Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 364056 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #5400 on: January 07, 2007, 11:15:10 AM »
I can't say for sure you haven't mentioned it before, I seem to keep missing things this week.

Wow though, that looks like a lot of work, but something that would be extremely satisfying.  Are you going to post pics when you finally complete it?

Scrapheap

« Reply #5401 on: January 07, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »
Why does it always take longer in the morning to get going than I'd like??

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #5402 on: January 07, 2007, 11:23:23 AM »
Alright, I need to go meditate.

I remember the answer to this, and its probably from lack of vegetables and or fruits in your diet. 
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Litigious

« Reply #5403 on: January 07, 2007, 11:24:48 AM »
Does it thickle in my urethra because I consume more than 1000 mg of vitamin C every day and if so, should I bother about it? Vitamin C is supposed to be very good not just to prevent colds but also urethra infections.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5404 on: January 07, 2007, 11:30:08 AM »
Safe upper limit for an adult is generally 2000mg, and at 1000mg it acts as an antihistamine.  If you build a bowel tollerance you can take higher doses without less ill effects.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Litigious

« Reply #5405 on: January 07, 2007, 11:35:09 AM »
I don't take it in acidic form but as calcium ascorbate, so it's supposed to be "kind" to the stomach and bowels. I have taken it for about 14 months and haven't had real a cold since I started taking it. Before that I had at least one cold every year and usually two or more.

duncvis

« Reply #5406 on: January 07, 2007, 11:36:31 AM »
I hope I sleep better tonight. And wake up where I fell asleep for a change.  :-\

ozymandias

« Reply #5407 on: January 07, 2007, 11:58:27 AM »
Does it thickle in my urethra because I consume more than 1000 mg of vitamin C every day and if so, should I bother about it? Vitamin C is supposed to be very good not just to prevent colds but also urethra infections.

Vitamin C is water soluble and all you do is piss out the excess.  If you take it in one dose, your wasting your money, try 250 mg twice a day!  Just drinking the normal requirement of fluid allows the bladder to flush out any possible infections in the urinary tract!  So your morning coffee or tea is doing the job just as well as Vitamin C.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 12:01:23 PM by ozymandias »

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5408 on: January 07, 2007, 12:00:54 PM »
Alright, I need to go meditate.

Jeese what a fuckn surprise, calmn and horny.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5409 on: January 07, 2007, 12:12:03 PM »

Because your ass is lazy. "Come on, BUTT! Let's GO!"

Perfectionism may also contribute to your perceived delays.

:laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5410 on: January 07, 2007, 12:23:51 PM »
I can't say for sure you haven't mentioned it before, I seem to keep missing things this week.

Wow though, that looks like a lot of work, but something that would be extremely satisfying.  Are you going to post pics when you finally complete it?
I'll post pics. I should have a decent kick around camera by then, too. I can't bring myself to use the only camera I have left for dusty projects.

If I didn't already mention details, it's because I always feel like I'm bragging, too much, which is something I hate about myself. Even on some of the pro-sound boards I used to frequent I rarely showed off my pursuits. Mainly I offered suggestions to rookies, who are lost as they fumble through more info than they can possibly understand at first, and old guys with new stuff to play with that I've used before. I seem to have a knack for helping young hard workers, with stars in their eyes, to focus on the close, attainable targets and ignore the ultimate goal at first.

[brag] I have been building my own speakers since 1978 and I have made some really awesome sounding equipment [/brag]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 12:29:42 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #5411 on: January 07, 2007, 01:17:30 PM »
  I just keep swallowing things because its so much fuckn fun. 

is this a hint into your new job?
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5412 on: January 07, 2007, 02:31:59 PM »
DirtDawg, those are beautiful speakers. Do they sound as nice as they look?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Graelwyn

« Reply #5413 on: January 07, 2007, 05:51:24 PM »
Thinking I am shit tired and shit bored tonight, no one to talk to, nothing to say, bedtime soon methinks  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5414 on: January 07, 2007, 05:56:32 PM »
DirtDawg, those are beautiful speakers. Do they sound as nice as they look?
I have only heard the Martinelli speakers at an audio show, but I have heard the drivers he uses in other cabinets and they are very nice, high fidelity, etc. Of course, he custom fits and tweaks his drivers, but that's OK, because I do, too. I chose a higher quality set of drivers to build around, so my results should excede his published specifications, especially in flatness of frequency response, transient response and efficiency, areas that us tube amp users strive towards. But, he does not take a year and a half to build and weeks to tune one set, either. Also, much of the appreciation of good speakers is in the area of personal taste and synergy so saying mine will be better is not really fair to a commercially successful product. I'm sure his personal set is tweaked the way he likes them.

I hope I didn't mislead, but the pic I posted is not my work, but the inspiration which has turned into my latest project. Many years ago I built large hi-frequency horns out of wood, just like it was done in the thirties and forties for cinema theaters. Very costly and time consuming, but nothing sounds as good as solid wood for high frequency propagation. I have always wanted to build a smaller set for home use. Unfortunately, most horns available nowdays are either some alloy of aluminum or poly-this-or-that and they have totally lost their soul and warmth. Mine are wood, similar to Martinelli, but I used poplar and oak, instead of pretty exotic woods, I could never afford.

After finding Mr. Matinelli's site, emailing him a few times with questions and finally learning to control my drool again, I began to build a set of wood horns of my own design (his are tractrix curve, mine are exponential, which is preferred for near field listening). I started last winter (I don't have fancy machine tools, only hand tools), took the fall off (starting the kids in school was a major upset, once again) and now I can see the final bits of work almost done on the large pair of horns that take over from the woofer. I already have my woofer cabinets, built, tuned, damped, and oil finished and I've been listening to them since mid summer, with an evil poly horn on top.

The woofers are magnificent sounding and once I have the final finish on the wood horns, get them aligned and properly tuned, I will have a full range speaker system of the highest quality. I have used all vintage JBL components, brought up to modern specifications, each one tweaked and perfected for flat response in open air (yes, one of my obsessions). In the coming year I will also finish construction of a much smaller wood horn, which will sit atop the (larger than Martinelli's) mid horn and subdivide the upper frequency range for increased dispersion of the upper octave.

I'm so glad to be past the noisy power tool stage and almost done. Now I can sand and fit until I get tired and sit down and postwhore typos, then go sand some more ..... the end is near. I will post pics of mine when they are done.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 06:07:49 PM by DirtDawg »