Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 356393 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #26970 on: January 26, 2011, 05:35:57 PM »

I do understand the instructors as well, but I just do not know what to do the help her past this stage.

:'(

You do what you do, Dawg. You worry about her and you recognise her problem, which is a hell of a lot more than many other parents do in a similar situation.

I am so proud of her today, because she made it through the rigorous steps of defining her approach (and it was as close to perfect as I have seen. I was so impressed with my own son's genius, but it is becoming apparent that my daughter is - not only less severely autistic, but - possibly more capable of dealing with daily life) in this one assignment  and laid it all out in a format that proves her mental process is at least in step with what is expected of her. (we spent a lot of time together last night, between her vomiting. She is getting a cold, again - a cold always seems to attack her digestive system, first).

The obvious question is:  Can she do it all again and every time is is expected of her? I think not, but she had a great day, despite her impending sickness.  (maybe the approaching illness has altered her set-in ways?)

Maybe she can do it enough times to satisfy the needs of her teachers? Surely her situation is something that the teachers can appreciate?

This has always been my hope, but trusting to hope has not served me well, in a long history of trying hope first.

I sometimes think her instructors are less capable of helping her than they would have me believe. They try to tell me that they know what she needs. But she is not like other kids. Often I get the impression that that they CAN help, but the bullshit they go on about is not so different from teh crapshite I gave up on when she was four or something.

I am just glad to find that this one week is almost in the bag for her and we have gotten past the worst of it, for now.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #26971 on: January 26, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »
About making a beer run
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #26972 on: January 26, 2011, 06:14:38 PM »
Tempted to go back on the drugs that trigger my seizures. Would they allow that?
Do they make you feel enough better to make the seizures worthwhile? I would not count on a seizure disorder not getting worse either.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26973 on: January 26, 2011, 06:47:56 PM »
They seemed to help with my low-level ocd, which is getting worse lately. I could put up with seizures if they only happened at home, but obviously you can't know they're not gonna happen when I'm out alone somewhere

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #26974 on: January 26, 2011, 06:53:43 PM »
They seemed to help with my low-level ocd, which is getting worse lately. I could put up with seizures if they only happened at home, but obviously you can't know they're not gonna happen when I'm out alone somewhere

As much as the OCD sucks, I wouldn't risk seizures to get rid of it.  :(
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #26975 on: January 26, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
About making a beer run

Just do not think about it nor wait too long, or the casual beer run will turn into a windsprint!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26976 on: January 26, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »

As much as the OCD sucks, I wouldn't risk seizures to get rid of it.  :(

Yeah you're probably right. Ah well, fuck it

P7PSP

« Reply #26977 on: January 26, 2011, 08:07:21 PM »
You could take the meds for ocd and then have the corpus callosum severed to deal with the resultant seizures. Then your left hand wouldn't know what the right hand was doing, but that wouldn't be much of a change.  :hahaha: :zoinks:

eris

« Reply #26978 on: January 26, 2011, 08:35:23 PM »
Y'know, my typical reaction to the idea of "kink" used to be anxiety.  Now, it's more varied.  "Hey, that sounds OK if it's not too hardcore," is an infrequent response.  More often it's "Ehw, that's DISGUSTING," or "You'd have to be fucking INSANE to try that, unless you watered it WAY the hell down."  And even more often than that, it's "How long can you *possibly* do that without getting bored?  That sounds RETARDED," or, more simply, "...but... but... that sounds DUMB."

Yeah, it's dumb. Cause anyone that thinks or feels different than you is obviously retarded  ::)

that's just pure ignorance
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:39:15 PM by eris »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26979 on: January 26, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »
right I'm seriously swtiching my computer off now, night/morning everyone

P7PSP

« Reply #26980 on: January 26, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »
right I'm seriously swtiching my computer off now, night/morning everyone
G'night Soph.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #26981 on: January 26, 2011, 09:57:52 PM »
How do you call with 8-7 off suite to a $25 raise of the $2 big blind pre-flop, then another $25 on the flop with just the pair of 8s, and finally $43 more with me pushing all in on the turn? My Jacks were good until that fucking 7 on the river. There was over $250 in the pot!!! :thumbdn:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:48:46 AM by Friend With Benefits »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26982 on: January 27, 2011, 12:40:30 AM »
Tempted to go back on the drugs that trigger my seizures. Would they allow that?
I don't think it is worth it. What if you had a seizure at uni? I bet there is another medication that you could try. Plus I would worry. :P

I was supposed to take propanolol for akathisia but because I have asthma, the doctors wouldn't let me, saying it would make my asthma a lot worse. So I am taking benztropine instead which is effective most of the time. Similar situation.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #26983 on: January 27, 2011, 01:51:10 AM »
Thinking about everything but work.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26984 on: January 27, 2011, 05:47:07 AM »
Y'know, my typical reaction to the idea of "kink" used to be anxiety.  Now, it's more varied.  "Hey, that sounds OK if it's not too hardcore," is an infrequent response.  More often it's "Ehw, that's DISGUSTING," or "You'd have to be fucking INSANE to try that, unless you watered it WAY the hell down."  And even more often than that, it's "How long can you *possibly* do that without getting bored?  That sounds RETARDED," or, more simply, "...but... but... that sounds DUMB."

Yeah, it's dumb. Cause anyone that thinks or feels different than you is obviously retarded  ::)

that's just pure ignorance
Do whatever makes you happy, and enjoy it to the fullest, hon.  I just can't bend my mind far enough to understand how some "kinks" or fetishes could possibly be enjoyable, or even hold the attention of those participating.  I have to take the "well, I guess if it works for you, go for it" approrach.

It's kind of like trying to understand why anyone would voluntarily listen to genres of music that I find boring or annoying, or why they would watch television or movies that I'd rather stare at a blank wall than subject myself to.  To each his own- but that doesn't mean I can't have my opinion, either.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.