Author Topic: People may not take me seriosly here cause of my obsession  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
Re: People may not take me seriosly here cause of my obsession
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 12:05:18 AM »
I like Rammstein

That too.

And Disturbed.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 05:51:22 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, the beetles suck.

Maybe your mother beat you with a coat hanger when you were little.

Doesn't make them any better.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 01:39:52 PM »
Don't be ashamed. It's still the greatest band there ever was. There were other good ones, and there are a few decent ones today, but the fab four were the best.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 01:52:10 PM »
Mozart's Balls was better. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 04:03:05 PM »
I like Rammstein

That too.

And Disturbed.

You like Rammstein and Disturbed?

Shit!

We have two things in common.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 04:09:47 PM »
Don't be ashamed. It's still the greatest band there ever was. There were other good ones, and there are a few decent ones today, but the fab four were the best.

See, it's this kind of stuff that makes it more difficult for the non-Beatlefan.

They should be allowed to come across the Fab Four genius on their own. You have no idea how many times, working with youth musician groups, that I hear some comment (while the professor is forcing Beatles down their throats) "Whoa! That's just like ______________ that we have played last month!."  It's because The Beatles already covered that area of music.
:P
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 04:11:45 PM »
This reminds me off an acquaintance of mine, when I first met her she was an ordinary RnB teen, sure nothing wrong about that, second time I met her she was emo and said "I hate people that becomes alternative just because it's popular!" and then I asked her "Wasn't that what you just did?" and she was all like "But it's different!". Tried to avoid her since. It really doesn't work with "I did this first, I was here first!" argument, it's just something a little kid would use, or Jews (HAH! I did a racist joke! I did it!). Fashion and trends comes and goes, and people that follows them actually enjoy the trend, well as long as it's trendy and that's a way to apprieciate it. And most of them actually keeps it until it becomes trendy again.
Booyah.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 05:39:44 PM »

See, it's this kind of stuff that makes it more difficult for the non-Beatlefan.

They should be allowed to come across the Fab Four genius on their own. You have no idea how many times, working with youth musician groups, that I hear some comment (while the professor is forcing Beatles down their throats) "Whoa! That's just like ______________ that we have played last month!."  It's because The Beatles already covered that area of music.

Poor kids, having that kind of professor... It's deeply unfair, too. Sooner or later new talent will appear, without bearing the slightest resemblance to the Fab Four.

And it's not that I don't love other types of music because I do. It's just that the Beatles were the best at what they did.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 06:25:16 PM »

Poor kids, having that kind of professor... It's deeply unfair, too. Sooner or later new talent will appear, without bearing the slightest resemblance to the Fab Four.

And it's not that I don't love other types of music because I do. It's just that the Beatles were the best at what they did.

Yeah, poor kids, but it gets kind of funny after a while. I think these modern day music professors are just glad to have something more recent to call "classical."

:laugh:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 06:34:35 PM »

Yep. I wouldn't dislike them so much,
if people didn't spout this shit. They're
okay. Not the best at their time.

I've always been troubled by the 'innovation' argument.
I'm not too impressed with what little that they added.
Indeed, I generally see it as questionable. The heart was
still in the old R&B sound, and that continued throughout
most of the music that I like. Innovation is seldom any one
person (or group), but a movement of an age.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 06:51:44 PM »
They set the precedent for innovation in pop music being superficial new-age nonsense and alternative instrumentation. Now any top 40 asshole who uses cello in a song is an innovator.

Actually, my problem with Beatlemania is that they pretty much blocked the path for the people who WERE innovating. If it weren't for them, you might hear musicians on the radio nowadays rather than hook-machines.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 07:01:51 PM »
They set the precedent for innovation in pop music being superficial new-age nonsense and alternative instrumentation. Now any top 40 angel fluffy bunnah who uses cello in a song is an innovator.

Actually, my problem with Beatlemania is that they pretty much blocked the path for the people who WERE innovating. If it weren't for them, you might hear musicians on the radio nowadays rather than hook-machines.
:plus:

Crap, I can't.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 12:26:53 AM »
i think the beatles made nice music, catchy. but i like other bands better. i don't think the beatles were the best, they were a great band. millions of great bands in the world.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 12:32:10 AM »
Amorphis, Katatonia, Amon Amarth and Norther

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2007, 11:38:34 AM »
is Katatonia the band with the song Mulder and Scully? that was a good one.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar