Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 373028 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #22380 on: December 21, 2009, 06:45:55 PM »
I'd imagine that if odeon wanted to give up on this place, he'd offer it up for someone else to take over first.  ;)

Celticgoddess

« Reply #22381 on: December 21, 2009, 07:15:23 PM »
I'm thinking I'll cry if Odeon closes the board for good :laugh:
Am wondering why you think this is a laugh?

I would be sad to see Intensity close down. There is a lot of history here. I wonder what the decision will be. Maybe Intensity is more trouble than it is worth?

I don't think it's a joking matter at all. I was laughing at the crying part because I wouldn't actually cry, but of course i would be quite sad. As I've said a number of times, I love my online dysfunctional family and I would hate to see I2 disappear because there are members on here who mean a lot to me. Even those that drive me batshit crazy, have something to offer, even if it's mere entertainment.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22382 on: December 21, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »

I would be sad to see Intensity close down. There is a lot of history here. I wonder what the decision will be. Maybe Intensity is more trouble than it is worth?

I don't think it's a joking matter at all. I was laughing at the crying part because I wouldn't actually cry, but of course i would be quite sad. As I've said a number of times, I love my online dysfunctional family and I would hate to see I2 disappear because there are members on here who mean a lot to me. Even those that drive me batshit crazy, have something to offer, even if it's mere entertainment.

I would literally cry.  I feel much the same about Intensity as you do.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22383 on: December 22, 2009, 02:36:12 AM »
Thinking that I should close down this board for good.
A post cap for a couple of members here would fix it...

Yeah, I've been thinking that, too.

To be honest there are only really three problem members in this regard. Me, Soph, and Bint. I think applying it to just us would be fairer on the rest of the board

What about Scrapheap? He's been spamming emoticons to deliberately fuck up people's computers

What about him?

OK get ready to ignore but this is honestly how I see it.

Scrap reacts to you two. Scrap will be Scrap and do what he does and post who he normally posts and if prodded by you two reacts. Without you two prodding he doesn't.
PPK he looks at logical flaws in arguments and was not attacking you two but the arguments as desperate and you two decided he was taking sides or whatever and the same can be said of Phlexor. They have always done this and done it well.
Shleed is about as even-handed and as in your face as you can get. He is honest and I really like this even when he dumps on me. Even when I don't agree with his POV he is honest.
Hadron is contrary and like Pyraxis will often just take a contrary position. Never a surprise when he does and I enjoy it.
GA is uber-sensitive about Trangenderism and will happily let his bigotry diffuse the battlelines in debate into "pro-transgender" and "anti-transgender"  where they don't exist and play the role of the condescending lecturer and his audience as being ignorant, even when it is only apparent to him.
Callaway and Sleeping Dragon are not really more than ring-ins prompted into having to defend themselves from the attentions of you two.

This leaves us three. We have deliberately gone at each other throughout the whole of the forum. Bint because she is a nasty piece of work without respect for others and with a high appreciation for causing dissension. You because you are happy taking her lead and not bright enough to see what this does to anyone but Bint. Me because (though I know better) I choose not to leave bad behaviour unchecked, and against all advise, reason and logic (which would pronounce it a "bad idea") choose to hound you two.

That is honest and how it is. We three are culpable. I hope Bint's timeout in the "naughty corner" will cool her heels but if not I will be on her case. I think you are almost as bad as her but to your credit have been better the last couple of days with her in the naughty corner.

EDIT: I re-read this and want to disclaim whilst I see things arrogantly and righteously I have been in many ways even in my estimation as bad as Bint and as nasty. I am just as culpable and do are you Soph. Every bit.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 03:11:17 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22384 on: December 22, 2009, 03:26:37 AM »
I'd imagine that if odeon wanted to give up on this place, he'd offer it up for someone else to take over first.  ;)

Oh yes, definitely.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22385 on: December 22, 2009, 03:29:23 AM »

It sometimes feels that way, but I would simply ask someone else to take over, in that case.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22386 on: December 22, 2009, 03:44:13 AM »

It sometimes feels that way, but I would simply ask someone else to take over, in that case.

Hell Odeon a few months ago you were wanting to consider closing this place because it was too quiet. It REALLY isn't now. But on the upside with Bint sinbinned we have the activity without the spam and drama. Not a bad trade-off. What are your thoughts?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

GalileoAce

« Reply #22387 on: December 22, 2009, 06:51:25 AM »
If I2 was closed, there would be another to take it's place. It is the way of things.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #22388 on: December 22, 2009, 09:00:25 AM »
If I2 was closed, there would be another to take it's place. It is the way of things.

But the dynamic here is different. I've been on a lot of forums...one of them I'm going on 8 years now. And the reason why I love this place is because of the people who are here. Even with our various spats. It really is a dysfunctional family and I like catching up and seeing what people are up to. I would miss that greatly if it were to go. But I can see from Odeon's perspective how tiring it is for him, and the mod team when the place is spammed to hell and people want more content than bullshit.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #22389 on: December 22, 2009, 01:56:56 PM »

But the dynamic here is different. I've been on a lot of forums...one of them I'm going on 8 years now. And the reason why I love this place is because of the people who are here. Even with our various spats. It really is a dysfunctional family and I like catching up and seeing what people are up to. I would miss that greatly if it were to go. But I can see from Odeon's perspective how tiring it is for him, and the mod team when the place is spammed to hell and people want more content than bullshit.

I agree.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22390 on: December 22, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »

Hell Odeon a few months ago you were wanting to consider closing this place because it was too quiet. It REALLY isn't now. But on the upside with Bint sinbinned we have the activity without the spam and drama. Not a bad trade-off. What are your thoughts?

There's always going to be drama because it's what places like this are really about. It's a necessary part of this. I know that and I accept that. I just need to vent every now and then.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22391 on: December 22, 2009, 04:55:58 PM »

Exactly.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22392 on: December 22, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »

Agreed. Only, there is no mod team.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #22393 on: December 22, 2009, 05:45:28 PM »
I like that this place isn't run by little Hitlers.  There's no shortage of sites where the admins and mods are completely anal about off-topic posts and disagreements between members, and it makes those sites about as interesting as mashed potato and as liberating as a straight jacket.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22394 on: December 22, 2009, 06:43:37 PM »
How did I miss this thread?  Too much time at work not enough play
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw