Educational

Author Topic: Post something weird that happened today  (Read 1286 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post something weird that happened today
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2016, 05:48:03 AM »
Nah, no drugs, he's downstairs again too quickly. No...I'm worried about bumping into him in the ladies room :-\

If you feel unsafe with this guy in the building, say something to the partners yourself!  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2016, 12:40:57 PM »
Nah, no drugs, he's downstairs again too quickly. No...I'm worried about bumping into him in the ladies room :-\

Move to North Carolina.  :zoinks:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2016, 09:06:24 AM »
So if I just say that I'm allergic to spider bites and the spider didn't bite me, that would be boring, wouldn't it?

The spider had been on the windowsill since two days ago at least. I didn't kill it because no point, better to take it outside. But I had no cup so I waited and of course this morning it came on the sofa, which was turned into a bed this morning. We have carpenter ants and they get on us and I thought that's what it was so I brushed it out of my ear and then saw it jump - not ant, spider. This means it has to go. Can't have it getting excited and biting me. I don't know what kind of spider bit me the first time but the results were magnificent, with swelling and red lines running up my arm from the site of the bite. So it has to go, but maybe later because it's supposed to be hot today and right now it's cool and delicious and I am engaged in extracurricular activities with my partner.

Forgot about it until breakfast, also had on the sofabed, and I was eating and writing a story, when what should appear but my friend spider. OK, no cup but I emptied a vial of lactaid and used that. Caught him easily but klutzy this morning and flipped the vial up, sending the spider flying and it landed where otherwise it would not: on my nose.
I could hardly sweep it away for laughing.
Caught it again and Py put it outside.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2016, 09:13:30 AM »
So if I just say that I'm allergic to spider bites and the spider didn't bite me, that would be boring, wouldn't it?

The spider had been on the windowsill since two days ago at least. I didn't kill it because no point, better to take it outside. But I had no cup so I waited and of course this morning it came on the sofa, which was turned into a bed this morning. We have carpenter ants and they get on us and I thought that's what it was so I brushed it out of my ear and then saw it jump - not ant, spider. This means it has to go. Can't have it getting excited and biting me. I don't know what kind of spider bit me the first time but the results were magnificent, with swelling and red lines running up my arm from the site of the bite. So it has to go, but maybe later because it's supposed to be hot today and right now it's cool and delicious and I am engaged in extracurricular activities with my partner.

Forgot about it until breakfast, also had on the sofabed, and I was eating and writing a story, when what should appear but my friend spider. OK, no cup but I emptied a vial of lactaid and used that. Caught him easily but klutzy this morning and flipped the vial up, sending the spider flying and it landed where otherwise it would not: on my nose.
I could hardly sweep it away for laughing.
Caught it again and Py put it outside.

Laughing under those circumstances is brave!  I'd have been screaming!   :runaway:  :GA:

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2016, 02:11:37 PM »
It happened Friday.  I woke up remembering part of a dream about going out to estate sales and buying a slick, a big chisel used in timber framing, they are not that common  I have only had one before.  I went to a sale that listed old tools and there it was in extremely rough shape lots of fairly deep pitting but it was only a couple dollars. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2016, 08:03:55 AM »
It happened Friday.  I woke up remembering part of a dream about going out to estate sales and buying a slick, a big chisel used in timber framing, they are not that common  I have only had one before.  I went to a sale that listed old tools and there it was in extremely rough shape lots of fairly deep pitting but it was only a couple dollars.

I've done that. Went to a moving sale yesterday, that I just knew I had to get up early and go to. Found 1/3 of the shit on my "I need to find this for the house cheap list"....and cheap it was. Spent $30 and filled the bed of the truck. :LOL:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2016, 02:49:53 PM »
Yesterday I saw police pull up in front of the house coming from two directions on our one way street. The police got out and started looking for something. I noticed that there was a bicycle on the side of the road and thought, oh, crap, someone got hurt. But then they went onto the railroad tracks, still looking. One of the cars drove off and later I saw two more driving along the tracks.

No one touched the bike in a neighborhood where during my first week here someone clipped the cable lock on my walker and stole it. Interesting. Later my neighbor came out walking down the street and picked up a hat and threw it next to the bike.

That night, more police cars came, driving up and down the tracks. I had eaten a particularly rich dinner so I was awake most of the night. I watched as different cars went back and forth and finally one stopped, turned off lights and stayed there - right opposite the bike. I slept a little and well because it seemed no trains went by - really weird. Then later I woke up in time to see two guys in gangster garb walking toward the police, who were there now with a van and a car. One got into the van, and the other got into the police car and drove away. Later I woke up and the police, the bike and the hat were gone.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2016, 03:26:00 PM »
Yesterday I saw police pull up in front of the house coming from two directions on our one way street. The police got out and started looking for something. I noticed that there was a bicycle on the side of the road and thought, oh, crap, someone got hurt. But then they went onto the railroad tracks, still looking. One of the cars drove off and later I saw two more driving along the tracks.

No one touched the bike in a neighborhood where during my first week here someone clipped the cable lock on my walker and stole it. Interesting. Later my neighbor came out walking down the street and picked up a hat and threw it next to the bike.

That night, more police cars came, driving up and down the tracks. I had eaten a particularly rich dinner so I was awake most of the night. I watched as different cars went back and forth and finally one stopped, turned off lights and stayed there - right opposite the bike. I slept a little and well because it seemed no trains went by - really weird. Then later I woke up in time to see two guys in gangster garb walking toward the police, who were there now with a van and a car. One got into the van, and the other got into the police car and drove away. Later I woke up and the police, the bike and the hat were gone.

Ohhh a mystery:

Scenario 1: Someone committed a crime (robbery or drug deal) fled the scene on the bike, ditched it, lost the hat while fleeing on foot. Logical route was the tracks where they might have ditched the goods or drugs. Police were hoping someone would be stupid enough to come back for bike. Gangster type 1 that got in the van, undercover officer. Gangster type 2 that got in the car is a narc or someone involved in the crime if he got in the back.

Scenario 2: Kidnapping. Bike and hat left behind. Police searching tracks for clothing left behind or worse. Gangster types undercover, or with one narc as before.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2016, 07:13:10 PM »
neither of those scenarios speak well for the neighborhood, and we just signed a new lease. there has been a lot of tension because of gentrification, and last week a shop was nearly destroyed by a group of people opposed to the changes. but i don't think they would have used so much resources to find those folks.

no news anywhere so no clue what happened.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2016, 01:11:24 PM »
neither of those scenarios speak well for the neighborhood, and we just signed a new lease. there has been a lot of tension because of gentrification, and last week a shop was nearly destroyed by a group of people opposed to the changes. but i don't think they would have used so much resources to find those folks.

no news anywhere so no clue what happened.

Both are scenarios are rather typical for around here sadly.  :P

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2016, 08:29:32 AM »

A month later and the partner has done nothing apart from making an unannounced visit. Didn't catch this guy though, wrong time of day. Me and (the artist formerly known as) crush boi have been jointly keep a log of this guy's visits. We've recorded that he's come in up to 8 times a day!!

And he gets a lift home every day, not so much asking for one, he just waits by the boss guy's car and hops in when he unlocks it pretty much. And then rummages through the small change in his centre console.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2016, 04:41:02 PM »

A month later and the partner has done nothing apart from making an unannounced visit. Didn't catch this guy though, wrong time of day. Me and (the artist formerly known as) crush boi have been jointly keep a log of this guy's visits. We've recorded that he's come in up to 8 times a day!!

And he gets a lift home every day, not so much asking for one, he just waits by the boss guy's car and hops in when he unlocks it pretty much. And then rummages through the small change in his centre console.

Could it be a homeless relative or lover of times past that the boss feels responsible for, a relative who knows how to play the sense of guilt in the boss?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2016, 06:32:34 AM »
Secret illegitimate son! Now there's a theory I shall put forth to crush boi!

There's gotta be something to it anyway. One's generosity has its limits and one must eventually realize at some point that they're being conned and/or leeched off. The more this guy asks for the more boss guy gives (and the more it imposes on us when he gives things like his work time, office resources, office facilities, office things etc).
It's just...as soon as you think there's social boundaries in place he steps over them.
As soon as you think there are professional boundaries in place boss guy steps over them.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2016, 06:57:57 AM »

There's gotta be something to it anyway. One's generosity has its limits and one must eventually realize at some point that they're being conned and/or leeched off. The more this guy asks for the more boss guy gives (and the more it imposes on us when he gives things like his work time, office resources, office facilities, office things etc).
It's just...as soon as you think there's social boundaries in place he steps over them.
As soon as you think there are professional boundaries in place boss guy steps over them.

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2016, 08:59:02 AM »

Has to be related or an ex-lover.  :apondering:

People only give to that extent when they feel obligated or they think they run the risk of someone telling secrets they would rather people not know.

Maybe your boss has a sordid, kinky past you don't know about.  :whipped: