Author Topic: Bad fucking weekend for our teams.  (Read 297 times)

Scrapheap

Bad fucking weekend for our teams.
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:06:29 PM »
  To start out with, Robert Height, who was #1 in points, failed to qualify as a result of clutch problems. He failed to make it past 700 feet without smoking the tires.

Then in the second round John Force raced Kenny Bernstien, John was on his way to just barely beating Kenny across the finish line when Kenny crossed the center line and hit the top-end timing cones. One of the cones hit Forces slick causing it to explode, sending him out of control. First he hit Kenny, then the wall. He suffered 2 broken legs and fractures to his righ hand. He may be out for the rest of the season.

At least he's still alive. Two deaths in our team in one year just wouldn't be right.

To top it all off, Ashley, wo was still in competition herself, was too distraught to make the call for the semi-finals. The Pedregon brothers, Tony and Cruz, both got a free trip into the final round.

See the crash here

Oh, one more thing, my favorite UFC fighter Chuck Liddell, lost this weekend to Keith Jardine at the Pond of Anaheim.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

richard

Re: Bad fucking weekend for our teams.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 07:08:52 PM »
i feel sorry for this thread, heres a reply.

Scrapheap

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »
i feel sorry for this thread, heres a reply.

:STFU:  :minusevil:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 09:30:44 PM »

That really sucks. I hope John's OK. He's a little old to be busting himself up like that. The story makes it sound pretty bad, but the video is really nasty.

I have been living in a cave since last Friday. I had not heard about this.

How the hell did Bernstein walk away uninjured?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 09:40:15 PM »

That really sucks. I hope John's OK. He's a little old to be busting himself up like that. The story makes it sound pretty bad, but the video is really nasty.

I have been living in a cave since last Friday. I had not heard about this.

John went into surgery at 6:00 this morning central time (He's still in Texas) and he's come out in good spirits with a good prognosis for recovery. He even did some radio and TV interviews after the surgery. The doctors said he should be out before Friday.

How the hell did Bernstein walk away uninjured?

Ironically, because he updated his car with the safety improvements we developed after Eric Medlen's crash. As for Johns car, we're thinking it came apart due to an insufficient specification for the framerail tubing. We, like most of the Funny car field, use a Murph McKinney chassis. Robert commented after the crash, "a Pleuger car never would've come apart like that"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:46:21 PM »

I'm glad he's doing well. He's a tough guy to hold down, it seems.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 05:48:45 PM »

How's John doing, Scr'eap?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 06:39:36 PM »
(bumpage)

Anything?

Scrapheap

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 08:57:17 PM »

How's John doing, Scr'eap?

Sorry it's taken awhile to get back to you....

He's still in Texas in a rehabilitation center, He's still not on his feet and probably won't be for another week or so.

Basically, he's finding out what it means to be 57 and not 27. You heal much slower at his age.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 10:13:24 AM »

Truer words have never been spoken. Hope he's getting along OK. I am also hoping that he is out of the woods at this point and the danger of further complications is at bay.