Author Topic: Giving off the wrong signals  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Giving off the wrong signals
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2007, 08:25:27 PM »
Good point. I can imagine, trying to avoid crowded aisles and
such. I tend to just stop and stare at the guards, which either
freaks them out, or gets them talking. Which is cool, because
I can get them off my case either way. They decide I'm just
nuts.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2007, 11:28:02 PM »
that's so cool. i could never act crazy like that unless i was high. which i have done. ::) but it wasn't intentional. :P

if i'm sober i'm so anxious i try to act normally and not draw attention, i try to look at the cashier in the eyes as much as i can and stuff. but i think they see i'm anxious. hopefully they just think i'm shy.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2007, 05:52:44 AM »
I'm really not acting. :laugh:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 06:47:53 AM »
lol I don't flirt with people either. I don't think I know how.  :-\

I think that's the thing. I don't really know how to flirt, but my wife says I do it all the time with everybody. She has called me down a few times for flirting with gay guys and said that I was being mean to them. I was not flirting!

???

I get very focused on people and have to ask them a million questions, which probably gets misconstrued as romantic interest a lot. 

My husband has said the same thing about me, but I'm definitely not flirting with anyone.  Maybe I was trying to not be unfriendly to people, but that's all.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2007, 07:02:24 AM »

I think that's the thing. I don't really know how to flirt, but my wife says I do it all the time with everybody. She has called me down a few times for flirting with gay guys and said that I was being mean to them. I was not flirting!

???

My husband has said the same thing about me, but I'm definitely not flirting with anyone.  Maybe I was trying to not be unfriendly to people, but that's all.

I get very focused on people and have to ask them a million questions, which probably gets misconstrued as romantic interest a lot.

Quote fixed.

;)

I ask some people questions about themselves too, because that is what I think that you are supposed to do to engage them in conversation.  Probably not a million though.

:laugh:

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2007, 07:06:53 AM »

???

Quote fixed.

;)

I ask some people questions about themselves too, because that is what I think that you are supposed to do to engage them in conversation.  Probably not a million though.

See, I got so excited about conveying how interested I can get with people I fucked my own comment up!

I think people are flattered at first, however IRL, it can be a bit disconcerting for people to feel interrogated after a while!  Oops.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2007, 07:14:30 AM »

???

Quote fixed.

;)

See, I got so excited about conveying how interested I can get with people I fucked my own comment up!

I think people are flattered at first, however IRL, it can be a bit disconcerting for people to feel interrogated after a while!  Oops.

I wonder if I make people feel interrogated IRL.

:-\

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2007, 07:20:17 AM »

???

Quote fixed.

;)

I wonder if I make people feel interrogated IRL.

:-\

The most embarrassing thing is I remember people's birthdays (=numbers to me).  (Not that I'd ever give a shit to ring them or anything) Once I know a date or something about someone, I never forget it usually.  Can be flattering for them, or disconcerting.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2007, 07:51:11 AM »
Ive read all the theory on flirting. Tried it for a while. Of course, a complete failure.
Im happy with just being myself nowadays. Putting on this flirting act was just ridiculous.

As for people flirting with me. I dont really know. I keep getting invited around for a cup of tea with a woman i know, she says, "pop around anytime." But i would not do that unannounced and i cant recipocrate the offer - i mean i cant have people come around without an appointment so to speak.
I wish she would be more clearer in her intentions. Like, pop over now, or tomorrow at 2pm - whatever, im in a bit of a quandary.

How about saying,  "Sounds good, I'll be there tomorrow around 2pm."?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2007, 08:12:52 AM »
Ive read all the theory on flirting. Tried it for a while. Of course, a complete failure.
Im happy with just being myself nowadays. Putting on this flirting act was just ridiculous.

As for people flirting with me. I dont really know. I keep getting invited around for a cup of tea with a woman i know, she says, "pop around anytime." But i would not do that unannounced and i cant recipocrate the offer - i mean i cant have people come around without an appointment so to speak.
I wish she would be more clearer in her intentions. Like, pop over now, or tomorrow at 2pm - whatever, im in a bit of a quandary.

Yes, i will do that next time.
I actually just popped round but i heard some arguing going on inside, so i ran off.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2007, 08:25:19 AM »

Indeed. I deal with people doing this.
At first, it's okay for a narcissist, but
eventually, one wonders. Mainly though,
I wonder HOW they can be interested.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2007, 08:26:06 AM »

I actually just popped round but i heard some arguing going on inside, so i ran off.

And missed the excitement?  ???

Kosmonaut

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2007, 08:43:53 AM »

And missed the excitement?  ???

Yes, the excitement of getting involved in some random domestic dispute.
How could i resist.

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2007, 01:46:59 PM »

Yes, i will do that next time.

Maybe try bringing a book or dvd or something saying you thought she might like to borrow it. Or a cake!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2007, 02:12:57 PM »
i never remember birthdays unless it's been pounded into my skull.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: