Educational

Author Topic: Ass fairy?  (Read 540 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Ass fairy?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »
i hear there are donkeys in tiajuana
There are millions of donkeys in Mexico.
When I was in Mexico, I bought two donkeys and rode them, about six weeks into the mountainous terrain, west of Durango, all the way to the coast. It hurt like hell! I needed only one, but I also carried our survival gear, so the other one was loaded, although lighter than the one that carried me. I switched out each day. I really felt bad riding them, even though they outweighed me by a good bit. I often got off and walked uphill next to them, when they started to pant.

I was with a native guide and his son, who had plenty of donkeys between them, on a fishing trip and had a blast, but when it was over, I tried to give them the donkeys and the building I had bought to store my car. They would accept the building, no moral issue there, but they would not accept the donkeys. The donkeys had real value and they had to gather the family resources to"buy them" from me. I had paid three hundred dollars for the building and one hundred apiece for the two donkeys. They gave me eighty for both donkeys and accepted the building as a pilon.

I had had the time of my life, sleeping under a black sky for over a month, with zillions of nighttime stars visible, eating from the river and the desert plants. Growing up in a light-polluted area, I had only rarely seen a black sky, at  night.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 03:56:42 AM »
DirtDawg, you have done some interesting things. That was a good story.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 09:13:52 AM »
A handful of marshals beats out ass fairies any day. :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 10:58:50 AM »
DirtDawg, you have done some interesting things. That was a good story.

That was during my six month sabbatical, when I decided to change my "so-called career" from sound tech, live band manager/producer, PA system renter/operator to simple photographer (my first love).

I went through a lot of changes in a short time that year.
I also had a lot of fun.

Interestingly, I had sold off my PA gear and invested most of the money (as it turned out, wisely) and took off down the road on my own to explore the mountains. Towards the end of the trip I decided to go into Mexico and get lost for a while longer. I drew eight thousand dollars out, exchanged it for pesos and crossed the border. The interesting part is that in just over six weeks, I only spent around two thousand. I had lived pretty high up, compared to the locals, spent like crazy on anything I wanted, even bought a building, but still had most of my money when it was over. In reality, though, I had spent over four years local wages in about six weeks.

:D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:02:05 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.