Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 376116 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #21000 on: September 27, 2009, 08:23:12 PM »
Rather tempted to start a topic in polls or the ginseng forum asking if I seem like a rabid feminist, or a feminist at all.  I've been told IRL that I'm a bit of an equal-opportunity sexist- i.e. I bash men and women according to respective applicable stereotypes- but I wonder if I present more one-sided on this forum.

Frankly I've alwasy though the hysterical feminists (*the "PENII ARE EVIL!!!!" types who think battered men's shelters somehow harm women by existing) were retarded and add to the stereotype that all women are crazy, but then again I've been raised to take it for granted that women are at least as good as men and should be treated as such, so when someone seems to think differently I basically jsut assume they're an idiot or an asshole, not an "evil male" (or "poor brainwashed female.")

Then again this is within my own current context- a rather liberal part of America where I can actually hold these views and expect not to have a hard time finding people who think relatively similarly.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:43:57 PM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Blasted

« Reply #21001 on: September 27, 2009, 08:26:37 PM »
Pah!  You are not a feminazi  8)

Also, good luck Soph tomorrow.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21002 on: September 27, 2009, 08:28:12 PM »
rabit feminist

You mean a rabbit femininst? :bunny:

Make a thread yo

and thanks. Everybody better be thinking of me tomorrow afternoon while I'm sat having a nervous breakdown in class  :P

P7PSP

« Reply #21003 on: September 27, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »
Rather tempted to start a topic in polls or the ginseng forum asking if I seem like a rabit feminist, or a feminist at all.  I've been told IRL that I'm a bit of an equal-opportunity sexist- i.e. I bash men and women according to respective applicable stereotypes- but I wonder if I present more one-sided on this forum.
I inferred rabit feminism from your posts in SGs thread about paying her BF not to fuck her. We argued about it at the time.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21004 on: September 27, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »
There is actually a thing as rabit feminism?  :duh:

I thought it was a typo lol

What is rabit feminism/?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21005 on: September 27, 2009, 08:39:40 PM »
I am worried about my anxiety tomorrow. First lectures/seminar of the year. They always try ang get people to introduce themselves. I dunno what my tutor's like or what the other people in the class will be like. Hopefully someone's hot though :P
Just stand up, say "Hey, I'm Soph, this class looks really difficult, and I'm hoping to form a study group with whatever sexy ladies are interested.  In studying.  Anatomy."

You should do fine.  I think lots of people get nervous on the first day.  Honestly I still kinda dislike those stupid little round-of-introduction things, and at this point I know virtually everyone in my classes.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21006 on: September 27, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »
Haha- didn't think so.

Though then again maybe it's US GIRLS STCKING TOGETHER.  :toporly:

I inferred rabit feminism from your posts in SGs thread about paying her BF not to fuck her. We argued about it at the time.
'ats why I wondered- I knew there were places where I prolly gave off the vibe.  In that particular case I'd say it's a human rights thing and not a girl power thing; it's just a hell of a lot rarer that you hear about a male partner being pressured/pestered/coerced into sex by a female partner.

There is actually a thing as rabit feminism?  :duh:

I thought it was a typo lol

What is rabit feminism/?
It was.  I'll go fix it.  I mean rabid, not rabit.

Blasted

« Reply #21007 on: September 27, 2009, 08:45:57 PM »
Haha- didn't think so.

Though then again maybe it's US GIRLS STCKING TOGETHER.  :toporly:

Doubt it, I despise most girls  :orly:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21008 on: September 27, 2009, 08:49:40 PM »
Yeah I think the introduction things are pointless after first year. Kind of annoying even in first year, as no one remembers everyone's name from that first thing anyway. Or at least I don;'t  :P

I don't think you come across as a rabid feminist. I think you come across as very smart and emotionally strong (I dunno you well enough obviously to know if you are or not - the second one I mean, I'm sure you are smart  :P  but that's the impression I get), and this probably intimidates a lot of guys

You seem to have very strong views on rape/sex/consent as well. More so than most women. People probably subconsciously see that partly as a feminist thing, although I don't think it should be, and from what I remember I agree with you on the things I know anything about

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21009 on: September 27, 2009, 09:06:43 PM »
Yeah I think the introduction things are pointless after first year. Kind of annoying even in first year, as no one remembers everyone's name from that first thing anyway. Or at least I don;'t  :P
Give a false name and see if anyone notices!!!!  ;)

I don't think you come across as a rabid feminist. I think you come across as very smart and emotionally strong (I dunno you well enough obviously to know if you are or not - the second one I mean, I'm sure you are smart  :P  but that's the impression I get), and this probably intimidates a lot of guys
Not sure what emotionally strong means, but I've been told IRL I'm rather vulcan-like- I have strong emotions but I'm also hyperlogical, even about normally "emotional" things.   :laugh:  One aspect of this that almost definitely intimidates guys is my ability to see through facades/bullshit and my willingness to call people on it- I do it more often online than IRL, but I've had my moments in-person too.  IRL, I'll almost definitely soften the blow with humor, and am probably just trying to poke fun in the first place.

You seem to have very strong views on rape/sex/consent as well. More so than most women. People probably subconsciously see that partly as a feminist thing, although I don't think it should be
I agree that it shouldn't be but traditionally is.  I may well have stronger views than most women, or maybe I've just thought about it more.  I remember getting actually a bit upset in an argument with one of my exes about whether or not men could be raped- he said they couldn't be, and, obviously, I said that arousal = / = consent.  Frankly I've been known to make some really horrifying jokes on the topic (as in "did she REALLY just say that??"), but it bothered me that he really did seem to have such a different view of consent than I do.  I think it's more of a human rights thing than just a feminist thing, at least with me.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21010 on: September 27, 2009, 09:27:09 PM »

One aspect of this that almost definitely intimidates guys is my ability to see through facades/bullshit and my willingness to call people on it- I do it more often online than IRL, but I've had my moments in-person too.  IRL, I'll almost definitely soften the blow with humor, and am probably just trying to poke fun in the first place.

I can see where doing this to someone who lacked sufficient intelligence to spar with you intellectually would cause them to label you as a "man-hater".

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21011 on: September 28, 2009, 09:31:14 AM »
One aspect of this that almost definitely intimidates guys is my ability to see through facades/bullshit and my willingness to call people on it- I do it more often online than IRL, but I've had my moments in-person too.  IRL, I'll almost definitely soften the blow with humor, and am probably just trying to poke fun in the first place.

I can see where doing this to someone who lacked sufficient intelligence to spar with you intellectually would cause them to label you as a "man-hater".
Lol, that'd be no great loss- I'd get bored with them pretty fast.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #21012 on: September 28, 2009, 10:18:23 AM »
Couldn't give a shite if she's a man hater or not. So far she's not too bad though. Unfunny and annoying as fuck though, almost as bad as TCO.

Although I'm for equal rights between sexes, I don't really agree with feminism because it is biased towards females who only want their rights, but ignore the injustices the opposite sex has. A lot of them are fucking crazy too, even if they deny it. Had one accuse me of being a pervert online because I disagreed with her.

I'd rather the term "equalist" if they want equality between sexes.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:20:11 AM by MrShledge »

Blasted

« Reply #21013 on: September 28, 2009, 10:29:56 AM »
I'm no feminist, but what injustices exactly?  :laugh:  The average, white male has the most rights that anyone else in the world.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #21014 on: September 28, 2009, 10:45:15 AM »
You're more likely to be imprisoned for accused rape (even if you didn't) if you're male.

General bias in domestic violence.

Hypocrisy in general, males can't take the piss out of females without being accused of being sexist, while females can take the piss out of males with little trouble.

Can't be violent towards women but women can be violent towards men. (either make it legal for both, or not for either :laugh:)

Those sort of things, although personally I'm not losing sleep over it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:46:46 AM by MrShledge »