Educational

Author Topic: Voice over Internet phones  (Read 149 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Voice over Internet phones
« on: November 01, 2007, 05:55:05 AM »
Anybody with experience with voice over Internet phones having one of my lines changed to it today to get all the discounts from the cable company.  I am keeping my  business line a regular phone line just in case of problems.  The only problems they have had around me that I know of is with emergency services. With it I have unlimited North American calling at one fee which is less than the phone currently costs.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

purposefulinsanity

Re: Voice over Internet phones
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 07:00:08 AM »
My parents have one (they live in France)- all calls they make with it are free- including ones to the UK.  The only problems they've had with theirs was when there was a mix up with their internet bill and they couldn't speak to anyone who spoke enough English to sort it out (their French not being quite up to the job  :laugh:) and they couldn't get it working again once their service was reconnected- but other than that it works just like a regular phone.   Although now I've written this I've realised its probably not really relevant to you not living in France and all that.. :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Voice over Internet phones
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:58:41 AM »
It's all finished and done.  I have to buy the back up battery separately tough and it's about $50. Now I can call my brother in law in Canada for free that is if we were on speaking terms :P
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw