Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 372881 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #19170 on: May 19, 2009, 02:32:15 PM »
I'm proud of my Polish heritage  8)

They make a mean sausage!!! :zoinks:

... but she's not into sausage. She prefers clams, I think.

:lol:

Actually I've decided to give the sausage a go  :zoinks:
Do we know the lucky bastard that is going to give you a deep dicking?
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19171 on: May 19, 2009, 03:06:18 PM »
I'm hungry too.

I am, but I have been scared to eat anything since I went to the doctor last week. I know that my craving of salt has contributed to my hereditary high blood pressure.

I have always been on the high side of borderline "acceptable"  with my blood pressure and except for way too much salt, I eat fairly well. When I went in last week to the doctor and (my regular doc was off, so I saw a new doc, I had not yet met) She was far more concerned with my blood pressure than any back pain or lower extremity numbness I could describe to her.
One of the reasons she made me stay so long was to monitor me and see if the opiate shot to relieve the pain would lower my BP enough to feel safe prescribing additional medications for me to take home. Intense pain is known to raise BP, but still she was worried when after taking my BP twice by the nurse, then once for herself to confirm (212/132) that the reading was correct. She said that normally, she would admit me to the hospital immediately, but she had seen no other symptoms of stress, so she had me do some "light exercise" as part of her diagnosis of my back condition, constantly monitoring my BP and it went down, when "if I was about to blow"  it should have gone up, dangerously.
After about half an hour and an opiate, anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxer shots in my butt and a cortisone shot to the back, my BP was 140/103 - still too high, but hardly "Take Immediate Action"  high.
She wants me to come back in this week and do stress tests.
 :wanker:
I will. It has been about three years since I went through the entire work up, even though I have to submit to the bloodwork often. I suppose I am overdue.

I have only eaten fresh fruit and nuts since last week and even more water than I normally drink. No salt or saturated fats, until I figure out if this was a passing thing or the wave of my future.
 :hahaha:

:crossed:

I hope it's just a passing thing, Dawg.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #19172 on: May 19, 2009, 03:11:13 PM »
They have medicines that help lower your blood pressure, if it is still high when you go back.

Yeah, my dad was taking them when he was in his early forties. I may be at the start of a "whole new world"  of failing health for myself.
I'm more than a little scared, to be quite honest.

Well, 212/132 is scary high blood pressure.

Of course like you said, you were in a lot of pain at the time.

You could buy a blood pressure monitor for home and take several readings to see what your blood pressure does with normal activities.  They aren't very expensive.

Even if you needed to take blood pressure medicine, I don't think that means your health is failing.  Taking the medicine would be a way of stayng healthy.

I know you are right, but taking pills every day still feels like depending on something outside of my own control to be healthy.

I already have a BP monitor that my mom gave me. I have only used it a few times, but it seems to be consistent. Maybe I should get it out and use it for a while.
I buried it deep into the closet after my mom left and I have not touched it since.

Kind of like burying my head in the sand, I suppose.

The only good thing to note about all that high BP stuff last week was that, once I had made it all the way down that endless hallway, on my crutches, to the room they had set aside for me, suffering greatly with every movement, she tried to raise my BP even further with activity and my BP went down quite a lot.

I am holding to the hope that it was all due to the extreme pain I was enduring and that my average BP is not that high above normal. I can accept treatments, eventually, as many others my age have had to do.
I will dig out that BP monitor and take a few looks for myself later tonight
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19173 on: May 19, 2009, 03:17:02 PM »

I think that shows great courage on your part.

Please, choose carefully. Most are tainted and can make you sick.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19174 on: May 19, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »

I recommend you try a sausage with some clams. :zoinks:

I was going to suggest that, but you beat me to it.

A kind of buffer for all and a fun time, hopefully.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19175 on: May 19, 2009, 11:39:09 PM »
They have medicines that help lower your blood pressure, if it is still high when you go back.

Yeah, my dad was taking them when he was in his early forties. I may be at the start of a "whole new world"  of failing health for myself.

You could buy a blood pressure monitor for home and take several readings to see what your blood pressure does with normal activities.  They aren't very expensive.

Even if you needed to take blood pressure medicine, I don't think that means your health is failing.  Taking the medicine would be a way of stayng healthy.

I know you are right, but taking pills every day still feels like depending on something outside of my own control to be healthy.

I already have a BP monitor that my mom gave me. I have only used it a few times, but it seems to be consistent. Maybe I should get it out and use it for a while.
I buried it deep into the closet after my mom left and I have not touched it since.

The only good thing to note about all that high BP stuff last week was that, once I had made it all the way down that endless hallway, on my crutches, to the room they had set aside for me, suffering greatly with every movement, she tried to raise my BP even further with activity and my BP went down quite a lot.

I am holding to the hope that it was all due to the extreme pain I was enduring and that my average BP is not that high above normal. I can accept treatments, eventually, as many others my age have had to do.

I wonder if diabetics who have to take insulin every day to manage their blood sugar feel the same way you feel about depending on something outside of their control to be healthy?

After I read your post, I looked online to see what the ill effects of untreated high blood pressure would be and that scared me. 

Then I used my husband's monitor to check my own blood pressure, which has usually always been fine before, except when I broke my finger or hurt my ankle.

It was high, but nowhere near as high as yours was.

It was high enough that I tried to get in to see my regular doctor today or tomorrow, but she wasn't in her office today and one of her colleagues said that I needed to go to urgent care.

So I went.  They checked my blood pressure again and it was even higher than it had been at home so they did an ECG and found some minor abnormality, then told me to go to the emergency room for more monitoring.  After more tests, the emergency room sent me home with a prescription for lisinopril, an ACE inhibitor.  So now I take blood pressure medicine, thanks to you.

:)

If you had a serious infection, you would take antibiotics even if you had to take them for a long time to get rid of the infection, wouldn't you?

This is no different, IMO.  Maybe after we eliminate some salt from our diets or some stress from our lives or after the pain of our injuries gets better, we won't need to take this medicine any more, but I'm glad that it exists to keep us healthy in the meantime.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #19176 on: May 20, 2009, 02:07:42 AM »
My blood pressure's at 93/56 this morning.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19177 on: May 20, 2009, 06:17:14 AM »

Your diastolic blood pressure a little low.  I think it's probably fine as long as you don't have any problems like feeling light-headed or dizzy when you stand up quickly after lying down.

I have been doing a little research and I think I know why my blood pressure is high.  I have been taking two Aleve twice a day for over six weeks now because of my sprained ankle and Aleve is a prostaglandin inhibitor.  Prostaglandins can lower blood pressure by widening arteries, so prostaglandin inhibitors can raise blood pressure.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #19178 on: May 20, 2009, 07:13:15 AM »

Your diastolic blood pressure a little low.  I think it's probably fine as long as you don't have any problems like feeling light-headed or dizzy when you stand up quickly after lying down.

I have been doing a little research and I think I know why my blood pressure is high.  I have been taking two Aleve twice a day for over six weeks now because of my sprained ankle and Aleve is a prostaglandin inhibitor.  Prostaglandins can lower blood pressure by widening arteries, so prostaglandin inhibitors can raise blood pressure.

I get dizzy quite often; usually it happens when I come to a stop after a short burst of activity with no warm-up, like sprinting or lifting things, but it can happen at other times too, when there hasn't been any obvious trigger.  When it happens, my vision goes dark and I find it difficult to balance and remain upright for a few seconds, which can cause me to sway or stagger slightly and pause in whatever I'm doing.  It's a bit irritating, but I don't regard it as being a serious problem, and I'm content to put up with it if the low blood pressure is going to have a positive effect on my long-term health.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Blasted

« Reply #19179 on: May 20, 2009, 07:41:47 AM »

Do we know the lucky bastard that is going to give you a deep dicking?

No specific candidate as of yet.  Just opening up my options really.  Although prefer not to label myself just now because it's too confusing  :zoinks:

Blasted

« Reply #19180 on: May 20, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »
I wanna be 4 inches taller and 3 cup sizes smaller.

Also, this forum is becoming sleepy again.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:00:16 AM by Postures »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19181 on: May 20, 2009, 02:55:58 PM »
I wanna be 4 inches taller and 3 cup sizes smaller.

Also, this forum is becoming sleepy again.

Forum needs some  :coffee:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19182 on: May 20, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »

I wonder if diabetics who have to take insulin every day to manage their blood sugar feel the same way you feel about depending on something outside of their control to be healthy?

After I read your post, I looked online to see what the ill effects of untreated high blood pressure would be and that scared me. 

Then I used my husband's monitor to check my own blood pressure, which has usually always been fine before, except when I broke my finger or hurt my ankle.

It was high enough that I tried to get in to see my regular doctor today or tomorrow, but she wasn't in her office today and one of her colleagues said that I needed to go to urgent care.

So I went.  They checked my blood pressure again and it was even higher than it had been at home so they did an ECG and found some minor abnormality, then told me to go to the emergency room for more monitoring.  After more tests, the emergency room sent me home with a prescription for lisinopril, an ACE inhibitor.  So now I take blood pressure medicine, thanks to you.

If you had a serious infection, you would take antibiotics even if you had to take them for a long time to get rid of the infection, wouldn't you?

This is no different, IMO.  Maybe after we eliminate some salt from our diets or some stress from our lives or after the pain of our injuries gets better, we won't need to take this medicine any more, but I'm glad that it exists to keep us healthy in the meantime.

Bless you Callaway.
I hope that there is nothing really wrong and you can go on as before with your "new normal." 

I am trying to reach my own level of resolve in this area. My dad, as I mentioned, took these drugs early on and he was truly the strongest man I have ever known, yet he had the wisdom to face nature and be humble in its face.

Tomorrow is the big day for me. My regular doc will be there for me, trying to blow me up (As i like to refer to those fucking stress tests I am going to do) and then I will know for sure how bad it all is. Back in February, when I last saw him, there was no interest in my BP, only a worry that I would not be the best candidate for an aircast to correct a fracture to the forearm. He knows me fairly well - but, not that well - I held my arm totally still for over a month (I challenge anyone to hold any part of their body more still for so long and with so much concentration) and it healed!

Tomorrow will be  a day  to  remember  for me.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19183 on: May 20, 2009, 05:21:16 PM »
I knew that thread would go retarded once it got down to specifics.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19184 on: May 20, 2009, 05:23:46 PM »

BTW, I am only (semi-) close to two diabetics these days - one is filled with sheer joy to be alive, makes every day count to full measure and most people either make fun of him (jealousy)  or envy him (he is truly a beautiful person and makes a positive impact on many people), while the other one tries to make everyone feel sorry for her and all her problems. She seems to get her attention, but nothing of value seems to ever come from her.
It's not exactly opposite ends of some spectrum, but He will outlive Her by years, I expect, and will touch more lives than she can possibly imagine.

If I was to ask her, I would be bored with the answer she offered. Asking him, I would likely be inspired, even though my bias exists so strongly that my attempts to fight it would fail.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 06:11:55 PM by DirtDawg »