Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 376106 times)

Blasted

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #21015 on: September 28, 2009, 10:54:32 AM »
General bias in domestic violence.

Can't be violent towards women but women can be violent towards men. (either make it legal for both, or not for either :laugh:)

In general, men are much much more physically stronger than women therefore they can cause more harm if they get violent.  However, I'm only talking generally.  I am aware of the fact that there have been cases where women did serious damage to men, yet it's usually the other way round.

Hypocrisy in general, males can't take the piss out of females without being accused of being sexist, while females can take the piss out of males with little trouble.

Now that is just bollocks  :laugh:

You're more likely to be imprisoned for accused rape (even if you didn't) if you're male.

Conviction rates for rape are very low.  I don't know the actual statistics but read this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/mar/13/rape-convictions-low

I do know you are probably not bothered enough to discuss this properly but it just makes me laugh when white males go on about the injustices they experience.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:56:35 AM by Miss Bint »

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #21016 on: September 28, 2009, 11:05:15 AM »
I never had to face injustices since IRL i'm quiet and introverted, but it's from general observation. I'm only going by Ireland here, so it could be different elsewhere.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21017 on: September 28, 2009, 11:18:17 AM »
The violence thing is because a man hitting a woman would usually do more damage than a woman hitting a man. If it genuinely is domestic violence and the women is seriously hurting the guy, he can still go the the police. But obviously it's usually worse when a 6ft bloke batters his wife than the wife hitting the man.

Obviously there are women who are strnger than men, but generally that's how it is.

Similar with rape, although that's obviously more cimplicated. Clearly men can get raped, but they're less likely to say anything about it and less likely to view it as rape if it was a woman doing it.

Not being able to take the piss out of women is bollocks. If you go down that route then you've got to take into account all the similar things in the opposite direction: like men sleeping with lots of women is cool, but women sleeping with lots of men are slags.

Bollocks I do see against me though, would be the pervert/sex offender stuff. Like a man on his own near kids is maybe a paedo. I remember some thing about men who are in parks on their own with no kid or dog and how people were saying they shouldn't be there because it looks dodgy with kids around, even if they might just be going for a walk (I often just go for a walk on my own, but I always take the dog or something so I don't look suspicious.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #21018 on: September 28, 2009, 11:26:37 AM »
Forgot about the paedo stuff. It's worse if you're a photographer and also male, you're most likely to be called a paedo or pervert. Happened to me a few times, from people shouting "fucking perv!" to some bint demanding me to show her my photos because she thought I was taking pictures of her kids.... I was using a macro lens to take pictures of spiders, wasn't even interested in her little shitheads.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21019 on: September 28, 2009, 11:29:20 AM »
That's why I never take pictures near the playground bit at the park :P

I'd probably be ok as I look more like a 12 year old buy than an old pervert, but still. It's understandable that people worry about their kids, but people get proper paranoid about these kinda things now

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21020 on: September 28, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »
Couldn't give a shite if she's a man hater or not. So far she's not too bad though. Unfunny and annoying as fuck though, almost as bad as TCO.

Although I'm for equal rights between sexes, I don't really agree with feminism because it is biased towards females who only want their rights, but ignore the injustices the opposite sex has. A lot of them are fucking crazy too, even if they deny it. Had one accuse me of being a pervert online because I disagreed with her.

I'd rather the term "equalist" if they want equality between sexes.
In terms of really extreme feminism, I'd agree- that's why the term "feminism" often leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  There's a difference between wanting euqal rights and wanting to gain equal rights by crushing your "opponent"- let alone designating your "opponent" as "anyone with a penis."
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21021 on: September 28, 2009, 12:31:57 PM »
People misinterpret wanting equal rights for being a nutcase who wants more rights than others - you see it with the gay stuff as well. About how gays want "special" rights or "more" rights. They probably said the same about black people too. It's just a minority of weirdos who are that extreme though.

What most of all this shows (the stuff shleed listed etc), isn't that feminism is a problem. It's that gender stereotypes have way too much power

Blasted

« Reply #21022 on: September 28, 2009, 03:14:36 PM »
I still feel incredibly festive  :o

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #21023 on: September 28, 2009, 05:01:36 PM »
How much of the male restrictions are imposed by other men though? I mean, how often does it comes back down to male-to-male competition-- whereas females, while still competitive, often have a different approach.

I was thinking about this last night in fact. I was out with bf, my mother, and a friend at a rock benefit concert, and there were women who obviously knew each other and would come up and hug each other, give each other friendly kisses, be much more physical, help each other, etc. While of course the men wouldn't be caught dead doing something like that.
Flibbit.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21024 on: September 28, 2009, 05:06:54 PM »

...and there were women who obviously knew each other and would come up and hug each other, give each other friendly kisses, be much more physical, help each other, etc.

Then as soon as they were out of earshot, they talked about how much of a bitch the other is.

Blasted

« Reply #21025 on: September 28, 2009, 05:07:53 PM »
True  :lol:  Women suck.

Blasted

« Reply #21026 on: September 28, 2009, 05:45:03 PM »
I wonder if there's any chance of me skiving off tomorrow  :orly:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21027 on: September 28, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »
True  :lol:  Women suck.
Which is one of the main reasons men put up with our bullshit.   :green:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #21028 on: September 29, 2009, 12:16:37 AM »
I got guitar lessons tomorrow.
Park.

Blasted

« Reply #21029 on: September 29, 2009, 12:18:24 AM »
I've got lessons in roughly an hour and a half.  I've had practically no sleep  :zombiefuck: