Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 372709 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #22425 on: December 24, 2009, 06:37:26 PM »
Tactic used by psychologists too sometimes.

I had one that managed to confuse me to meltdown point. After that she vehemently said I had anger issues. I was not angry, but at a loss. The fact that I said that I was not angry, only confirmed it to her. Even when I did react completely atypical to her tactics to let me cope with my anger. That should have been a give-away, but she was sure about her verdict. Nothing could change that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22426 on: December 24, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »
phlexor - I don't mean that your denying it bothers you shows that it does. That was just the general feeling I got.

Callaway - I'm not sure what that has to do with anything - did you flick thru your dossier and see that pmselle made me cry by saying I looked like a 12 year old? :( Is that why you said that? :(

nice try  :lol:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22427 on: December 24, 2009, 06:45:12 PM »
phlexor - I don't mean that your denying it bothers you shows that it does. That was just the general feeling I got.

Callaway - I'm not sure what that has to do with anything - did you flick thru your dossier and see that pmselle made me cry by saying I looked like a 12 year old? :( Is that why you said that? :(

Nobody says anything about me :'( :'( :'( :'(

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22428 on: December 24, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »
that's coz you haven't got yourself involved in our immature arguing yet - call me out for being a queerball and I'll give you your own free Dr Soph psychoanalysis  :2thumbsup:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22429 on: December 24, 2009, 06:51:11 PM »
I try and stay out of these things :soph:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22430 on: December 24, 2009, 07:05:08 PM »

Did she really make you cry by saying you looked like a twelve year old?  I honestly thought you were joking when you said that you cried.

I used that as a more concrete example of what Phlexor was saying.  You could use anyone else's name instead of yours, if you like.  It does not affect the logic.

If someone said that I was twelve and I denied it, then my denial would not be proof that I was twelve years old either.

If someone said that Parts was a yellow dog and he denied it, then his denial would not be proof that he is a yellow dog.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22431 on: December 24, 2009, 07:07:40 PM »

Did she really make you cry by saying you looked like a twelve year old?  I honestly thought you were joking when you said that you cried.

I used that as a more concrete example of what Phlexor was saying.  You could use anyone else's name instead of yours, if you like.  It does not affect the logic.

If someone said that I was twelve and I denied it, then my denial would not be proof that I was twelve years old either.

If someone said that Parts was a yellow dog and he denied it, then his denial would not be proof that he is a yellow dog.

But I am a yellow dog I do have black spots though and wear funny hats

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22432 on: December 24, 2009, 07:09:16 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22433 on: December 24, 2009, 07:11:17 PM »

It's the whole "protests too much" thing. Not the fact that someone denies it.
If someone constantly argues about somethig but then does the whole "...but I don't care!" thing over and over again, it looks like they do care really. Obviously my claiming I was 21 wouldn't make me 12. That's completely different though, not a very good example

And yeah I was joking about teh 12 year old comments - she didn't make me cry :P
I assumed you had misinterpreted it as me being serious though, as a lot of people on this site seem to misunderstand my sense of humour

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22434 on: December 24, 2009, 07:15:01 PM »
Here I am

[attachment deleted by admin]

George Bernard Shaw

GalileoAce

« Reply #22435 on: December 24, 2009, 07:20:13 PM »
Much ado about nothing really.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #22436 on: December 24, 2009, 07:28:21 PM »
Here I am

You look cute,

and somewhat aloof.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22437 on: December 24, 2009, 07:31:04 PM »

If someone constantly argues about somethig but then does the whole "...but I don't care!" thing over and over again, it looks like they do care really. Obviously my claiming I was 21 wouldn't make me 12. That's completely different though, not a very good example

And yeah I was joking about teh 12 year old comments - she didn't make me cry :P
I assumed you had misinterpreted it as me being serious though, as a lot of people on this site seem to misunderstand my sense of humour

nice try  :lol:

Did she really make you cry by saying you looked like a twelve year old?  I honestly thought you were joking when you said that you cried.

I used that as a more concrete example of what Phlexor was saying.  You could use anyone else's name instead of yours, if you like.  It does not affect the logic.

Let's say for the sake of argument that someone kept saying over and over again that you or I were twelve, though.  If we kept denying it every time someone said it, would that prove we were twelve?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22438 on: December 24, 2009, 07:31:46 PM »
Here I am

You are very cute, Parts.

:clap:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22439 on: December 24, 2009, 07:35:21 PM »
Sorry I do feel left out at times :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw