Author Topic: People may not take me seriosly here cause of my obsession  (Read 1146 times)

duncvis

Re: People may not take me seriosly here cause of my obsession
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 03:32:20 PM »
That would be Catatonia.  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 06:22:52 PM »
They set the precedent for innovation in pop music being superficial new-age nonsense and alternative instrumentation. Now any top 40 angel fluffy bunnah who uses cello in a song is an innovator.

Actually, my problem with Beatlemania is that they pretty much blocked the path for the people who WERE innovating. If it weren't for them, you might hear musicians on the radio nowadays rather than hook-machines.

:minusevil: I'd argue against your point if you actually had one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 06:25:16 PM »
 ::)
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »
The way that the lazy 'win' around here.

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 08:33:09 PM »
 ::)
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »
I wasn't referring to you,
but, now that you mention it....  :laugh:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2007, 11:30:28 PM »
They set the precedent for innovation in pop music being superficial new-age nonsense and alternative instrumentation. Now any top 40 angel fluffy bunnah who uses cello in a song is an innovator.

Actually, my problem with Beatlemania is that they pretty much blocked the path for the people who WERE innovating. If it weren't for them, you might hear musicians on the radio nowadays rather than hook-machines.
Yeah you are karma free but I agree with you wholeheartedly.   Most radio ready music is crap due to it being verse and chorus dominated song structures that are reliant on hooks to entertain the listener.   No real musical substance or epic compositions going on whatsoever, just more formulated pop songwriting.   Bands are in trouble when they start writing songs over 5 minutes long because of the insane stupidity of the music listening public.   Pop songwriting is formulated crap that I wouldn't wipe my ass with for the most part.   

Where is the King Crimson lovefest?   Robert Fripp is 10 times the musical genius than anyone in the Beatles ever will be.   Well as far as integrating jazz multimeter riffs into metal and rock to make progressive rock, King Crimson was awesome.   Rush after their first two albums (which were too Led Zep sounding imo) became awesome as well.   I will always favour progressive rock/metal over rock pop acts.

I wouldn't blame it all on the Beatles, but they sure didn't help.   The retarded masses will always like the simplistic crap.   Oh boy you were the first to have the monetary backing to record this or that instrument or use a certain technique, here is a cookie.   That type of stuff was bound to happen due to production technology and not so much the will of a great songwriting band.  Backed by a big ass label with simple catchy songs, they had the budget and producers to make sweet pop candy for the masses.  They were the right band at the right time, for the most part.   
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 11:50:29 PM »

Yeah you are karma free but I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Mainly to piss off the likes of Odeon and others who would ghey me for having an opinion that is HeReTiCaL.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2007, 04:54:22 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, the beetles suck.

Maybe your mother beat you with a coat hanger when you were little.

That wouldn't do much.

Anyway, you could be like me and find the most obscure, weirdy-beardy-est musics to obsess over and then whine and bitch when no one knows who the fuck you're talking about. That worked real well.

My second favorite band is DEVO. And when people ask me what other music I listen to besides the Beatles
I tell them I listen to DEVO. and people are all "Il Divo?" and I have to say  "NO! THAT NEW WAVE BAND! FROM THE 80'S!" I have to put up with that. it's not that bad. Even middle aged people had no idea what i was talking about. I listen to some Kraftwerk too and nobody knows who they are either.

It was like that with The Beatles with me for about a year. But once all those trendy stores sold those shirts and patches,The Beatles all of a suddenly mysteriously became popular to trendy young people. It's starting to fade away now. Because classic rock is going out. I hav'nt seen anyone with an AC/DC shirt in about a year. I know it is going out because the Sears cadolog sells AC/DC, Pink Floyed and Beatles shirts. Now and I always know Sears is always a year behind in there clothing department when it comes to trendy styles.

There is one advantage. Because of the trendy dumb preps. It is fun shopping because you can buy Beatles stuff everywhere!

Park.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2007, 02:56:44 PM »
The way that the lazy 'win' around here.

I meant what I said. I still don't see an argument.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2007, 02:58:44 PM »
Because classic rock is going out. I hav'nt seen anyone with an AC/DC shirt in about a year.

Say it ain't so.  >:(

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »

Yeah you are karma free but I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Mainly to piss off the likes of Odeon and others who would ghey me for having an opinion that is HeReTiCaL.

I don't have anything against your opinions as such. You got the symbolical -1 for the lack of argument supporting said opinion.

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2007, 05:32:46 PM »
Because classic rock is going out. I hav'nt seen anyone with an AC/DC shirt in about a year.

Say it ain't so.  >:(

AC/DC?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2007, 06:06:59 PM »
That classic rock is going away.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2007, 12:14:15 AM »
I've been a Beatles fan since I was a kid, not an obsession though, and fuck wearing a T-shirt of them.