Educational

Author Topic: Poke my brains a bit...  (Read 21460 times)

Jizz

Re: Poke my brains a bit...
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2006, 12:37:17 PM »
I don't know a great deal of their music though so I can't really talk about Mick Jaggers voice, although what I've heard I haven't been overly impressed with :(

Bah.....only one answer?

I'll go for Steve Vai then.

He's technically and creatively perfect. He's also a good performer live, although I haven't had the pleasure of seeing him play.

If you do the whol downloady thing, go check out For the Love of God from the Passion and Warfare album. Got fuckloads of feeling in it, a stunning tune of the highest quality!

And I chose this nickname because it sounds rude and appeals to my childish sense of humour!

It's also a rip off of the song Jizzlobber by Faith No More...I think McJagger already asked me on an earlier page? :D

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2006, 12:40:23 PM »
I don't know a great deal of their music though so I can't really talk about Mick Jaggers voice, although what I've heard I haven't been overly impressed with

yeah i am not a huge fan of their hits either.
i love beggars banquet and exile on mainstreet.

kill me for my guitarist selection, but: steve stevens, ala Billy idol.
Misunderstood.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »
Have you ever wished you could have taken another path in life? And if so what would that path be?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2006, 02:46:15 PM »
I saw Motley Crue in Glasgow last year and didn't expect to like them much. Especially when I was in my teens because I was more into Slayer and Megadeth and all the heavier stuff. I really only went to see them because Killing Joke supported them, but I have to admit, I loved them live and would definitely go back and see them! :D

did you know i recorded a single with Youth, a few years back?  AND i'm in one of Queen's videos.

and Stevie Vai - drooooooool!  his playing on "Hina" (david lee roth's "skyscraper" - don't ask) is sublime.

Jizz

« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2006, 03:00:03 PM »
Hmmm, name me your favourite songs with Steve Stevens playing on them then and I'll get my brother to send me those as well as the earlier Motley Crue albums, over the weekend.

You a fan of ZZ Top at all?

Billy Gibbons guitar work on their albums from teh 70s was total class! If anyone tries telling you Jimi Hendrix was the best guitar player ever, flick your middle finger at them and say "FUCK YOU...HE WASN'T EVEN FIT ENOUGH TO STRING BILLY GIBBONSESES GUITAR!".

I recommend the songs (unless you already have em of course) Cheap Sunglasses, Heard It On the X, La Grange, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide and Beer Drinkers and Hellraisers...if you're interested, which you're probably not :P

As for paths...I wouldn't actually change my actual path. I'd go back to when I was 17 or 18 and kick myself in the arse and learn how to motivate myself rather than thinking things would just fall nice and gently into my lap when I left school. I got into the guitar when I was 13 or 14 but never had the money really to buy good equipment (guitars and amps etc). I finally got a proper job 4 years after leaving school, lol, and got me some good gear (guitar and amp etc ;)), tried getting a band together with a few mates but decided I couldn't be fucked because it meant splaying the pub and club scene and having to compromise with the other band members...and I refuse to compromise when it means we're doing songs that, as the singer said, "will get the lassies up onto the dance floor". My first thought was "I don't give two fucks about getting lassies up onto the dancefloor, I'm doing it because I want to play Static-X songs...FUCK EVERYBODY ELSE!".

Plus he wasn't too good on guitar either, which doesn't help when forming a band really, does it?

Jizz

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »
I haven't heard Skyscraper yet.

Have you heard any of hs stuff with Alcatrazz?

Do you know where I can get a copy of Crossroads with Ralph Macchio (Karate Kid) in it, as I've been after it for aaaages, since Steve Vai plays in it...did you know that Ry Cooder plays Ralph Macchios parts? (not naughty parts...guitar parts)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2006, 03:05:10 PM »
isn't crossroads the one with jeff healey in an impossibly white shirt?  or am i thinking of kurt russell?  who cares.

jeff healey - now there's another guitar name.

i haven't heard of the alcatrazz stuff, no, but i shall be heading off towards allofmp3.com to have alisten, and get a cheap version, if it's any good.  ;)  you could try there for crossroads, too.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2006, 03:07:37 PM »
wahey - result!

Jizz

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2006, 03:18:20 PM »
I had to double check, but Jeff Healey was in Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze. The blind guy that played the guitar on his lap (for those that don't know). Weird that because I was trying to remember his name a few days back at work...one of my mates couldn't remember either and we both consider ourselves walking encyclopedias of music lol.

Triste

« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2006, 03:42:53 PM »
How did you first find out about AS?
How old were you at the time?

Jizz

« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2006, 03:48:55 PM »
I found out about AS from HG. And I was 27 at the time...I'm 28 now :P

I don't have AS though.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2006, 04:33:59 PM »
your an evil NT.

how do you feel about that?

how do you feel about this:

Misunderstood.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2006, 04:56:27 PM »
Evil NT lol
The funny thing is, he may not be considered AS as such, but well he certainly doesnt seem to fit in as an NT either  :laugh:

Kenny.......do you remember the time when we joked about pretending we were an engaged couple so we could go around sampling wedding cakes without looking like weirdos?. ;)

I seen the name Patrick Swayze and i felt vomit at the back of my throat.

When are you bringing out the "special hat" again?. ;D

Jizz

« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2006, 12:18:14 AM »
Hmmm, this will probably be a stupid question, but excuse my thickness...what does NT mean?

And McJagger, I think that picture is a bit weird looking, in a few different ways :D

I think I vaguely remember that conversation, Andriea, we have soooo many random conversations it's hard for me to keep up with them. Didn't that twat Shahbaz try gatecrashing peoples weddings after he walked out of Big Brother? Maybe he'd heard of our plan!?

As for the special hat...you know I only ever drag it out from under my table when I'm feeling particularly saucy. I may just whip it out for you tomorrow night...if you're lucky ;)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2006, 12:21:27 AM »
will you bring yourcamara phone, tomorrow night?
Misunderstood.