Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 356087 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #24135 on: July 02, 2010, 08:08:44 AM »
I fucking hate people.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24136 on: July 02, 2010, 09:10:08 AM »
I fucking hate dirty sluts. Some people I like though.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #24137 on: July 02, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »
I have experienced several times in the past two days when I probably should have responded to something weighty that people have told me (I can generally fake sincerity quite well in these cases, finish up with the "caring thing" and get them away from me more quickly), but I simply looked at them blankly and did not make a sound, nor a change in my face.

I just sat there looking at them with no expression until they went away.  I had heard what was said, but I could not find a way inside myself to make any of it matter to the rest of what I was thinking.

*starts to shrug, decides that it would be more effort than needed*
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24138 on: July 02, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »
I really hope tomorrow is a good day

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24139 on: July 02, 2010, 04:03:45 PM »
I have experienced several times in the past two days when I probably should have responded to something weighty that people have told me (I can generally fake sincerity quite well in these cases, finish up with the "caring thing" and get them away from me more quickly), but I simply looked at them blankly and did not make a sound, nor a change in my face.

I just sat there looking at them with no expression until they went away.  I had heard what was said, but I could not find a way inside myself to make any of it matter to the rest of what I was thinking.

Some people tend to tell their personal business inappropriately to people they barely know, acquaintances or co-workers,
who may or may not be able to muster a "caring" response. Was that the case here?  :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24140 on: July 02, 2010, 04:04:34 PM »

I really hope tomorrow is a good day

Me too, but I know better than to get my hopes up much.

A job where exposure to the public is possible on a Saturday in retail will always suck in such a good economy.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 04:13:38 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24141 on: July 02, 2010, 04:13:13 PM »

Some people tend to tell their personal business inappropriately to people they barely know, acquaintances or co-workers,
who may or may not be able to muster a "caring" response. Was that the case here?  :chin:

Not sure. I've known these people for over two years, but I always try to avoid most things pertaining to others' lives, anyway.  Honestly, I do not have this gigantic vat of free flowing emotion crap to just whizz away any time someone approaches me.  I try to save my passion and expression for the times I need it most.

I can usually spare a little to help make someone go away faster, but today they just stood there looking at me and I stood there looking at them. I was not really "out"  of emotiion or expression, but the tap was closed, so to speak.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 04:17:15 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24142 on: July 02, 2010, 04:21:33 PM »

Not sure. I've known these people for over two years, but I always try to avoid most things pertaining to others' lives, anyway.  Honestly, I do not have this gigantic vat of free flowing emotion crap to just whizz away any time someone approaches me.  I try to save my passion and expression for the times I need it most.

I can usually spare a little to help make someone go away faster, but today they just stood there looking at me and I stood there looking at them. I was not really "out"  of emotiion or expression, but the tap was closed, so to speak.

My tap of friendliness is usually closed (or at least rusty) in any customer service situation, which is why I don't do that kind of work anymore.
I think I know what you mean. It's hard to manufacture the reaction people seem to be demanding of you.  :-\

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24143 on: July 02, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »
Exactly. It's very hard to manufacture something that wasn't there to begin with. And nobody ever seems to understand that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #24144 on: July 02, 2010, 06:05:30 PM »
I can't keep challenging him. The fallout for monkeyboy is too big. I watched him melt because his Dad was nothing short of a huge ass to him because he was mad at me. So I apologized for everything even though I did nothing wrong, just to make it end. He thanked me then continued on as before like an ass. It's back to not confronting him. I will say little and keep my head down as before because it's too much. Too much for me, too much for them.

Monday I'm going to me neighbours house to ask to use her phone to call the abuse clinic.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24145 on: July 02, 2010, 08:21:11 PM »
I can't keep challenging him. The fallout for monkeyboy is too big. I watched him melt because his Dad was nothing short of a huge ass to him because he was mad at me. So I apologized for everything even though I did nothing wrong, just to make it end. He thanked me then continued on as before like an ass. It's back to not confronting him. I will say little and keep my head down as before because it's too much. Too much for me, too much for them.

Monday I'm going to me neighbours house to ask to use her phone to call the abuse clinic.

Thinking of the three of you... :hug:

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #24146 on: July 02, 2010, 08:21:52 PM »
My toe hurts
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24147 on: July 02, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »

I feel bad for you that you have to keep it all inside for monkeyboy's sake, but your soon to be ex is a jerk.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #24148 on: July 03, 2010, 01:38:04 AM »
FINALLY!! I passed the course it brings me back.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24149 on: July 03, 2010, 04:30:17 AM »
FINALLY!! I passed the course it brings me back.
Good on you. :)  :clap:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae