Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 375129 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #3345 on: September 24, 2006, 04:38:33 PM »

You knew this was coming, didn't you? ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #3346 on: September 24, 2006, 04:42:08 PM »
it could be huge if we hadn't run so many away.

Do you honestly think we have run people off?  If so what do you suggest we do to not do it in the future??

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #3347 on: September 24, 2006, 04:45:42 PM »
well there is a point to this place not being welcoming to different ideologies.  ie richard.

but then again, if they really believed in their ideologies, ie: crusador, then they have a place to argue passionately in favor of their views, and without restrictions.

like odeon said, they have a choice!
i fully agree with that assessment.
i was half joking half serious, but there is a bottom line; do people really believe what they say, if they allow themselves to be run off. ie: happeh
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #3348 on: September 24, 2006, 04:50:39 PM »
well there is a point to this place not being welcoming to different ideologies.  ie richard.

but then again, if they really believed in their ideologies, ie: crusador, then they have a place to argue passionately in favor of their views, and without restrictions.

i was half joking half serious, but there is a bottom line; do people really believe what they say, if they allow themselves to be run off. ie: happeh

That still doesnt answer my question though- do you think we have run people off??

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3349 on: September 24, 2006, 04:50:54 PM »
You knew this was coming, didn't you? ;)

i didn't, actually, but "good grief, tut" anyway.

aaaaaaand, then there was...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3350 on: September 24, 2006, 04:51:53 PM »

That still doesnt answer my question though- do you think we have run people off??
i reckon that's probable.  but then, it was inevitable, given the raison d'etre of I2.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3351 on: September 24, 2006, 04:54:25 PM »

of course we have.

and then there were others who were not mentally capable of coping.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #3352 on: September 24, 2006, 04:57:11 PM »
Do you think that that is a problem specific to Intensity though?  I think somewhere like this drives off far fewer people than somewhere like WP, except on sites like that they do it by just sticking within the rules when they attack people so the other person can't fully hold them accountable for what they've said/what judgements they've made.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3353 on: September 24, 2006, 04:59:07 PM »

I'll never accept racism as a "different ideology", McJ. Never. Richard is a racist, there's nothing even remotely ideological about it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3354 on: September 24, 2006, 05:00:43 PM »
i didn't, actually, but "good grief, tut" anyway.

aaaaaaand, then there was...

I have the record with that cover, "Two Virgins". It's impossible to listen to it, but it's the most expensive record in my collection. By far.

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #3355 on: September 24, 2006, 05:01:25 PM »
She has a funny shaped arse

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3356 on: September 24, 2006, 05:06:50 PM »
Do you think that that is a problem specific to Intensity though?  I think somewhere like this drives off far fewer people than somewhere like WP, except on sites like that they do it by just sticking within the rules when they attack people so the other person can't fully hold them accountable for what they've said/what judgements they've made.

That's the problem with sites like WP. Sure, it's a good thing to be able to meet other aspies, and to have a good cry in the forum of the comfy chairs (or what was it that pyraxis calls it? :laugh: ), and to get advice for the 11-yo aspie boy throwing tantrums in the classroom, but if you have no alternatives (.e., us), the site will act as a sedative.

Or you'll be thrown off because you don't want to be sedated, because you are an adult and you want to be able to hold people accountable. You've had enough of the silent bullying.

Power to the people, that's what this place is about.

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3357 on: September 24, 2006, 05:10:05 PM »

I'll never accept racism as a "different ideology", McJ. Never. Richard is a racist, there's nothing even remotely ideological about it.

i disagree.

i think everybody needs to have a voice, no matter how bizaar their ideas seem.
i refuse to judge a person because of their lifes experiences.  i would like a chance to hear them out.  and maybe change their mind or they may change mine.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #3358 on: September 24, 2006, 05:15:44 PM »
I wanna be sedated right now.

* purposefulinsanity starts singing 'Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated, Nothin' to do no where to go-o-oh I wanna be sedated.....'

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3359 on: September 24, 2006, 05:17:26 PM »

i disagree.

i think everybody needs to have a voice, no matter how bizaar their ideas seem.
i refuse to judge a person because of their lifes experiences.  i would like a chance to hear them out.  and maybe change their mind or they may change mine.

I didn't say that they aren't allowed to have a voice, did I? I said that I'll never accept racism as a different ideology. It's not a fucking ideology, it's plain old bigotry, and I won't just shut up and watch it happen.

Racism is wrong, McJ. The racist is allowed his voice, but I won't suffer it silently.

- Albert Einstein