Author Topic: My Girlfriend say We were having a Argument but.  (Read 994 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: My Girlfriend say We were having a Argument but.
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 02:32:13 AM »
By mutual agreement?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 11:52:22 AM »
By mutual agreement?
Yeah, though She still hold outs hope Us getting back together.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 12:13:38 PM »
I used to think an argument was saying the same words back and forth like "Yes you are" "No you're not" Yes you are" "No you're not."

Argue just means not agreeing. If you disagree with something, that's an argument. I had the definition figured out wrong most of my life because of the way it was used. It was always used when a kid and I be fighting because we be saying the same words back and forth and the grown up would say "Stop arguing." So I thought that's what an argument was and then one day when I was about 20, I decided to look the word up and boy did I feel stupid when I read the definition of the word. That explained to me why I was always being accused of arguing. It means to disagree and I was always correcting people and some people see it that as an argument because they are being disagreed with.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 01:07:25 PM »
It was not so much the arguements it was she was saying things I did not say and told people this.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: My Girlfriend and I are just Friends right now.
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007, 01:17:07 PM »
We have a change of status to friends right now.

It was not so much the arguements it was she was saying things I did not say and told people this.

So she told lies about you, Kevv?

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: My Girlfriend and I are just Friends right now.
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2007, 02:34:23 PM »
We have a change of status to friends right now.

So she told lies about you, Kevv?
Stretches what I say. I really don't want to call Her a lire.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:42:49 PM by Sir Knight Kevv »
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007, 04:33:56 PM »
It's like playing the game of "Telephone." You and another person are talking and the person repeats what you said but the person isn't going to remember your exact words so the story will come out differently. The person you are talking to also interputs what you are saying and tell it what they think you thought and sometimes they misinterput what you say so the story will come out different.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2007, 02:17:05 AM »
It's like playing the game of "Telephone." You and another person are talking and the person repeats what you said but the person isn't going to remember your exact words so the story will come out differently. The person you are talking to also interputs what you are saying and tell it what they think you thought and sometimes they misinterput what you say so the story will come out different.

That maybe so but a 180 to what I said, is a bit to much and makes Me look stupid or something. Especially when it comes back to Me and they start asking Me questions about what I have said.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 02:49:35 AM »

That maybe so but a 180 to what I said, is a bit to much and makes Me look stupid or something. Especially when it comes back to Me and they start asking Me questions about what I have said.

Kevv, does she "stretch the truth" about other things?

If not, is it possible that it's like Spokane Girl said and maybe your girlfriend just badly misunderstood what you were really saying?

I think that it would be sad if it turned out to be a communication problem rather than an honesty problem.

I had a boyfriend with an honesty problem, but for a long time, I just believed everything he said because I was so trusting (or gullible).  However, once I saw the possibility that he was lying about his past, the evidence was everywhere.  It was impossible for someone his age to have had all the experiences that he claimed, even though he had been in the navy.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2007, 03:18:17 AM »
People tend to do that.
Add things that they've
heard about, to their own
life story.

Really odd. It's kind of easy to
catch though, usually.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2007, 11:54:24 AM »

Kevv, does she "stretch the truth" about other things?

If not, is it possible that it's like Spokane Girl said and maybe your girlfriend just badly misunderstood what you were really saying?

I think that it would be sad if it turned out to be a communication problem rather than an honesty problem.

I had a boyfriend with an honesty problem, but for a long time, I just believed everything he said because I was so trusting (or gullible).  However, once I saw the possibility that he was lying about his past, the evidence was everywhere.  It was impossible for someone his age to have had all the experiences that he claimed, even though he had been in the navy.
She is Bi-Polar so whatever I say gets turns around in Her. I taken this into consideration many times. With My Alcohol Treatment going on and can not spend the time needed with Her. We decided to be friends at this time.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2007, 02:50:10 PM »
I thought We were having a discussion only.

My question is how do You know when You are in agrgument?

This happens a lot with Me and Her.

Kevv, I've been married to the same woman for fourteen years, now. Well, approaching fifteen years: I hope I don't forget the anniversary, ever!

She and I, sometimes, do not communicate well, evven stilll!!!. My fault - her fault, whatever the fuck - sometimes we need to be apart. Wwe have made a commitmentment to each other, though.No matter what the other one does, we will try to find the good in the opposing argument. We will try to work through the problems as they arise.

It sometimes happens that I think she is "on my asss" and sometimes she thinks the same thing. People argue when there is something worth arguing about. The main things is do you want to be together, despite any compatibility problems that may arise? Do you want to stay together? If so, then take a deep breath and start to listen better. Ofeten the whole problem goes away, after you step back and try to understand what the other one is saying.

Basically, what Tesla said is a googd guidline. If she feel piut upon or stressed because the issue is important, and who knows what na important issue may be, then the issue is worth trying your best to understand.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2007, 07:41:22 AM »
if she lies about you or to you, you should be careful. don't let her hurt you Kevv. if she really did lie, and not just get some things slightly wrong.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »
if she lies about you or to you, you should be careful. don't let her hurt you Kevv. if she really did lie, and not just get some things slightly wrong.

Very true, Kevv!  There can never be any lies beween you. It only works that one way!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2007, 04:01:54 PM »

Very true, Kevv!  There can never be any lies beween you. It only works that one way!
Yeah, that is why I am trying to be more careful with Her.
Guardian of the Empire