Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 374045 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #22260 on: December 09, 2009, 06:29:00 AM »
Thinking on how many times you can return the same wrongly addressed mail to sender.

I'm going on 5.5 years and counting over here.  ::)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22261 on: December 09, 2009, 07:29:38 AM »
lol Yeah I probably would not answer  :laugh:

I do texts though but didnt get any random I2 texts

swines

Anyway yeh we're still getting mail addressed to the last people who lived here, and we mpved here in like 2001 or 2002

Celticgoddess

« Reply #22262 on: December 09, 2009, 07:34:01 AM »
I wish the boy was snowed in with me.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22263 on: December 09, 2009, 07:49:50 AM »
Peter getting that shit checked out is best. Don't ignore chest pain either. It is retarded.
Why do you take amphetamines? Health reasons?
The short answer is that I take them for my ADHD, but the situation is more complex than that, since they have other benefits that aren't directly related to my ADHD. 

On the ADHD side of things, they help me to focus on things, make it easier for me to switch my focus between things as necessary, rather than obsessively focusing on one thing to the exclusion of everything else and have a physically calming effect on me that eliminates my stimming motions.

On the non-ADHD side, they greatly improve my sleep; normally, my sleep pattern is very unstable and my sleep is often unrefreshing, so sometimes I'll be awake all night and asleep for half the day, or will sleep for 10 hours at night and be exhausted in the morning, or will get really tired half-way through the day and will need to nap for a few hours, or some other craziness, and with amphetamines, I'm able to go to sleep at roughly the same time every night, get up at the same time every morning feeling fresh and rested and get through every day without crashing and needing to nap half-way through.

I also normally suffer from chronic low-level depression, and amphetamines lift my mood to what I regard as a normal level, plus I normally have periodic dips into deeper depressions, and amphetamines stabilise my mood so that the dips are far shallower and more manageable.

Another thing is that they relax me and decrease my anxiety.

They also make voluntary movement easier, so I'm much more able to turn my thoughts into physical actions, rather than have them simply bounce around my head while I sit in my chair.  I'm normally lethargic and find that it requires a lot of effort and willpower to get up and do physical things like cleaning the house or working in the garden, but it's quite effortless with amphetamines.  Voluntary and involuntary movements are regulated by different brain regions which have differing responses to dopamine, thus amphetamines can increase voluntary motion while suppressing involuntary motion in dopamine-deficient individuals.

Considering the difference they make to my quality of life, I find them well worth the risk, which isn't particularly high as medications go. 
It is much the same for me except for sleep - I go through insomnia cycles. Plus I like to give the Dex a miss every now and then just so I can sleep deeply all day. :)  Not very often, though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Celticgoddess

« Reply #22264 on: December 09, 2009, 07:59:44 AM »
I  just realized it's Wednesday, not Thursday. That means my meeting with the ex is tomorrow not today. I've been a day ahead of myself all week.  :facepalm2:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22265 on: December 09, 2009, 08:45:12 AM »
Peter getting that shit checked out is best. Don't ignore chest pain either. It is retarded.
Why do you take amphetamines? Health reasons?
The short answer is that I take them for my ADHD, but the situation is more complex than that, since they have other benefits that aren't directly related to my ADHD. 

On the ADHD side of things, they help me to focus on things, make it easier for me to switch my focus between things as necessary, rather than obsessively focusing on one thing to the exclusion of everything else and have a physically calming effect on me that eliminates my stimming motions.

On the non-ADHD side, they greatly improve my sleep; normally, my sleep pattern is very unstable and my sleep is often unrefreshing, so sometimes I'll be awake all night and asleep for half the day, or will sleep for 10 hours at night and be exhausted in the morning, or will get really tired half-way through the day and will need to nap for a few hours, or some other craziness, and with amphetamines, I'm able to go to sleep at roughly the same time every night, get up at the same time every morning feeling fresh and rested and get through every day without crashing and needing to nap half-way through.

I also normally suffer from chronic low-level depression, and amphetamines lift my mood to what I regard as a normal level, plus I normally have periodic dips into deeper depressions, and amphetamines stabilise my mood so that the dips are far shallower and more manageable.

Another thing is that they relax me and decrease my anxiety.

They also make voluntary movement easier, so I'm much more able to turn my thoughts into physical actions, rather than have them simply bounce around my head while I sit in my chair.  I'm normally lethargic and find that it requires a lot of effort and willpower to get up and do physical things like cleaning the house or working in the garden, but it's quite effortless with amphetamines.  Voluntary and involuntary movements are regulated by different brain regions which have differing responses to dopamine, thus amphetamines can increase voluntary motion while suppressing involuntary motion in dopamine-deficient individuals.

Considering the difference they make to my quality of life, I find them well worth the risk, which isn't particularly high as medications go. 
It is much the same for me except for sleep - I go through insomnia cycles. Plus I like to give the Dex a miss every now and then just so I can sleep deeply all day. :)  Not very often, though.

It is 1:45am and I have work at 6 and this is not overly unusual.  :lol:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #22266 on: December 09, 2009, 08:52:53 AM »
It's 1:52 am, and Sleepy Dragon is sleepy, but I have to stay up for a while longer. Older son has invited a couple of friends over following his Year 10 formal, and Mum is providing taxi service.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22267 on: December 09, 2009, 08:57:59 AM »
Awesome. Just been shopping with the dog. Got a sausage toy and somestrawberry-flavoured (  ??? lol) dog bone sweets

Tempted to get mcdonalds on the way back, but that would have meant leaving Lil outside on her own and she would have been devastated haha

Bastards don't let dogs in mcdonalds: :(

Blasted

« Reply #22268 on: December 09, 2009, 09:58:02 AM »
lol Yeah I probably would not answer  :laugh:

I do texts though but didnt get any random I2 texts

swines

Anyway yeh we're still getting mail addressed to the last people who lived here, and we mpved here in like 2001 or 2002

Hey, I text you!  >:(

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22269 on: December 09, 2009, 05:25:27 PM »
I need to take that stupid backup and go to bed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22270 on: December 09, 2009, 10:43:49 PM »
Awesome. Just been shopping with the dog. Got a sausage toy and somestrawberry-flavoured (  ??? lol) dog bone sweets

Tempted to get mcdonalds on the way back, but that would have meant leaving Lil outside on her own and she would have been devastated haha

Bastards don't let dogs in mcdonalds: :(
Get Lily registered as a service dog and then you can take her anywhere. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Blasted

« Reply #22271 on: December 10, 2009, 03:26:25 AM »
People are heartless cunts.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22272 on: December 10, 2009, 03:43:38 AM »
People are heartless cunts.

We try
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Blasted

« Reply #22273 on: December 10, 2009, 03:45:46 AM »
Yeah dipshit, I didn't mean you.  You're just a thick bastard 'tis all  ::)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22274 on: December 10, 2009, 08:28:30 AM »
Wondering how possible it would be to start an actual *trend* of I2 members having QC-themed avatars.  I doubt it would catch on the way member-quotes-in-sigs has.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.