that way i know i have some control. And sometimes after a binge, i force myself to have a few days sobre because i know otherwise my mental health will suffer ( or is suffering). That's not to say i cant have a glass of wine, just that i dont open another bottle.

I remember a few months ago, my father's friend was talking about his daughter's wedding. That he was a recovering alcoholic had not had a drink in nearly ten years and was worried about having a glass of champagne. I just thought that was completely ridiculous.

I drink, and i have drunk heavily in the past. But it's a tricky question.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 08:51:55 PM »
About My Drinking for Alcohol Treatment I need to ask.

What type of behaviors/actions have friends objected to the most?

I would say that it worried me when you posted your beer counts, but that wasn't because of your behavior exactly, it's just that I knew that you wouldn't stop until it was pretty high and that in itself worried me because it seemed to me that you had lost control of it.  I'm glad that you are regaining control of this aspect of your life because I think that you are too good a person to lose like this.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 04:16:35 AM »
I have bad memories of my dad being alcoholic and violent.

kevv, I have noticed that you have a busier life and that you go out and things. Before you weren't doing that and I got the impression that you were unhappy, too.

I admire you for the effort you have made. :plus:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 05:10:59 AM »
Yer mom?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 01:42:58 PM »

I remember a few months ago, my father's friend was talking about his daughter's wedding. That he was a recovering alcoholic had not had a drink in nearly ten years and was worried about having a glass of champagne. I just thought that was completely ridiculous.

why is that ridiculous?

if i hadn't drank in ten years i prolly wouldn't want shampagne either. it would just remind me how good it feels to be drunk. all or nothing people easily fall off the wagon.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: