Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 374092 times)

Blasted

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #22245 on: December 08, 2009, 12:22:47 AM »
It's morning already  :zombiefuck:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #22246 on: December 08, 2009, 03:40:12 AM »
I've got to see the nurse at the doctor's surgery on Thursday to get an ECG, since my amphetamine has been increased to 40mg/day and the psychiatrist doesn't want me to have a heart attack.

Has your blood pressure gone up because of the extra medicine or is this just a precaution?

It's just a precaution.  My blood pressure is a little high at the moment by my standards, at 120/70mmHG, but I think that's due to a combination of going back on my meds after taking a short break from them, and taking more caffeine than usual, which has a much stronger effect than amphetamine on my blood pressure, heart rate and other autonomic functions, and also enhances and prolongs the effects of amphetamine.  My blood pressure while on 35mg/day of amphetamine and no caffeine was usually about 105/65, and I get dizzy spells when it goes lower than that.

There's a history of heart attacks in the males on my mum's side of the family though, so I'm happy to get checked out.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22247 on: December 08, 2009, 04:22:33 AM »
Peter getting that shit checked out is best. Don't ignore chest pain either. It is retarded.
Why do you take amphetamines? Health reasons?

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #22248 on: December 08, 2009, 04:31:41 AM »
Wondering what mischief Screap has been up to, over at the "Z." :o

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #22249 on: December 08, 2009, 05:31:22 AM »
Peter getting that shit checked out is best. Don't ignore chest pain either. It is retarded.
Why do you take amphetamines? Health reasons?

The short answer is that I take them for my ADHD, but the situation is more complex than that, since they have other benefits that aren't directly related to my ADHD. 

On the ADHD side of things, they help me to focus on things, make it easier for me to switch my focus between things as necessary, rather than obsessively focusing on one thing to the exclusion of everything else and have a physically calming effect on me that eliminates my stimming motions.

On the non-ADHD side, they greatly improve my sleep; normally, my sleep pattern is very unstable and my sleep is often unrefreshing, so sometimes I'll be awake all night and asleep for half the day, or will sleep for 10 hours at night and be exhausted in the morning, or will get really tired half-way through the day and will need to nap for a few hours, or some other craziness, and with amphetamines, I'm able to go to sleep at roughly the same time every night, get up at the same time every morning feeling fresh and rested and get through every day without crashing and needing to nap half-way through.

I also normally suffer from chronic low-level depression, and amphetamines lift my mood to what I regard as a normal level, plus I normally have periodic dips into deeper depressions, and amphetamines stabilise my mood so that the dips are far shallower and more manageable.

Another thing is that they relax me and decrease my anxiety.

They also make voluntary movement easier, so I'm much more able to turn my thoughts into physical actions, rather than have them simply bounce around my head while I sit in my chair.  I'm normally lethargic and find that it requires a lot of effort and willpower to get up and do physical things like cleaning the house or working in the garden, but it's quite effortless with amphetamines.  Voluntary and involuntary movements are regulated by different brain regions which have differing responses to dopamine, thus amphetamines can increase voluntary motion while suppressing involuntary motion in dopamine-deficient individuals.

Considering the difference they make to my quality of life, I find them well worth the risk, which isn't particularly high as medications go. 
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22250 on: December 08, 2009, 05:41:35 AM »
I am very drug adverse but mate it sounds like you are on to a winner. :)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #22251 on: December 08, 2009, 06:48:18 AM »
EBM rocks.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22252 on: December 08, 2009, 07:02:21 AM »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22254 on: December 08, 2009, 06:09:24 PM »
Gotta go library after lectures tomorrow and get some stuff done for my assignment

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #22255 on: December 08, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
Why none of you will call me!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22256 on: December 08, 2009, 07:11:33 PM »
I posted my mobile number one here a couple times and none of them called me either  >:(

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #22257 on: December 09, 2009, 02:27:51 AM »
I posted my mobile number one here a couple times and none of them called me either  >:(

Didn't you say you would not answer? Only taking calls from your mum?

Too lazy to look it up. :P
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #22258 on: December 09, 2009, 02:30:04 AM »
Thinking on how many times you can return the same wrongly addressed mail to sender.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Celticgoddess

« Reply #22259 on: December 09, 2009, 06:28:11 AM »

I called. but it didn't work. :P