Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 374114 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #29850 on: July 01, 2011, 08:24:25 PM »
    I can have that stuffed pepper soon, and watch TV!   :2thumbsup:
Yum, any left for me?

Of course!  *passes Crip a plate with her very own cheesy stuffed pepper!*   :thumbup:
Mmmmm cheese :autism:

My favorite cheese is good sharp orange Cheddar!  What is yours?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #29851 on: July 01, 2011, 08:31:04 PM »
How on earth do I manage to thank someone for physically caring for me all the time for weeks on end?  ???
And I mean all the time doing everything from cleaning up my piss when I have an accident to constantly physically aiding me, supporting me emotionally, doing first aid and driving me around and making me drinks, giving me drugs, feeding me, fetching things for me and giving up their life for me even though they've got really awful things going on in their life at the same time.
I really want to get my carers a big massive thank you present for all their help and putting up with so much stuff that most nurses would be disgusted at and just not arsed doing. I'd only be able to spare £200 max so I can afford no holidays, maybe if I could save up I could send them on a picnic in a hot air balloon (they're married, hence the romance) but I'm unsure how much that'll cost. ???

You are thoughtful and appreciative.  If you save up and ask around for good deals you may find something very affordable.  :viking:
Well I once asked them "would you clean up my piss for a thousand pounds?" and they said no, so my gift better be good after all they've been through. :laugh:
I'm gonna try contacting some local hot air balloon companies this week to see if they can sort anything, if not that then Debenhams (a department store over here) do these Gift Experience cards where you can basically get them a gift card letting them do such and such an experience like a spa break, ferrari driving and all that kind of thing. I'm always thankful for things but I've never been faced with a need for a thank you this big.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #29852 on: July 01, 2011, 08:34:55 PM »
How on earth do I manage to thank someone for physically caring for me all the time for weeks on end?  ???
And I mean all the time doing everything from cleaning up my piss when I have an accident to constantly physically aiding me, supporting me emotionally, doing first aid and driving me around and making me drinks, giving me drugs, feeding me, fetching things for me and giving up their life for me even though they've got really awful things going on in their life at the same time.
I really want to get my carers a big massive thank you present for all their help and putting up with so much stuff that most nurses would be disgusted at and just not arsed doing. I'd only be able to spare £200 max so I can afford no holidays, maybe if I could save up I could send them on a picnic in a hot air balloon (they're married, hence the romance) but I'm unsure how much that'll cost. ???

You are thoughtful and appreciative.  If you save up and ask around for good deals you may find something very affordable.  :viking:
Well I once asked them "would you clean up my piss for a thousand pounds?" and they said no, so my gift better be good after all they've been through. :laugh:
I'm gonna try contacting some local hot air balloon companies this week to see if they can sort anything, if not that then Debenhams (a department store over here) do these Gift Experience cards where you can basically get them a gift card letting them do such and such an experience like a spa break, ferrari driving and all that kind of thing. I'm always thankful for things but I've never been faced with a need for a thank you this big.

Being thankful while sick or in pain is probably harder than it sounds.  I'll bet some people just complain! 
 I hope I would remember to appreciate my helpers if I went through something like your surgery.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #29853 on: July 01, 2011, 08:35:40 PM »
    I can have that stuffed pepper soon, and watch TV!   :2thumbsup:
Yum, any left for me?

Of course!  *passes Crip a plate with her very own cheesy stuffed pepper!*   :thumbup:
Mmmmm cheese :autism:

My favorite cheese is good sharp orange Cheddar!  What is yours?   :orly:
Yum! Erm, it's so hard to choose! I like getting a nice big wheel of (is it called a wheel?) camembert cheese and melting it in the oven, then dipping crispy toasted bread into it. Camembert is kind of like brie but so much better and quite affordable, you really should try melting it like I said  and dipping toast into it, it's heavenly.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29854 on: July 02, 2011, 03:58:01 AM »
Thinking about what to do today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #29855 on: July 02, 2011, 05:19:05 AM »
How on earth do I manage to thank someone for physically caring for me all the time for months on end?  ???
And I mean all the time doing everything from cleaning up my piss and shit when I have an accident to constantly physically aiding me, taking my angry abuse and yelling, supporting me emotionally, doing first aid and driving me around and making me drinks, giving me drugs, feeding me, fetching things for me and giving up their life for me even though they've got really awful things going on in their life at the same time.

Make sure you are allowed to give things first. People who are assigned to help out like that may not be allowed to accept gifts.

If they are allowed, a nice bunch of flowers, a voucher for a movie, a box of chocolate, something like that will be OK. Or something more personalised. Spending a lot of money on them may not be appreciated by them. They want to help you, not make life hard on you for coming short of money for daily life.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29856 on: July 02, 2011, 04:04:31 PM »
I think I need another beer.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #29857 on: July 03, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »
A fairly large Rana temporaria (common frog) has found it's way into one of my ponds.  It's large enough to eat some of the axolotls in the pond, but mature Rana temporaria are supposed to hunt exclusively on land, so my axolotls will probably be ok.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #29858 on: July 03, 2011, 10:57:34 PM »
Went on TVTropes and several hours later... WTF happened, did I just go several hours into the future?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #29859 on: July 04, 2011, 01:23:36 AM »
TPG is the best. It's set up here both at home and at work.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29860 on: July 04, 2011, 08:19:12 AM »
mmm... I will head out soon, and expose myself to lovely carcinogenic UV rays.  =)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29861 on: July 05, 2011, 05:31:17 PM »
So, are you having a temper tantrum about this because you feel slighted, because you want to be hurtful and have no sense of reserve, OR because you know you would have it in you to do the same type of thing if you weren't worried about your family turning against you, you disgusting cunt?

/things I can't say but really want to

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29862 on: July 06, 2011, 03:36:35 PM »
Thinking that there is a problem with PMS Elle's link.

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29863 on: July 06, 2011, 03:38:42 PM »
*snort*  Compatibility mode error.  Igiveup.

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #29864 on: July 06, 2011, 03:49:16 PM »
I cant wait for all my purchases to arrive!