Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 375730 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #21495 on: October 21, 2009, 08:01:23 AM »

Still wondering whenever or not to unleash my dark side yet, Jekyll needs to take a break. :toporly:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21496 on: October 21, 2009, 08:02:13 AM »

I'm thinking the Red Hot Chili Peppers were so much better when they were all on heroin.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #21497 on: October 21, 2009, 08:05:14 AM »

I'm thinking the Red Hot Chili Peppers were so much better when they were all on heroin.

Stephen King's books were better when he was drugged out of his mind.

Blasted

« Reply #21498 on: October 21, 2009, 08:47:01 AM »
Did another quiz on FB (yep I'm bored) called 'How will your life be in 10 years time?' and got Loner  :lol:

"You do not have a job. You have lost your family. You have no children, or pets, or anyone who loves you. You have no car, or any type of transportation. You live in a cozy little box with loads of blankets you stole from the Salvation Army."

:(

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21499 on: October 21, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »
Why does getting up late on a weekday make me feel guilty even when I have absolutely no reason not to?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21500 on: October 21, 2009, 10:29:07 AM »
Also why can't I just be happy that for once I seem to be mututally attracted to someone who isn't a loser, instead of getting an inferiority complex about how I still have a few months left before I'll be able to launch my career, even though I'm not only right on track with everything but also am going to end up doing what I've been wanting to do since I was thirteen????   :duh:

Blasted

« Reply #21501 on: October 21, 2009, 10:34:38 AM »
Silly you.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21502 on: October 21, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »
Silly you.
Once again, I'm not thinking like a normal woman- if I were a golddigging whore I'd be all happy instead of all insecure.

Blasted

« Reply #21503 on: October 21, 2009, 10:43:32 AM »
Silly you.
Once again, I'm not thinking like a normal woman- if I were a golddigging whore I'd be all happy instead of all insecure.

O rly? :P

It's normal to be insecure, especially if someone gets all freaked out when it comes to intimacy

Celticgoddess

« Reply #21504 on: October 21, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »
Silly you.

I don't think that would make you a normal woman, I think that would make you a golddigging whore. :laugh:

You've got a lot of things up in there air while you go through a big life shift. Totally normal to feel insecure. Also normal to over analyze. And if you're anything like me, that's not always a good thing. Try and go with the flow a bit more. One step at a time. Blah blah blah. Easier said than done, eh?

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21505 on: October 21, 2009, 10:45:06 AM »

Doesn't make you 'not normal'. Just means you are more career-driven than "I need to pop out crumb-snatchers" motivated. Nothing wrong with that. You have your own priorities, no need to feel insecure because they aren't the same as the women around you.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #21506 on: October 21, 2009, 10:59:02 AM »
I need a nap.  Days of just appoints make me sleepy too much social interaction
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21507 on: October 21, 2009, 11:04:55 AM »
Doesn't make you 'not normal'. Just means you are more career-driven than "I need to pop out crumb-snatchers" motivated. Nothing wrong with that. You have your own priorities, no need to feel insecure because they aren't the same as the women around you.
I love how you put that.  :D

I'm not insecure about that- that's something I like about myself- but the guy in question is a couple of months younger than me and has already been gainfully employed in a pretty awesome job for a year and a half and has a great social network of fellow young successful nerds who actually go out and do cool stuff despite not having grown up in the area.  Me?  I'm working for free right now at a job that's technically part time but still manages, at times, to totally eat my life, in debt up to my eyeballs, still relying on my dad (and a hell of a lot of loan money) for financial support, have lost a fair amount of my undergraduate friends to various circumstances (like them moving on to bigger and better things, just plain losing touch, in-group sexual liasons, or other such silly endeavors), have kept a couple of core college friends who are fantastic people but whose social group (which is at this point mine by-proxy) doesn't tend to do much other than smoke pot breed and buy things they can't afford, nobody else in my graduate classes ever seems to want to hang out with me (I think it's about 50/50 they're busy as fuck and for whatever reason just plain don't like me), and a fair portion of my socialization still comes from facebook or Intensity.  Basically I feel like a fucking retard by comparison.  That most of the rest of the difference can be accounted for by the type of field I'm going into, where I am right now in my career, and where my peers are right now in their careers and lives for some reason doesn't help me feel much better.

I don't think that would make you a normal woman, I think that would make you a golddigging whore. :laugh:

You've got a lot of things up in there air while you go through a big life shift. Totally normal to feel insecure. Also normal to over analyze. And if you're anything like me, that's not always a good thing. Try and go with the flow a bit more. One step at a time. Blah blah blah. Easier said than done, eh?
No, it's not.  I don't think much of anything in my psychotic paragraph above has occured to this kid- if I had to guess I'd say his brain prolly stopped at "She's a geek like me and she looks cute in a miniskirt.  Want."

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21508 on: October 21, 2009, 11:08:40 AM »

I'm not insecure about that- that's something I like about myself- but the guy in question is a couple of months younger than me and has already been gainfully employed in a pretty awesome job for a year and a half and has a great social network of fellow young successful nerds who actually go out and do cool stuff despite not having grown up in the area.  Me?  I'm working for free right now at a job that's technically part time but still manages, at times, to totally eat my life, in debt up to my eyeballs, still relying on my dad (and a hell of a lot of loan money) for financial support, have lost a fair amount of my undergraduate friends to various circumstances (like them moving on to bigger and better things, just plain losing touch, in-group sexual liasons, or other such silly endeavors), have kept a couple of core college friends who are fantastic people but whose social group (which is at this point mine by-proxy) doesn't tend to do much other than smoke pot breed and buy things they can't afford, nobody else in my graduate classes ever seems to want to hang out with me (I think it's about 50/50 they're busy as fuck and for whatever reason just plain don't like me), and a fair portion of my socialization still comes from facebook or Intensity.  Basically I feel like a fucking retard by comparison.  That most of the rest of the difference can be accounted for by the type of field I'm going into, where I am right now in my career, and where my peers are right now in their careers and lives for some reason doesn't help me feel much better.

As a guy, I can assure you that if he likes you, he isn't going to give a shit about any of that.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21509 on: October 21, 2009, 11:13:59 AM »

As a guy, I can assure you that if he likes you, he isn't going to give a shit about any of that.
Lol, I am guessing the same thing; at least I have that part of how I think in working order.